• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EV vids, Critique me please =D

EV tiamo

Smash Rookie
Hello olimars mains!!

So thanks to Fino I got some vids now =D These are from yesturday since I watched a lot of Andy G, Fino, and Blackwaltz and learned a lot. I tried doing some of the stuff they do... Fino helped / explained some things for me. Anyways, it would be super cool for you guys to critique my olimar (be nice <3)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMWwjHpmtDM versus donkey kong

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Uh4l5AXIv8 versus rob
*I got excited... and I got hasty for the kill and SD'd XD <3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdfDnESyIjs versus Marf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgrjZXxpMow versus same marf

Btw Andy G, Fino, Blackwaltz.... *_* thanksies <3

Rocann

Smash Lord
but yeah against donkey kong, if you insist on not just camping the hell out of him, just use any attack-> nair on shield over and over. make sure you fall to his backside so he can't grab you. he's so big that works almost every time and it's pretty safe if it doesn't.

vs donkey kong: less up B, especially when you're not at max range for it. there is a specific range that olimars use it for now that I'm not sure most others even realize, but if you hit them once with an up B at that range, the next time, they will airdodge it... straight into a usmash. it's just a little less than max range. you still want it to be safe when you use it, so make sure you get all those platform cancels right

vs ROB: halfway through this match right now, you're being super aggressive for no reason, you used another silly up B and your recovery would get wrecked by a good rob. what you should be doing is fastfalling down as soon as you can, then using a rising uair to clear the way back to the stage

1:40 grab mixups. first of all, dthrow -> fair should've worked, so do that faster. but if they do manage to airdodge it, and you get another grab, chances are they're gonna airdodge again. so if you decide to do the dthrow -> usmash, charge it up a little to catch them out of it.

learn to DI correctly with momentum cancelling and all that (should be a thread on oli boards somewhere from fino)

if a character especially like rob is pressuring you please get away from them, and never try to beat pokes with pikmin, it doesn't work

nitpicky, but fastfall when you get off death platform so you have more time to get pikmin and be safe

vs Marth first match: ugh I quit watching this so frustrating

vs Marth second match: while in the beginning you were playing all in his face like you had no idea how to play the matchup (camp...), in the middle you played very well. you stayed away, you spaced with smashes and grabs properly, and in the end you did nothing but spam smashes which will never work on anyone good, especially if they use marth. You also DIed will in this one. Just be careful recovering against marth, using ledgehops and ledge attacks is very unwise; dolphin slash OOS will eat your face and put you in blast zone.

don't taunt after they die, pluck pikmin.

Fino

Smash Master

Sigh... haven't done anything like this in awhile but...

DK:
Beginning, good chain throw
0.11 - don't dtilt from so far away... you're asking to get punished
0.21 - dk got a lucky hit.... stupid pikmin
0.27 - good smash DI
0.45 - good throw combo (nice mix up) I think that's what you were trying to do the first time though =-/
?? - do you auto cstick up then down (or backwards) all the time?
1.12 - buffered uthrow looked SICK :D

R.O.B:
Wayyyyy to aggressive. You make too many mistakes
1:03-06 - if only that would've spiked.... epic
1.57 - good DI, but you should learn to SDI out of rob's dsmash
2.05 - AMAZING utilt over lazer XD (all luck :p )
ROB > pikmin...
if he's tilting... run, pluck'n'chuck
you try to spike way too much... good rob's will uair through that (uair being his strongest move too). be careful.... and aim your spikes better ;D
2.29 - careless mistake from being over aggressive again

Marth 1:
This marth is trying way to hard to get combo vid material... you lived a lot longer than you should have quite a few times.
0.53 - that's my combo D:
1:56 - dtilt under fair approaches = interesting
The end reminded me of what marths did to people in melee.... nice finish

Marth 2:
Uh oh... dtilt comboz. Not really the best idea... it looks more like you're toying with him =-/
0.48 - IT'S A TRAP
1.09 - now that's the defensive type play you should be doing... just make a wall
1.20 - get *****... see... it works ;)
1.27 - IT'S A TRAP... I have no clue how you pull these off >_>
1.53 - WTF?!? I need to see this frame by frame
Smashing w/ whites = bad
End: get marth'd lol

Umm... you seem to have an understanding of how to do everything... but you decided to make poor choices anyways. Aggressive is cool so long as you know what you're doing, otherwise build a wall. Overall pretty good, but try to find some better opponents ;) Just hit up AiB and go to their free play chat or join the ladder (but online ladders are dumb imo)

~Fino

Top Bottom