• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EV training...can you split EVs?

KratosAurion192

Smash Ace
Example of what I mean:

I'm training for defense, I hack so I can randomly encounter golems who give me 3 EVs of defense each. I send out pokemon1 and then switch out to pokemon2... If both have a macho brace on, does that split the EVs between the two or do they both gain 6 EVs for defense?

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
They both get 6 EVs in defense. That is, if you defeated Golem. You didn't say anything about defeating it.

titus

Smash Journeyman
wow, wtf didnt i think of doing that? its a good thing that you posted this. well, while im here, the power items do multiply the EVs by four, right? so if i fight a luxray(3atk EVs) i will get 12 EVs in atk? and it will be distributed the same as the above scenario, where each pokemon that was on the field gets the same amount of EVs?

frenchfri

Smash Apprentice
titus, Power items don't multiply by 4, they ADD 4 EVs. So fighting a Luxray while you have a Power Bracer on would give you 7 Atk EVs. For the second question, the Pokemon with the Power Bracer would get 7, while the one not holding it would get 3 (no Power item bonus for him).

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
I thought the Macho Brace doubled the EVs you obtain.

That's how you'd get 6 EVs in defense in the above scenario and, for titus, 3 EVs for Attack.

drcossack

Smash Ace
Really?

Ehh. That's too much math for me.

I'd rather torture myself with Starly and Zubat killing with the Macho Brace. It's mind-numbing, but effective.

KratosAurion192

Smash Ace
Yup that about sums it up... and then you can also switch that pokemon out for another guy with pkrus and a macho brace, make him faint out that golbat and they both gain 8 then... cool huh?

Now can I switch between 3 or 4 pokemon with the same results?

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
This is very good info for me considering I am pretty n00b to EV's. Didn't make this topic but thanks for all that long, hard, grueling math work(what was the highest number...eight?)for the info.

titus

Smash Journeyman
i guess so, i think that you might want to double check with serebii, just incase. lol. but then agaon you could just use power items, you'd get 12 with power item and pokerus.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
No I know about those I just didn't know the item things. I only knew Macho Brace but now know that you can use other items for whatever.
**** Bidoofs. Trying to EV train but instead of Starly I keep finding this thing.

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
Yup that about sums it up... and then you can also switch that pokemon out for another guy with pkrus and a macho brace, make him faint out that golbat and they both gain 8 then... cool huh?

Now can I switch between 3 or 4 pokemon with the same results?
In a battle against a Golbat(or whatever), every Poke that got EXP will gain EVs. This also counts for EXP Share.

So, in a battle with Golbat...
Poke 1 has MB and pkrus and thus gains 8 EVs
Poke 2 with either MB or pkrus(but not both) gains 4 EVs
Poke 3, with no items, gains 2 EVs
Poke 4, who didn't appear in battle but had EXP Share, gains 2 EVs(Teh best way to EV train Magikarp :p)

This was just an example. I know the power items increase the gained EVs, but I don't know how much.

MasterMatt

Smash Journeyman
how does the effort ribbon come into play with EVs? someone told me that once you have the maximum amount of EVs on a pokemon that the lady will give you the effort ribbon, is that accurate?

Top Bottom