• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Everyone check out VGBootCamp Next Week! 3/3/15 @ 8PM

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
Didn't Nintendo sponsor Apex? All that changed was that we got free setups
Kahnu you get too upset :urg:
not too mention how our stream time was totally garbage and we were almost going to play in ****ing tents

lol gg

Sedda

Smash Champion
what if it's a tournament series nationwide alkdsjf;alskjdf

Last edited:

UNKN{OWN}iXi

Smash Journeyman
They're announcing a 64 tournament using the same costumes from those commercials.

Me and you, and you and me, no matter how they toss the dice, this community.. will be doomed foreverrrr ba-da-ba-baaaaaa

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
They're announcing a 64 tournament using the same costumes from those commercials.

Me and you, and you and me, no matter how they toss the dice, this community.. will be doomed foreverrrr ba-da-ba-baaaaaa

i think i'd die if i had to wear a dk costume for 3+ hours

Shears

Smash Master

I think this needs to be the next announcement. Honestly that would be so much fun if everyone dressed in their costumes and had like a sumo wrestling tournament with giant foam items.

\\Killer//

Smash Journeyman
I still believe it's about Hyrule being the new starting stage.....I'm sticking with this statement until I die.

caneut

Smash Ace

so happy to geth errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

clubbadubba

Smash Master
apparently the announcement will be before melee gf, which usually around or a little after 10. I'd say tune in around 930/945 to check in on the tourney progress to be safe.

and by melee gf i mean gf of whatever they will be playing, i think smash 4.

Last edited:

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
apparently the announcement will be before melee gf, which usually around or a little after 10. I'd say tune in around 930/945 to check in on the tourney progress to be safe.

and by melee gf i mean gf of whatever they will be playing, i think smash 4.
So to be sure, on twitch right?

clubbadubba

Smash Master
hope you didn't troll us and its just like 50% off on n64 controllers
i mean lets be real that would be pretty hype if they were good controllers

looks like loser's quarters or semis right now

Last edited:

clubbadubba

Smash Master
quarter price and its hype.

loser's semis now.

edit: ok looks like wf and lf left, both 2/3, then announcement

Last edited:

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
this seams 100x better than apex just due to the location and time of year alone. Almost guaranteed that ill be going to this the timing is perfect to me and no chance for a blizzard to ruin everything

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Here is the announcement if you missed it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9xAapVYtQU

Super Smash Con has been announced Aug 6th-9th in Chantilly, VA. Tournaments for 64, melee, brawl, wii u. $30,000 pot guaranteed. Going to be a LOT of extracurricular stuff besides the tournament geared toward growing the community.

Here's the kicker guys, the reason this is so big for 64 specifically is that Justin is running this event. The Justin from VA who is strictly a 64 player and really wants 64 to get more spotlight than it has at past events. Should be better than Apex from 64's perspective. Stuff we've been begging to get like round robin pools, actual stream time, etc., is stuff that we will probably actually get this time around.

Seems like not all the goods have been revealed yet, but from the talks I've had with Justin there will be a number of updates in the coming days weeks months whatever that will be of big interest to the 64 community. I think its safe to say that this should be the biggest smash 64 event EVER.

Last edited:

clubbadubba

Smash Master
i think it was pretty obvious, but the fact that another major is including 64 is awesome
I think the best part is that from what I understand 64 will be more than just included at this event. From what I understand it will be more like a main event as opposed to basically being treated as a side event at Apex and Zenith for years.

BananaBolts

I find you quite appealing
It's closer to me than Apex was. Hallelujah

Edit: I didn't realize that it was in EXTREMELY NORTHERN VIRGINIA

Last edited:

BananaBolts

I find you quite appealing
How the hell am I gonna get to Virginia?? And how am I gonna stay there for 2 days?... Oh god I hope my parents let me
At least it's only 2 hours 45 minutes away from you... It's 10 hours from where I live.

You would think that I wouldn't have to drive far because VA borders TN... then again, TN borders alot of states

Sedda

Smash Champion
At least it's only 2 hours 45 minutes away from you... It's 10 hours from where I live.

You would think that I wouldn't have to drive far because VA borders TN... then again, TN borders alot of states
just greyhound that ************ ez

M4TT

Smash Cadet
northern virginia? basically where I am. Hope its a good location for others too..

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
does anyone know how big apex was this year in sqr footage? i need a reference point cuz i have no idea how big 100,000 feet is

clubbadubba

Smash Master
that would basically be a square that is 100 yards in both directions. Think football fields

Top Bottom