• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Evanston/North Chicago Smash?

Greenstone

Smash Rookie
I've been playing smash casually for a while, and I'm looking to get into the scene. For that, I'm looking for somewhere to play.

Searching the boards seems to suggest that there's a big scene down in Oak Park, but unfortunately from Evanston that's a 2 hour train ride. For me, that means Wednesday night tournaments are out.

So I'm looking for something on the Chicago north side, Evanston, or even the north suburbs. Project M is my game of choice, but I'm assuming I could roll with Melee if that was the only close option.

Even if it was just some guys who wanted to play sometimes, the variety would be nice (I play and beat my coworkers regularly).

joshcar16

Smash Rookie
Honestly I wish that Ignite gaming lounge on Elston hosted Smash tourneys. I know they have Street Fighter and other fighting games. But yeah, pretty much EXP in Oak Park is the only place I can think of off the top of my head.

LayLow59

Smash Rookie
i go by Gurnee, IL to play smash with some cousins and i found a tourney around that area on September 5, 2014 Friday afternoon

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Premium
Hey Greenstone, here's hoping you're still active here.

I think I played some friendlies with you at the E2C tournament in Glenview, I'm the PM Roy from Evanston. I'm pretty sure we live close by, but we never got around to getting each other's contacts. It'd be great to keep doing some friendlies every once in a while if you're interested. Shoot me a message and we'll exchange info.

Top Bottom