• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ever Shine Spiked Someone with Falco?

Spin-Dash

Smash Journeyman
Too much fun~

I know that Falco has a lot more efficient uses for the shine and better ways to spike (hello dair), but ever ticked someone off for the hell of it by Shine Spiking them? XD!

zamz

Smash Journeyman
Falco's shine cannot spike. You're thinking of Fox.

J4pu

Smash Champion
do you mean standing at the edge and spamming shine to screw up their horizontal recovery?
cuz that's not really spiking, but that's the closest thing I can think of that you can do with it.

bowz

Smash Journeyman
Falco's shine cannot spike. You're thinking of Fox.
Well, there's always the possibility he is thinking of the shine actually STAGE spiking somebody, because almost all moves can do that.

PS, fox's shine doesn't spike either. It just gives out a knock back that is usually unrecoverable by most. Unless it stage spikes somebody, but that's the stage.

zamz

Smash Journeyman
Well, there's always the possibility he is thinking of the shine actually STAGE spiking somebody, because almost all moves can do that.

PS, fox's shine doesn't spike either. It just gives out a knock back that is usually unrecoverable by most. Unless it stage spikes somebody, but that's the stage.
Fox's shine certainly isn't a strong spike, it's very weak. But considering it does knock the opponent in a downward direction, I could see why someone might call it a spike. (And as far as I know, I thought Fox mainers actually referred to it as a 'spike').

I'm just saying if any shine had a spike, it would have to be fox. It's not going to be Falco :bee:

Spin-Dash

Smash Journeyman
Well that made me look like a total douche, now didn't it? :p

Sorry about that. Well, I'm no Falco Main, and maybe this is just territory that I shouldn't bother to tread on, but I've found that the stun from Falco's Shine is enough to suffice in some situations.

I've gimped a Marth's recovery once by doing this. I jumped off the stage to intercept them and I just used the Shine because I thought it would be funny. And what do you know? The Shine pushed the Marth back significantly enough that no matter what, they had no chance of recovering.

Dunno if I would call it a Shine Spike but it does the job when performed right. And to my knowledge, Falco really doesn't have any other moves that provide good knockback off the stage except for Bair or Dair in contrast to his other moves.

I'm not claiming to discovering anything, but whatever works, works.

[EDIT]

Actually, in a sense I think I would call it a Shine Spike. It's far from as effective as Fox's or maybe even Wolf's, but in Melee, when you shine spiked someone, the hitstun ended quick enough at an attempt for an Up B or whatever recovery. Same holds true in Brawl; in both games you're screwed anyways.

I dunno. Personally I was just talking outloud.

Vice Lord

Smash Apprentice
Scarborough, Ontario (Scarberian barbarians)
i wonder if this topic will be open much longer. Oh and, repeat of what everyone else has said x 2. While falco's dair spike is insane, i have a lot of fun with occasional side-b spikes, catches some people off guard.

Edit: upsmash, and forward smash and uair work very well for kills as well spin-ddashh

Spin-Dash

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, I guess I should have been more specific about what I meant by moves off the stage. The air attacks. :p The Dair and Bair are the best of his aerial arsenal in my opinion. I'm not counting his ground smash attacks or whatnot.

Regardless, that's not the topic at hand here.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
Well, I only have one good memory of gimping with Falco's shine. On FD, I was facing Diddy who was camping on the ledge with B-forward while I was respawning. I used a rar bair off the stage in an attempt to hit Diddy. Diddy reacted in time and fast falled to charge B-up instead of just using B-forward (does Diddy's hump out-prioritize Falco's bair?). I fell just past Diddy and did a shine+jump at the same time. The knock back was just enough to put Diddy's head under FD. I recovered with B-up while Diddy tried charging and aiming for the ledge. He over shot, and missed. I'm not sure if it was possible for Diddy to make it back. I don't remember what % he was at.

Top Bottom