• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Evo2k7 picks up SSBM

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
It’s been a crazy week for the Melee tournament community. First <a href="http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=96486">MLG announced it is dropping Smash from the Pro tour</a>, but would sponsor several grass roots tournaments around the country. The decision was not unexpected — Smash has been a long way from profitable for MLG, yet they have continued to support the game due to its passionate fanbase. Offering to sponsor four fan-run tournaments is a great gesture on their part, which should easily hold us over until Brawl is released. Still, it’s a shame to see the game dropped from their Pro Tour.

Then, a few days ago, <a href="http://www.Evo2k.com">Evo2k7</a> announced their lineup. To the shock of many, Evolution 2007 will feature Melee alongside fighting game staples such as Street Fighter II: Turbo to Capcom vs SNK 2. Evo2k7 features 3 qualifier tournaments around the country — and I’m particularly excited about the South qualifier, as it’s free to enter!

The competitive scene shows no sign of slowing down, and it’s only going to get more exciting as the year goes on.

S

smashfan# 100000

hey why does my computer can’t post anything?
it says besides my name “your comment is awating moderation” what does that means?

S

smashfan# 100000

I am on another computer that’s why I post something again

X

XperimnT

If I could play in a Smash Bros tournament, I would really enjoy it.
(You aren’t making much sense.)

X

XperimnT

If I could play in a Smash Bros tournament, I would really enjoy it.
Afraid of loss, but it would be fun to try.

X

XperimnT

Sorry. My computer is acting wierd by sending two similar messages.
It has a mind of its own.

X

XperimnT

Sorry. My computer is acting wierd by sending two similar messages.
I think I am ******** and slow like my computer.

J

Johann(plomid)

well that really makes smash a part of the hardcore fighting game community doesn’t it?
but not like we weren’t hardcore before.

X

XperimnT

Smash is now the most hardcore fighting game I have ever played. I think its better than any other fighting game.

A

Aaron

i think so to xperiment. its so hardcore i took a **** in my pants with all the excitement.

Top Bottom