• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

European official stages for tournaments (Melee)

J03

Smash Master
Britain uses this setup

Random

FD
DL 64
PS

counterpicks

Randoms +
Yoshi's
FoD
B.Field
Brinstar
Mute City
Rainbow Ride
PokeFloats
DK 64

Banned

everything else unless your opponent agrees to it

Tero.

Smash Champion
Britain uses this setup

Random

FD
DL 64
PS

counterpicks

Randoms +
Yoshi's
FoD
B.Field
Brinstar
Mute City
Rainbow Ride
PokeFloats
DK 64

Banned

I miss corneria, otherwise i really like this ruleset.
The italian one is really strange oO

Aldwyn McCloud

Smash Ace
aldwyn, here we're talqing about agreeing a rule for stages, not for something else
of course, with few stages, stage banning is off, and DSR should be in all the time
I don't think it will be easy.. but anyway, that's how the Italian ruleset is, I guess you can count that as our personal opinion.. the more similar to ours a ruleset is, the more we like it. I don't get why it looks strange, maybe it's because Dax created it on its own.

Tero.

Smash Champion
Imo heaving Onett as a counterpick stage but banning Mute City, Poke Float, Brinstar or KONGO JUNGLE 64 oO is very unusual ...

Joanna Dark

Smash Ace
yeah aldwyn, but the |*o1nt 1s that we want a ruleset that 1s the same for everyone as long as the tournament 1nvolves fore1gners, mean1ng that each country stays w1th 1ts own rules anyway, and the stage rules change ONLY when a fore1gner comes :)

Aldwyn McCloud

Smash Ace
Imo heaving Onett as a counterpick stage but banning Mute City, Poke Float, Brinstar or KONGO JUNGLE 64 oO is very unusual ...
Dax decided to leave Onett as a counterpick stage because he tought (and I agreed) that among the counterpick stages there should have been at least one stage with no edges. Mute City and Brinstar were banned because acid and cars don't follow a pattern. A poll was opened in order to decide wheter or not Poke Floats and Kongo Jungle should have been banned and people agreed to ban them.

Speaking of the general ruleset for all tournaments, it should be pretty clear by now that Italians like to use many stages.. but let me make it clear again.. Italy is very unactive now, the last tournament has been in January and the top 5 isnt' visiting the boards that much anymore.. so I can't really tell you what most of the community thinks..

I wonder how the decision is going to be made..

Mr P

Smash Ace
Britain uses this setup

Random

FD
DL 64
PS

counterpicks

Randoms +
Yoshi's
FoD
B.Field
Brinstar
Mute City
Rainbow Ride
PokeFloats
DK 64

Banned

This doesn't look correct to me, rainbow ride, pokefloats and brinstar are normally not on atleast i NEVER see them played in tournament.

Vegard

Smash Lord
rofl here in Norway we still play on stages like Onett, Corneria, Princess Peach's Castle(!) and such... uh I can't believe it.

Luma

Smash Lord
well how about this:

we should do our own "backroom", taking a couple of smashers from every country
countries like holland or sweden prolly would have more ppl then for example germany, because they do host more tournaments and they do have a higher level of play

first of all we would need enough people to agree on that, 2nd we need a number of smashers from every country (we might do a little powerranking with it, like this:
top tier:
holland, sweden (4)
high tier:
france, norway (3)
upper tier:
germany, finland, italy (2)
mid tier:
spain, switzerland, austria (1)
low tier:
who cares about low tiers? xD)

those people should be good tournament hosts or should have been to tournaments in other countries, something like that, might be that i missed out some countries dunno ^^

well and then we could start trying to create a ruleset for big tournaments

anyway what do you think, tell me ^^

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
United Kingdom Official Stages

Neutral

* Final Destination
* Dream Land 64
* Pokemon Stadium

Counterpick:

