• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EV and moveset help for.......

ss118

Smash Master
1: Hasty(T.T) Diagla
-Defense, + Speed
My God. One of the WORST natures for Diagla, since he has below average speed to start, IMO. I don't know what to do with him.

2: Rash Azelf
+Sp. Atk, - Sp. Def
Azelf never relied too much on defense, if I am correct. I don't see it as too big of a loss, but please tell me if I'm wrong. I would like for it to be a Nasty Plot sweeper.

3: Careful Blissey
-Sp. Atk, +Sp. Def
lol. And it was already a special wall >.>. Possibly reflect to make up for the horrible defense, or something along those lines, like charm. IDK.

Also, where is this IV calculator?
Thanks in advance! None of them have any EVs added yet(unless EXP. share shares EVs, too), so I'm waiting to see what to do. Because I'm completely lost.

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
Rash isn't exactly the worst nature for Azelf, but Timid and Modest would be a lot better. Nasty Plot, Flamethrower, Psychic, Explosion/Thunderbolt/Grass Knot/U-Turn. Flamethrower is almost obligatory for the Weavile that is no doubt switching in on you. Psychic is for the obvious stab, and the last moves are in order for when you're done sweeping, Gyarados, Swampert/Milo/Suicune, and U-Turn for easing prediction. If you don't want to Flamethrower as soon as you come in, U-Turn can dent Weavile too. Bliss walls you unless you blow up or HP Fighting (2HKO after 2 Nasty Plots if Bliss is max HP) though.

For Blissey, I would really really really encourage a Bold nature, or even Calm (Bold is a lot better). Ice Beam is going to be almost necessary, so a -SAtk nature isn't too hot. But really, more importantly, you want a +Def nature. Bliss maxes Def no matter what. The rest are split in HP and SpAtk. Ice Beam/Thunderbolt/Flamethrower/Grass Knot/Focus Blast, Seismic Toss, Softboiled, Aromatherapy/Heal Bell, Thunder Wave, Charm, Calm Mind, Wish, Charge Beam, Stealth Rock, Psych Up, Sing and Counter are nice on Blissey. Really depends on what you like. Softboiled is required no matter what. The others are really up to you. An attacking move is to stop Gengar from ruining you, although Grass Knot/Focus Blast doesn't help with that (it's more for Swampert and Ttar). Without SToss, Raikou (the classic example), or actually any CMer with sub will walk all over you. The rest are a bit obvious I think.

That Dialga is still workable as a CSer or a Bulk Up physical sweeper. It's not that bad.

EDIT: Oh, by the way, you can use the berries no matter what your EVs are. The first one just lowers the EV to 100 and each one after is -10.

ss118

Smash Master
Thank you for the quick replies!

Surprisingly, Blissey has 31 IVs in DEF and 30 in HP, and if I use berries to fix her EVs, she should be good. Unfortunately, I'm gonna have to breed for a better nature, but I can live with the one for the moment, since this IS in-game. I'm gonna focus on defense, EV wise, so she can still take some phisical hits.

Azelf's IVs are horrible, he has 10's and below everywhere! I think he'd do best with the simple max Sp. Atk/Speed mindset for quick sweeping. I'll probably fill out that last hole with either thunderbolt or grass knot.

I may make Dialga a physical sweeper. Can he learn Swords Dance, or only Bulk Up? Either way, I probably should max Attack Evs, put some in speed, and put the rest in HP or possibly SP. Atk(if I decide to do a Mixed Sweeper). Still got to figure out his IVs.

Is there anything else I should do?

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
Oh wow in that case, that Blissey's looking pretty good. Oh, but does that mean no SToss either? =/ That might be a bit problematic.

And Dialga only gets Bulk Up. You can go with Draco Meteors for a mixed sweeper though.

ss118

Smash Master
And here come two questions:

1: Can Blissey even get Seismic Toss in P/D?

2: What is a CSer? I know what a CMer and what most things are, but wth is a CSer?!?

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
1) Nope. You'd have to have tutored it in Emerald =/

2) I guess it can refer to choice scarf too, but I used it in reference to choice specs.

ss118

Smash Master
*sigh* After playing ALL night long:

Blissey @ Leftovers
IV: 30/12/31/19/22/7
Serene Grace >.>
EVs: 252 HP, 252 DEF, 4 SP. DEF
-Softboiled
-Aromatherapy
-Thunder Wave
-Ice Beam(Want to make Seismic toss)

I'm happy about the current results, so I'm going to sleep now........

tshahi10

Smash Ace
dialga should be a special sweeper. don't worry about defense, it was good already, and hp is good too.

speed is a necessity as it lacks it to be a sweeper.
max out special attack and speed(special attack is it's best stat, up to 438)
defenses arent going yo be much of a problem as its only weakness is fighting and itis resistant to a lot of others

ss118

Smash Master
Its weak to both fighting and ground; fire, ice, and dragon strikes for neutrality, and everything else is resisted.

But thanks! Now I know what to do with him, and Azelf is almost done.

peace

homsar

Smash Ace
Personnely my Blissey has the following.

Sing
Toxic
Minimize
Softboiled

I put them to sleep, poision them then just minimize to make her tankishness even more annoying. with softboiled to heal.

Top Bottom