• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Everyone should try out my game! :)

Laijin

Smash Hero
I just graduated from school and with the completion of school, my group has also just recently completed our final project game.
Its a tower defense game that deviates from the traditional tower defense gameplay and goes towards something a bit different. Its pretty similar to the new "South Park Let's Go Tower Defense Play!" and "Pixel Junk: Monsters" if you have seen, played or heard of any of those games.
Even if you have not, you should give this a try. :]

Steam Tower Recommended Specs

3.00 GHz Intel Core Duo
2GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce 9800GT 512MB
200MB Hard Drive Space

If you don't meet these specs, the game may not run as it was intended to run or even not at all in some cases.

Download here:
http://www.filemonster.net/en/file/14781/SteamTower-installer--1-0-exe.html

And last but not least! Become a fan on facebook!
There you will find art work and game play vids.
Just go to facebook and search for "Steam Tower"

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Is this only for PC? And this link works. The others I tried didn't, but I didn't try them all. If you copied and pasted from this one, that's why. It shortened the link with a '...' in the middle.

Yeah, it's PC only. Ah well.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Thanks. I'll change the others.
And yes its only for PC.

Edit: You can however hook up an Xbox controller to your computer via USB and play it on the controller. We added that functionality for console gamers

Edit2: If you have a mac, your game will run if your emulating windows on your mac.

Jaff

Smash Rookie
Ill give it a shot - soon as it finishes downloading =(

Handorin

Smash Hero
I just finished the story mode. It was pretty good. It took getting used to a little bit, but once I got the controls down, it was easier. Then I realized I was screwed cause the boss was just walking past everything, so I just built mass maxed out rocket towers, a bunch of sand traps, and shot him near the base xD

Laijin

Smash Hero
yeah i have a 2.86, it should work still?
The specs are recommended, as we were able to test the game on those specs the most(Since those are our work machine specs). But lower specs should work. What I do know for sure is that the game will support as low as 256 MBs of memory on your graphics card. Any lower and the game will crash.
You should give it a try and see if it'll work if your computer specs are lower. :)

I just finished the story mode. It was pretty good. It took getting used to a little bit, but once I got the controls down, it was easier. Then I realized I was screwed cause the boss was just walking past everything, so I just built mass maxed out rocket towers, a bunch of sand traps, and shot him near the base xD
haha. xD I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Sand Traps + Rocket Towers. We call that the "Shake n Bake".
Sand Traps + Land Mine(So the enemies all group up together in one pile from the sand trap near the end). We call that the "Tragic Magic". Pretty effective stuff

You should try out survival mode next. Its really intense stuff.

Laijin

Smash Hero
3 GHz >__________<
Like I said, those are just recommended specs. We did not have the time to test the game out on multiple different machines, so the specs listed in the OP are the specs of our work machines.

I'm pretty confident the game will work on lower specs, so try it out :]
What I do know for sure is minimum your graphics card should have 256MBs or higher.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Does anyone have any suggestions on where else to post this? Like a site for indie game developers to post there stuff or a collection of tower defense games that are free to download?

황미영

Smash Champion
You could always try posting this on Newgrounds... >w>;

And armorgames.com has tower defense games but they are on the browser.

Top Bottom