• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Event Match creator": anyone think it's a good idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dusty22

Smash Cadet
What if you could "create" custom event matches, kind of like using the stage builder? Then put them up for download, for other players to play, rate, and remix? Maybe you could earn some coins if your event was popular? Or for beating other people's event matches?

Things you should be able to control:
Standard stuff like teams, NPC levels, item settings, starting handicap etc.

Stage - - -
Music, Hazards On/Off

Characters - - -
Allow player to choose character or have a set character, choose up to 7 NPC characters

Character effects - - -
Kind of like a special Smash, except you can set effects for individual characters, like Metal, Heavy, Tiny, Knockback Power and Knockback Resistance multipliers, AI tendencies (like in Training mode), number of lives per character

Movesets - - -
Allow/Disallow custom characters, allow forcing player and/or NPCs to use a particular custom moveset.

Other - - -
Set win/lose conditions.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Wee could have gotten something close to this had they allowed for more customization in special smash. I want to fight a giant Mario, but I can't do that since I have to make myself giant as well.
It's a feature I really wanted before the game was released but I knew they probably wouldn't do it.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
If only something like this were possible. It's sad when you know that Special Smash's features affect ALL the fighters, instead of just certain individuals.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
It could happen if Special Smash allowed more options when it comes to customizations like who gets giants, who gets 300%, ect. I'd also like something similar to how the battles are at the end of Smash Tour where if you lose a stock, you get another character.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I'd actually be quite interested in seeing this happen! I was a little disappointed that we didn't get DLC Event Matches to tag along with the DLC fighters, and I have plenty of ideas for potential Event Matches for such fighters (especially for Ryu). I'd love to actually make these ideas come to life and share them worldwide similar to how you share Mii Fighters, photos, stages, etc.

If Special Smash allowed you to pick which fighter(s) gets the effects instead of giving them to everyone, I think it would be closest experience we'd have to an Event Match Creator. Too bad that this concept probably won't happen until Smash 5, but the more I think about it, the more I wish it was a DLC mode we had for this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom