• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Etrian Odyssey (all games and any future games)

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
http://sq-atlus.jp/ssq2/
The website, not much on it yet. It looks like it's still teasing something on the two pages you can change to, they look the same but have different titles.
Looks like the full site will open on the 11th.

More importantly, one of the characters in story mode is the Princess class from EOIII, much like how EOU had a Gunner from EOII.
The Prince/Princess class was fun in EOIII, so I'm glad to see it here.

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
I'm so excited to see this happening! I started the series at 3 myself, so I'm very interested in getting this remake. Princess was my favorite class in that game. I wonder what the main character's class will be, and what he can do beyond the transformation thing.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
The class choices in story mode are pretty interesting this time. We have:

The Protagonist: we don't know anything about the class other than it can transform.
Arianna: Princess, a support class from EOIII. Much like the Troubadour, it could buff attack and defense and grant an element to physical attacks. It has passive healing and can remove buffs from enemies.
Flavio: Survivalist, not a good class in EOII.
Bertrand: Protector, the only returning class from EOU's story mode.
Chloe: War Magus, healing and buffs. It also has some physical attacks that have an added effect when they hit an enemy with an certain status ailment.

Obviously we don't know what the protagonist can do, that and skillsets will certainly be different from any previous game. Still, this is an odd party based on what we do know. No known class has been able to revive a fallen ally during a battle, that and we have two classes that heal and buff. I wouldn't be surprised if one class gains Revive. Also, the War Magus can't take advantage of some of her skills, perhaps this means the protagonist could use status ailments?
Survivalists have ailment attacks in EOII, haha.

This party looks more interesting that what EOU's story mode gave us. I'm looking forward to what they do with all the classes, but I wouldn't mind giving this party a try.

I think I'm more excited for this game than I thought I would be. EOII was good, but it needed some things fixed, and hopefully this also fixes some of the things I didn't like about EOU. And there's the re-orchestrated soundtrack to look forward to.
We probably will not see it in NA until 2015 though, good thing Persona Q is out in November.

Last edited:

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
The protagonist has the power of the wild card, the hidden strength defined by friendship and social links.

Obviously.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Ah, how could I have been so blind. The blue flames that appear when he summons his Persona clearly indicate that he has already visited the Velvet Room.

I'm so stupid, of course he's going to fill in any missing piece of the party, thanks to the power of the wild card.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
For those who are interested in getting renders and pictures of the characters that have been shown so far and haven't gotten any yet, here you go;

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I've finished EOII's postgame bosses. This was such an easy game.

I ran through the main game with a Ronin, Protector, War Magus, Gunner, and a Hexer. I used a Survivalist with Stalker to go through the sixth stratum and only needed to fight some FOEs every now and then. For the bosses I got a Dark Hunter and another Hexer.

The Dragons went down in 3 to 4 turns, the true final boss took 6 to 7, it would have been quicker if I had another Hexer instead of my Ronin. The Gunner and Dark Hunter's Force skills made it so they couldn't do anything for much of that time. The true final boss was no longer all bound for the last two turns, it wiped out my back row, then spent the next turn healing 210 damage allowing me to easily use a Nectall, haha.

Anyways, EOUII will have eight save slots. Finally, more save slots!
http://www.siliconera.com/2014/08/14/etrian-odyssey-untold-ii-knight-fafnir-double-dubbing/

The website has also updated and there's some links to some samples of the new music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmmnvrVMC5Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlpVp-2fP6k

And here's some images showing the return of floor jump and Grimoires, the latter is getting some noticeable changes.
http://www.4gamer.net/games/268/G026897/20140814023/

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Bumping my thread, again. We now know EOU2 is getting released this coming winter in Japan. But still no word on any other release dates. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long.

On the other side. I am once again attempting to play through EO3 for the umpteenth and am bound and determined to finally complete the story for the first time. This time I am attempting a party of;

Monk Princess Hoplite
Arbalist Arbalist

The Monk is going to be a healer and damage dealer as a Monk/Zodiac, the Princess will be full on support as a Princess/Shogun, the Hoplite is obvious the protector of the group and will either be a Hoplite/Princess or a Hoplite/Ninja, and the Arbalists are the main damage dealers with going to focus on elemental damage as a Arbalist/Zodiac and the other will focus on Front Motar as a Arbalist/Gladiator (will eventually be moved to the front so as Front Motar is at it's most powerful). I am just going to need a heck of a lot of Amiritas for this set-up due to lack of Ninja/Zodiac which I don;t know how to make room for other then changing up my party a lot and I would rather not do class changing for the 100th first playthrough. :L

mimgrim

Smash Hero
So bumping my thread again.

