• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Evading with F-smash???????

donferd_donster

Smash Cadet
when i was brawling today i notice that when a luigi was getting ready to f-smash (chop) i f-smashed in reaction and he missed and i hit w/sweetspot. it seems that when mario reaches back to gather energy or w/e he moves back slightly and then unleashes his attack, in thus he evaded a deadly blow! i wonder if we can use this? or no? help please!!!:dizzy:

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Unless you have godly timing, this wouldn't work.

And I also think that Mario's Fsmash has more range than Luigi's so that may be it.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Sounds like you did a Stutter-stepped F-Smash.

In that case it would work provided you spaced correctly.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Yes... Uhhh Hero May u explain to me what a stutter-stepped f-smash is please mr. sir. lol! im kinda new but im styll a beast baby!:laugh::embarrass
Stutter stepping is just obtaining extra range to your Fsmash by using it in the opposite direction you're facing. Anyway, it sounds like you're just describing the small step backwards Mario takes before thrusting into his move; dodging an atk using this, like with Bowser's Fsmash, is called shift via atk.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Sure. It's pretty simple.

A Stutter-stepped F-Smash is just when you do a small dash and then use an F-Smash. However, you don't do the full dash animation.

In Mario's case, when he has his back turned to the opponent, when you F-Smash the opposite way he's facing, he gets a large range boost. So pretty much, Mario can just "walk away" from an incoming attack and do a Stutter-stepped F-Smash as a counter attack.

cHooKay

Smash Journeyman
Take note, mario has one of the best stutter-stepped f-smashes in the game.. if you incorporate that into your metagame you can seriously pull off solid mindgames for easy KOs.

Geou

Smash Apprentice
Judge Judy is right. What you're describing is how Mario leans back a little before he launches his F-Smash, like Bowser does. It could help in the right situation.

Ray/Boshi

Smash Journeyman
I agree with Skyler. Godly timing and spacing eye wise on your opponet.

This happened with me vs a Marth once. Looked as if i'd be hit by a tipped Fsmash. But my stutter stepped Fsmash, i retracted back, he missed, then I clocked him.

shadyf0o

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, mario leans back very slightly before smashng. I've avoided attacks this way, but not intentionally.

Top Bottom