• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Evan Almighty: Sequel to Bruce Almighty

Pit 42

Smash Lord
What do you guys think about the new Bruce Almighty sequel, Evan Almighty? It'll be coming out sometime this summer, and it won't star Jim Carrey or Jennifer Aniston. It will star Steve Carell (Evan in the films), and is about Evan encountering God (Morgan Freeman reprising his role), who tells him to build an ark because a great flood is coming.

Personally, I think it will flop because it doesn't have Jim Carrey in it, like other Jim Carrey-less sequels. (Dumb and Dumberer, Son of the Mask).

Dibs

Smash Lord
I have faith in this movie. I think Steve Carell would be capable enough not to let this sequel bomb. Jim Carey isn't the greatest comedy actor ever.

Venom Dream

Smash Champion
Well, I guess after Click ripped them off (but managed to do it right), I guess they have to redeem themselves.

It has more potential than most movies in this vein.

quak

Smash Champion
I agree as well. Carrell in 40 year old virgin, and little miss sunshine was way better than any of the silly/wacky comedy that jim carry does, as seen is pet detective.

And it's a good concept

And the son of the mask was a flop as soon as they anounced it.

D.A.N.

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5257-9865-7609
I think the cast will do fine but the story is a bit...out there?

Pit 42

Smash Lord
I think the cast will do fine but the story is a bit...out there?
I agree. It seems it bit more "out there" than the first movie.

I just hope that within the film, they don't try to make something funnier than Evan's gibberish in the first film. That might lead to disaster.

EEvisu

Smash Lord
I'm sure it will be a good movie just not as god as the orginal one, I'll go see it if the preveiws hold my intrest.

shadowstriker2005

Smash Journeyman
While Steve Carrel is much more talented than the gimmicky Jim Carrey, I really have doubts about this movie doing well because it's a sequel. That means that some storyline events from the first movie will show up, and Bruce Almighty was easily one of the most boring, cliched and contrived movies I've seen in the past five years. Only if there's a major change in how the movie plays out will I see it, which I don't see happening.

UltVGmer

Smash Journeyman
I dont see this movie doing much, but it might be a good rental for a couple of laughs with ur friends or family

*On a side note: EEvisu's current Jedi sig actually made me "LOL", keep'em coming man!

Top Bottom