Current progress of my EO3 playthrough. I'm father then I was ever able to get in the game before. Still in the 3rd Stratum but more then halfway through it so far I think. I don't know why but every time I got to this Stratum in every other playthrough I attempted I always stopped when I got to the B10F of the Labyrinth. Though my party is slightly different from what I said it was going to be above. I decided to go with a Zodiac and Arbalist instead of 2 Arbalists. So far I have defeated every boss on the first try, then again I already knew what to do against Narmer and how Ketos work though this playthrough was the first time I fought the Deep Ones which almost got me a few times and no way in hell am I going to fight the Ant Queen yet. Actually I'm going to hold off on optional bosses for when I go for the true ending, currently I just care about getting the 2 classes, which I should be close to getting the Shogun class.

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
I see the article, but where are you getting the DLC info from? As that article says nothing about DLC.
Folks in the comments section are claiming that. The famitsu article on it (where silicon got the info) is here, but since I can't read japanese and google translate is being google translate, I can't confirm 100%. Though, google is giving me "2 weeks free delivery from the Release Date of the game. Paid delivered later" when talking about the highlander class. That's in the paragraph below the first image (should be, translate might do weird stuff to the page).

Last edited:

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
I want to get into Etrian Odyssey. Heard great stuff about it. Should I start with EO Untold: The Millenium Girl?

Hong

The Strongest
I want to get into Etrian Odyssey. Heard great stuff about it. Should I start with EO Untold: The Millenium Girl?
Start with EOIV IMO. Best in the series, and I think it's only $25 on the eShop. Great music, great class design, and some semblance of engaging story.

Last edited:

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I agree with starting at EOIV, it's without a doubt the best entry point. EO Untold takes some steps back with class skillsets and dungeon designs imo.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Yea. EO4 is the best entry point for the series at the current moment. It has the most intuitive classes with the best balance between classes. It's actually hard to make a party with bad synergy in the game.

Hong

The Strongest
Both EOIV and EOU are on sale on the North American eShop until November 3rd. $15 for either. Now is a great time to hop on in.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
EOV announced the day before Persona Q is out in NA.

I'm looking forward to hearing more, but at least the wait will not be bad once I get PQ.

http://sq-atlus.jp/sq5/images/bg.jpg
I really like the new artwork. It'll make a great wallpaper one day, but my Majora's Mask wallpaper stays for now.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Double post but more info on EO Mystery dungeon;

We know there will be at least 10 classes, probably all of them, with 3 being unlockable. The know classes are Protector (EO 1/2), Landsknecht (EO 4), Dancer (EO 4), Gunner (EO 2), Hexer (EO 1/2), Runemaster (EO 4), Medic (EO 1/2), Princess (EO 3), and Ninja (EO 3). Official site also has some new videos up.

Also for anyone who hasn't been keeping up with EO2U here are the updated skills for classes;

Force Skills

Fafnir
Transform: increase HP and all attack power
Ignite Ray: a long-range fire + ice + volt composite attack

Princess
Oath Towards Victory: Orders become party-wide and only cost half the TP
Nobility Proof: Restores the party's HP/TP

Survivalist
Phantasm Traces: greatly increase own evasion and chase attacks done by bows (?)
Fleeting Rain: 16 random long-range pierce attacks at all enemies

Protector
Great Shield's Protection: increase damage reduction of Guard skills
Perfect Defense: negate all incoming attacks during this turn

War Magus
War Edge Power: War Edge skills' secondary effects activate even if the target is not under a status ailment
Spirit Garment: restore all allies' HP, binds, and ailments, and prevent all "bad" effects until turn's end

Alchemist
Analysis: Alchemists skills hit harder when hitting a weakness
Eschaton: Untyped damage to all enemies

Landsknecht
Full Charge: All attacks by sword&axe become critical for 3 turns
Full Gain (All Out): A powerful melee cut attack to a single enemy

Dark Hunter
Trance: Raise damage inflicted to enemies under binds & ailments for 3 turns
Rose Prison: A melee attack to a single enemy. Head+arm+leg bind and poison effect triggers at a high probability

Medic
Intensive Care (Steady Hands): For 3 turns, raise one's own healing skill effects and action speed, and halve TP consumption
Super Medicine (Healing Touch): Restore all allies' HP, incapacity, binds, ailments, and debuffs

