• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Evidence of an official animated Mario movie?

Egg.

Smash Journeyman
Wasn't sure if this was the right place to put this or if anyone would be interested, but there have been some rumors recently of Nintendo partnering with Sony Pictures to create an animated Mario movie.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/leaked-emails-show-sony-and-nintendo-discussing-ma/1100-6424175/

This hasn't been confirmed by either company and is pure speculation based on some leaked communications, but do you think something like this could happen? And if it turns out to be true, is it something you'd be interested in seeing? I for one would ecstatic to see something like this considering some of the amazing CG that we've seen in the newcomer trailers and Pikmin movies. Charles Martinet as a voice actor would be icing on the cake. But I'm still really skeptical that this is actually happening.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
We don't need a Mario animated movie... The animated series was horrible, the movie was horrible, and I shudder to think what a combination of the two would be.

Himynameisisaac

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Himynameisisaac
Not really. Sony Pictures is just a division of the entire Sony conglomerate.

They're just another company in a different industry Nintendo is not competing with.
I agree, it's not impossible. But on a post i saw on Facebook i saw so many idiots saying "be ready to see Mario on the PS4" or "SSB vs. PSA" that i literally had to log off. People are just too stupid to insult sometimes.

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
I agree, it's not impossible. But on a post i saw on Facebook i saw so many idiots saying "be ready to see Mario on the PS4" or "SSB vs. PSA" that i literally had to log off. People are just too stupid to insult sometimes.
The only thing I could see that's remotely like Mario on PS4 is IF the movie is made and it was advertised for streaming on PS4 or even XBONE. Just the movie. Which would be beneficial to Nintendo. If seeing their icons in a different media being advertised on a competitor's console, it could help their game sales.

I mean WoW is advertised on Xbox but you don't see it on consoles.

Last edited:
Top Bottom