• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Euro Release date, **** sake

DevMBC

Smash Ace
Europeans Screwed on SSB Brawl Release Date
No Brawl in sight between now and June.
By Mark Whiting, 12/06/2007
We know, we know.

Nintendo's ongoing info drip over at the Smash Bros. Dojo has probably been the most prolonged and excruciating example of foreplay in the gaming world. For months now, details on Smash Bros. Brawl have been oozing out glacially onto the Internet with the ultimate result of getting everybody whipped up into a proverbial frenzy of anticipation.

With the release date of SSB at least marginally imminent -- February 10 in North America -- everybody's chomping at the bit to play. Sadly, our European friends just had a particularly odious bomb dropped on their heads: Brawl isn't coming until, well, we don't know for sure, but it's not until the second half of 2008 at least. Enjoy?

Cementing the unpleasant news is Nintendo's 2008 European territory release list (posted in entirety at Kotaku), which details the dates for many fine games, but no Brawl.

Videogamer.com contacted Nintendo about this oversight, and received the following reply from Nintendo: "If the game is not listed on the schedule up until the end of Q2 it is currently not due out until after that time."

If the schedule is correct, it means the earliest Europeans could be Smashing one other would be some time after next June. Additionally, one would also expect the PAL delay to extend to Pacific territories like Australia, too.

edit: nicked from 1up.com | http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3164779
dunno if this is common news already but it's first I've seen >_> dammit

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
First ive seen it

jdbnkjgbkjbg fgh hgfn fdjk gbdk

^angry outburst

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've got Hey You Pikachu! (and the mic too! it's friggin sweet!)

Anyway, apparently Nintendo left out some titles that whose release dates had yet to be decided, or something. Maybe they'll give us an explanation on Brawl next week =)

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
Actually, I'm pretty happy with the 6 month wait we had for Melee, cause our game was a lot better than the US version :D

greeneggsnsam

Smash Apprentice
Actually, I'm pretty happy with the 6 month wait we had for Melee, cause our game was a lot better than the US version :D
A lot better? I didn't think there were that many changes, were there? Off the top of my head i can only really think of the YO-YO glitch being removed.

Jeffz0r

Smash Champion
LOL. Than you don't know the NTSC version good enough ;)
And I think the yo-yo glitch is also in PAL though, but I'm not sure about that.

To name just a couple of things that have changed that I can think of from the top of my head:
Samus' extended grapple beam removed.
Marth's spike became a meteor, so can now be cancelled.
Falco's spike no longer spikes on all frames.
Fox's upsmash weaker.
Sheik's uair en fair weaker.
Link's upB doesn't spike (or meteor?) anymore.
Marth falls down from Fox's shine.

If you want to see the whole list, check the smashwiki:
http://www.smashwiki.com/wiki/Version_differences_(SSBM)

greeneggsnsam

Smash Apprentice
I didn't think it was THAT different! I haven't really researched the differences, i just assumed the game was more polished for PAL in a few ways, from reading passing comments about small differences. To be honest, i think it still goes:

release date > more polish

because who are we kidding? We want the game now!

TelpeFion

Smash Lord
Yeah, but still, PAL SSBM >>> NTSC SSBM. And yeah, YYG is still in PAL. Main differences are Sheik being nerfed, Fox killing later, Ken combo becoming gel combo.

greeneggsnsam

Smash Apprentice
Ah, looking at the Wiki i was thinking of the Ice Climbers glitch (I was trying to do it for ages until i realised it wasn't in the PAL version) not the YoYo glitch (which i have seen being done). Does anyone else find it annoying that the NTSC version is the one always being talked about? There should be some sort of rule that you have to say which version you're talking about and whether it is different in other versions.

Piisuke

Smash Ace
Nintendo needs to take example of Konami. Give bonuses to the region that got effed up.
I really hate developers that delay games for no reason. **** you Nintendo.
At least Konami gives several bonuses to Europeans whenever a game gets delayed.

greeneggsnsam

Smash Apprentice
The annoying thing about the changes is that most of the community is from NTSC regions- meaning all of these techniques people find don't apply to us, and even the tiers to some extent (at least we have our own tier list- but tires don exits anyway, so that doesn't matter).

Wiggum

Smash Journeyman
I always wondered why I couldn't do the Ken combo.
You can do it...it just sotra' gets....meteor cancelled. Infact one time i did a ken combo on my friend when he was Mewtwo and he up B'd the second the dair connected, really ruins the effect.... :( still looks pretty tho' :laugh:

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
You can do it...it just sotra' gets....meteor cancelled. Infact one time i did a ken combo on my friend when he was Mewtwo and he up B'd the second the dair connected, really ruins the effect.... :( still looks pretty tho' :laugh:
Ummm, he knows it can be meteor cancelled he was joking.

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
I agree with the above post

Top Bottom