Troubadour
Prolonged Battle Song: For 3 turns, ally buff turn counts will not decrease and cannot be canceled by the enemy
Final Battle Song (Crusade): Until turn's end, increase damage inflicted by allies and decrease damage directed at allies

Ronin
Fudou: For 3 turns, maintain stance, and reduce TP consumption of katana skills of the current stance
Issen: A ranged cut attack at all enemies. Instantly kill at a high probability

Hexer
Curse Erosion: For 3 turns, greatly increase the success rate of binds and ailments, and enemy debuff turn counts stop decreasing
Black Mist Curse: Extend turn duration of binds and ailments on the enemy

Gunner
Act Boost: For 3 turns, attack skills by guns activate twice. The power of the second hit slightly decreases from the first.
Supreme Magic Bullet (Riot Gun): A powerful long-range stab attack to a single enemy. Stun at a high probability

Beast
Sacrifice: For 3 turns, triple own HP
Ultimate Endurance: Until turn's end, cover and withstand attacks of all damage, and a bash attack to all enemies at turn's end

Highlander
Heroic Battle: For 3 turns, increase power of spear skills, and restore HP of allies by a certain portion of the damage
Gae Bolg: By Consuming all allies' and own HP, a powerful ranged stab attack to all enemies

Regular skills

Fafnir
Katana-Sword Mastery - Required to learn katana-sword skills. Increases physical attack power when a katana or sword is equipped.
Sonic Raid - Does melee cut damage to 1 enemy. Fastest activation.
Gale Rush - Does 2-3 melee cut attacks to 1 row of enemies.
Flame Saber - Does melee cut and fire damage to 1 enemy.
Fire Wave - Does 10 random fire attacks to all enemies. Shares the same level as flame saber.
Freeze Saber - Does melee cut and ice damage to 1 enemy.
Ice Wave - Does 10 random ice attacks to all enemies. Shares the same level as freeze saber.
Shock Saber - Does melee cut and thunder damage to 1 enemy.
Thunder Wave - Does 10 random thunder attacks to all enemies. Shares the same level as shock saber.
Delay Chase - On the next turn, attacks which the match the element of your attack will be chased with a cut attack with the same element.
Blade Recall - Does melee cut damage to 1 enemy. If an elemental attack is done before this activates, does chase damage of that element.
Overkiller - Does melee cut damage to 1 enemy. If you defeat the enemy with this attack, it also damages all enemies.
Full Slash - Does melee cut damage to 1 enemy. It has a slow activation. The higher percentage of HP the target has, the more damage it deals.
Resonance Sword - Does melee cut damage to 1 enemy. Damage increases as the number of turns increases until you use it.
Force Mastery - Increases the amount that the force gauge increases by.
Vital Shut - Decreases the physical defense of 1 enemy for 3 turns. Has a chance to arm bind.
Mind Shut - Decreases the elemental defense of 1 enemy for 3 turns. Has a chance to head bind.
Absorb - Dispels binds on the user and increases the force skill. (Maybe it means gauge?)
Force Charge - Until the end of the next turn, increases damage done and the amount the force gauge increases.
Force Shield - Increases the duration of the force boost by 1 turn. All damage is reduced for this turn.
Force Energy - During a force boost, TP is recovered at the end of the turn.
Force Reset - Dispels a force boost and stops the consumption of the force gauge.
Surpassing the Limit - During a battle, it is possible to increase the force gauge beyond 100%.
Physical Attack Boost
Elemental Attack Boost
Weapon Free - Can ignore equipment restrictions and use skills at a percentage of the damage.
HP Boost
TP Boost

