• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Even Matchup Gaming Top 10 Plays - Diddy Kong Getting Bodied

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Two questions:
  1. Was it streamed?
  2. If it was, can you give me the link? I really want to see that!
Also, Diddy getting bodied and none of that Zero Suit Samus action? BLASPHEMY!!!!!!
Disclaimer: I'm joking ^_^
Oh yeah sure! Enjoy the show!

Choocheese

Smash Rookie
NNID
choocheese
Diddy can be very annoying to play due to constant d-throw up airs, but he's not invincible by any means. just gotta learn the matchup.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Oh yeah sure! Enjoy the show!
aMSa's Yoshi is just INSANE!!!!!!!

Seriously though, beating M2K's Sheik on FD?! With YOSHI?!?! IMO, I think aMSa just became one of Melee's gods, as they said in the video.

Diddy can be very annoying to play due to constant d-throw up airs, but he's not invincible by any means. just gotta learn the matchup.
For your information, most of the cast can do something amazing out of d-throw. Diddy simply stands out for being one of the few that can actually KO. You can also DI out of it.

Justin Little

Smash Ace

Donkey Kong putting his nephew in his place. Showing him who's the real first banana around here.
Their relations have been retconned. They are just buddies. Also, they are two completely different species which makes it impossible for them to be related in the first place.

Last edited:

Engage

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WeegeeUser
THAT TKBREEZY AND PINKFRESH TAKE OFF, INTO A POP OFF. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOYPE.

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
I honestly believe that the whole "throw to aerial" stuff isn't what makes Diddy so great. I honestly think that other characters like Charizard, Bowser and Captain Falcon have better throws > aerial attacks.

Hell, even Bowser and Charizard's U-Airs KO at lower percentages than Diddy's U-air (I KO'd Bowser with Charizard's U-Air at 90%), so no where are Diddy's aerials close to being amazing.

Decent yes, amazing, hell no.
In terms of raw power alone, yes. Charizard and Bowser's UAir are better than Diddy's. Overall? No way in hell is Charizard's Uair better than Diddy's because of the range, power, versatility of the move, and how it's one of two moves that can punish any option out of Diddy's DThrow. Charizard's UAir would be better if he had a reliable way of linking into the move, but he doesn't in this game or at least Charizard mains haven't seen it yet.

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
*watches the video*

*steps up to the podium*

All the chimp children in the audience... Cover your eyes. :p

Top Bottom