* Final Destination
* Dream Land 64
* Pokemon Stadium
* Corneria
* Rainbow Ride
* Jungle Japes
* Brinstar
* Mute City (banned in teams)
* Poke Floats
* Battlefield
* Kongo Jungle 64 (neutral in teams)
* Fountain of Dreams (banned in teams)
* Yoshi's Story
*Green Greens

bËst^

Smash Journeyman
Finland is missing :p, but that ain't suprise 'cos not even we ourselves have the exact idea about the stages we play... But the latest agreement is following:

Random stages:
Final Destinaton
Pope Stadium
Dream Land 64
Yoshi's Story
Battle Field
Fountain Of Doom (Banned In Doubles)

Counterpicks:
Rainbow Ride (Random in doubles)
Bongo Jungle (random in doubles)
Green Greens
Brinstar
Corneria
Jungle Japes
Pope Floats
Mute City (banned in Doubles)
Mushroom Kingdom 2 (only in doubles)

There is still pretty much disagreements in the air... expecially what comes to Jungle Japes and Mushroom kingdom 2 as Counterpics. Both seems to be a little too unfair stages what comes to tournament gaming but on the other hand... there are also lot of courses those are much more broken than those two.

Onett and Peaches Castle have never been allowed in tournaments in Finland but at the last tournament we had a little conversation about allowing one of those stages but so fer we still havent allowed those two.

well how about this:

countries like holland or sweden prolly would have more ppl then for example germany, because they do host more tournaments and they do have a higher level of play

first of all we would need enough people to agree on that, 2nd we need a number of smashers from every country (we might do a little powerranking with it, like this:
top tier:
holland, sweden (4)
high tier:
france, norway (3)
upper tier:
mid tier:
low tier:

those people should be good tournament hosts or should have been to tournaments in other countries, something like that, might be that i missed out some countries dunno ^^

sounds nice....

Tero.

Smash Champion
well how about this:

top tier:
holland, sweden (4)
high tier:
france, norway (3)
upper tier:
mid tier:
low tier:

Sounds cool, but i dont think that swf admins would agree on another backroom, so we have to do it on our own.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
It would've been nice some years ago, but I think it's a little late. Even the Dutch Melee scene isn't doing well at the moment and there aren't any international events coming up (besides ESA3, if it's going to happen). Having a vote would probably be the only way to settle most things in the end anyway, because of how different the rulesets are.

As for our own Back Room, this is pretty much it. It's true that it's open to everyone, but if some topics required only a so called "elite" to post, moderators like me can delete everything else. I don't really think that's necessary though. I like to hear everyone's opinion on things, even if it's clear that some opinions are simply less valuable. Don't hesitate to create a topic if you feel something needs to be discussed.

Luma

Smash Lord
well but its much easier if you have less people to argue with, thats why you need spokesmen for the countries
but ofc they should try to give the opinion from his whole country, thats why every country could have their own talk about it in their boards or where ever and then bring it here

well if swf would not make us a euro-backroom (never thought they would but we could give it a try though) we could just make a topic and only count the posts of those involved, if that doesnt -> private board xD

dunno just my 2 cents

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I am from the UK and I am currently in my science class typing this message and my teacher is currently saying 'so, ohhh right, what i will do is collecting in your diagnostic test; and then I couldnt keep up with what he was saying after that. I felt like giving people a piece of me :)

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
Go away, professor nubcake! >=(

A european back room is an interesting thought, but I'd even advocate something as controversial as a european message board :O

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Utto has just registered a domain for a Dutch smash site. We'll have to work on it and it doesn't look like we'll have many people at out disposal, but we can see if it's possible to break free from Smashboards. =p

Tero.

Smash Champion
Utto has just registered a domain for a Dutch smash site. We'll have to work on it and it doesn't look like we'll have many people at out disposal, but we can see if it's possible to break free from Smashboards. =p
You're to slow :p

good thing germany always had their own boards ... ^^

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
It's supposed to be more than a forum. Actually, we won't even have one right away. It's mostly so new smashers can find us more easily, we're pretty much hidden on Smashboards.

Top Bottom