Protector
Shield Mastery - Required to learn shield skills. Chance to nullify physical attacks when a shield is equipped.
Front Guard - Reduces the physical damage taken by the front row for this turn.
Back Guard - Reduces the physical damage taken by the back row for this turn.
Keep Guard - Reduces the physical damage taken by 1 ally until the end of the next turn.
Fire Guard - Reduces the fire damage taken once for all allies for this turn.
Freeze Guard - Reduces the ice damage taken once for all allies for this turn.
Shock Guard - Reduces the thunder damage taken once for all allies for this turn.
Heal Guard - Heals the HP of 1 ally, and until the end of the turn, reduces the physical damage taken by that ally.
Shield Smite - Does melee bash damage to 1 enemy with a chance to bind arms.
Shield Rush - Does melee bash damage to all enemies and reduces their physical attack power for 3 turns.
Sentinel Guard - For this turn, all allies have the same defense as the user, and all damage is reduced.
Physical Defense Boost - Increases physical defense.
Provoke - For 3 turns, you are more likely to be targeted by enemies.
Preemptive Provoke - Chance to use provoke at the beginning of a battle.
All Out Defense - For 3 turns, physical defense is increased. (The wiki says physical attack, but I'm guessing that's a typo)
Parrying - Chance to nullify physical attacks made against the user and allies in the same row.
Elemental Defense Boost - Increases elemental defense.
Line Cure - Heals the HP of 1 line of allies.
Line Heal - Heals a large amount of HP of 1 line of allies.
Prepared for Death - When taking fatal damage, chance to survive with 1 HP.
Armor of Holy Protection - Chance to nullify binds, status effects and debuffs against the user for 3 turns.
HP Boost - Increases max HP.
Reckless Escape - Consumes the HP of all allies, and escapes from battle. You move to the last used stairs or submagnetic pole.
TP Boost - Increases max TP.
Mine

War Magus
Mysticism Mastery - Required to learn mysticism skills. Increases the effect of mysticism skills.
Mysticism: Rebirth - At the beginning of the turn, heal the HP of 1 ally. At the end of the turn, heal once again.
Mysticism: Rebirth Squad - At the beginning of the turn, heal the HP of 1 row of allies. At the end of the turn, heal once again. (I think this is a typo on the wiki?)
Mysticism: Rebirth Army - At the beginning of the turn, heal the HP of all allies. At the end of the turn, heal once again.
Mysticism: Demon Strength Transformation - For 3 turns, increases the physical and elemental attack of 1 ally.
Mysticism: Tough Skin Transformation - For 3 turn, increases the physical and elemental defense of 2 allies. (Might be a typo and it means 1?)
Mysticism: Continuous Motion - For 3 turns, when everyone acts, HP are healed once.
Mysticism: Togetherness - For 3 turns, when the targeted enemy acts, all allies are healed.
Mysticism: Disorder God - Chance to cause poison, paralyze, blind, sleep, curse or terror to 1 enemy.
Mysticism: Transition - Transfer the binds and status effects afflicted on 1 ally to 1 enemy.
Mysticism: Barrier - For this turn, chance to nullify binds, status effects and debuffs made against allies.
Mysticism: Soul Return - At the beginning of the turn, revives 1 ally. At the end of the turn, chance to revive again.
Mystic Sword Mastery - Can now use sword skills with staffs. When equipped with a sword, max TP is increased. When equipped with a staff, attack power is increased.
Mystic Sword: Spirit Attack Decay Slash - Deals melee cut damage to 1 enemy. If the target has a status effect, also decreases physical and elemental attack for 7 turns.
Mystic Sword: Spirit Defense Decay Slash - Deals melee cut damage to 1 enemy. If the target has a status effect, also decreases physical and elemental defense for 7 turns.
Mystic Sword: Spirit Bind Head Slash - Deals melee cut damage to 1 enemy. If the target has a status effect, also has a chance to cause head bind.
Mystic Sword: Spirit Bind Arm Slash - Deals melee cut damage to 1 enemy. If the target has a status effect, also has a chance to cause arm bind.
Mystic Sword: Spirit Bind Leg Slash - Deals melee cut damage to 1 enemy. If the target has a status effect, also has a chance to cause leg bind.
Mystic Sword: Spirit Attack Great Slash - Deals melee cut damage to 1 enemy. If the target has a status effect, damage dealt is increased.
Drain Life - When dealing damage to an enemy with a status effect, allies in the same row have their HP healed.
HP Boost
TP Boost
Physical Attack Boost
Suppression Defense Boost
Chop

