• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Everdrive 64 for smash 64??

Treedot

Smash Journeyman
I don't see why it wouldn't work, EverDrive claims to work with 99% of the N64 library.

LimeSoda

Smash Cadet
Within the Smash community 19xx has recognition, though. Melee kids and others know 20xx so they know it's a mod right away.

Treedot

Smash Journeyman
I get what you mean, but within the Smash community, because of 20XX being a mod, I think people immediately recognize 19XX as being a mod as well. I've never heard of anyone confusing it with 20XX, and sadly I've never heard anyone refer to it as Ultra Smash Bros... :(

Not to mention, if you search for Ultra Smash Bros on Google it comes up with a bunch of Smash Bros fan games made in Scratch or whatever, but if you search 19XXTE, it comes right up with this thread.

Annex

Smash Ace
I think 19XXTE is a better name but if Jorgasms wants to call it Ultra Smash Bros we should definitely use that, no question

Treedot

Smash Journeyman
I think 19XXTE is a better name but if Jorgasms wants to call it Ultra Smash Bros we should definitely use that, no question
Well of course. I trust this dude's judgement. I'm not the one working on a mod all by myself for hundreds of people to use.

KingKarma

Smash Rookie
Does Everdrive 64 emulate smash exactly like a N64 console? Or does it just feel close, like how offline Project 64 feels close but a bit different to console?

Shears

Smash Master
An everdrive is console. Imagine you have a blank cd, and you burn one cd onto it. Will it play like a cd? Yes. Imagine you have an everdrive, and you burn a game onto it. Will it play like console? Yes.

Treedot

Smash Journeyman
Basically, the EverDrive is just pretending to be the game you select. The N64 is playing it just like it would any other game.

Earthward Bound

Smash Cadet
Is there a "best" place to buy them online? I've heard they are expensive (around $100) but when I was browsing them online I didn't see one go cheaper than $200

Manaburn

Smash Rookie
My EverDrive works amazing with Smash 64 and it works great with a multiplayer map mod I've got for the game too. 3 extra maps.

Top Bottom