Survivalist
Bow Mastery - (Required to learn bow skills) Increases physical damage done when a bow is equipped.
Flank Shot - Does ranged stab damage to 1 row of enemies. (Requires a bow)
Blind Arrow - Does ranged stab damage to 1 enemy with a chance to blind. (Requires a bow)
Sleep Arrow - Does ranged stab damage to 1 enemy with a chance to sleep. (Requires a bow)
Paralyze Arrow - Does ranged stab damage to 1 enemy with a chance to paralyze. (Requires a bow)
Drop Shot - Does ranged stab damage to 1 enemy. Does increased damage to enemies in the back row. (Requires a bow)
Sagitarius' Arrow - After 2 turns, at the beginning of the turn, does ranged stab damage to 1 enemy with a chance to stun. (Requires a bow)
Double Shot - Does 2 quick ranged stab attacks to 1 enemy. (Requires a bow)
Aiming Foot - Chance to leg bind when doing damage to an enemy with a bow skill.
Speed Boost - Increases accuracy, evasion and action speed.
Trick Step - Decreases the accuracy of 1 enemy for 3 turns.
Chain Dance - For this turn, you are more likely to be targeted by enemies, and your evasion rate increases.
Misty Arrow - Does a sure hit ranged attack to 1 enemy. Useable on the turn after you dodge an attack. (Requires a bow)
Scapegoat - For this turn, the targeted ally will take reduced damage, and will protect all allies.
Others' Step - Chance to make the targeted ally act at the beginning of the turn.
Sense of Danger - Chance to nullify enemies' surprise attack.
All Eye - For a certain number of steps, nearby treasure chests, shortcuts, stairs, FOEs and gathering points are shown on the map.
Ambush - For a certain number of steps, when encountering an enemy, your preemptive rate increases.
Vigilant Walk - For a certain number of steps, the encounter rate decreases.
Basic Treatment - While exploring, heals the HP of 1 ally. (Unusable during battle) As level increases, it becomes possible to revive dead allies.
Efficient - For 3 turns, increases the scope and amount healed of HP recovery items.
Suppression Attack Boost - Increases the bind and status effect affliction rate.
Natural Perception - Can obtain additional materials from take, chop and mine points.

Princess
Order Mastery - Required to learn order skills. Heals the target's HP when using an order.
Attack Order - Increases the physical and elemental attack of 1 row of allies for 3 turns
Guard Order - Increases the physical and elemental defense of 1 row of allies for 3 turns.
Tenacity Order - Grants a chance to protect against fatal damage and heal HP for 1 row of allies for 3 turns.
Holy Crown - Increases the amount of HP healed by 1 ally for 3 turns.
Protect order - Heals 1 row of allies' HP at the end of the turn for 3 turns.
Reset Weapon - Dispels all buffs and debuffs from 1 enemy, and deals non-elemental damage to the target.
Exchange - Dispels 1 buff and 1 debuff from 1 ally, and heals their HP and increases their force.
White Noble - Dispels 1 buff and 1 debuff from all allies, and heals their HP and increases their force.
Clearance - Dispels all buffs and debuffs from all enemies and allies, and restores the caster's TP.
Prevent Order - For 3 turns, nullifies 1 status effect made against 1 row of allies.
Raise Morale - As long as the prince is alive, allies with buffs will have their force meter increase faster.
Link Order - For this turn, when the targeted enemy is hit by an elemental attack, the user chases with the same element.
Link Order II - For this turn, when the targeted enemy is hit by an elemental attack, all enemies are chased with the same elemental damage.
Fire Circle - For this turn, fire damage taken by allies is reduce, and fire damage done to enemies is increased.
Freeze Circle - For this turn, ice damage taken by allies is reduce, and ice damage done to enemies is increased.
Shock Circle - For this turn, thunder damage taken by allies is reduce, and thunder damage done to enemies is increased.
Cheering - Restores the TP of allies in the same row. Only usable when allies have had their buffs/debuffs dispelled the previous turn.
Royal Veil - At the end of the turn, if the prince is at max HP, heals all allies.
King's Victorious Parade - When you win a battle, heals the HP of all allies.
King's March - When exploring, all allies' HP are healed with each step.
Suppression Defense Boost - Increases resistance to binds and status effects.
Take - Increases the amount of materials obtainable from a take point.

Landsknecht
Sword Mastery - Required to learn sword skills. Increases physical damage done when a sword is equipped.
Raging Edge - Does melee cut damage to 1 enemy.
Tornado - Does splashing melee cut damage.
Power Slap - Does low accuracy melee cut damage to 1 enemy. If the attack misses, all enemies are blinded.
Falcon Rush - Slashes multiple enemies, doing melee cut damage.
Hurricane - Does 6 random melee cut attacks. On the following turn, you will not be able to use skills.
Axe Mastery - Required to learn axe skills. Increases physical damage done when an axe is equipped.
Boomerang Axe - Does ranged bash damage to 1 enemy.
Head Bash - Does melee bash damage to 1 enemy with a chance to head bind.
Stun Smash - Does melee bash damage to 1 enemy with a chance to stun.
Power Gain - Does melee bash damage to 1 enemy. (Action speed is slow)
Heavy Shock - Does melee bash damage to 1 enemy. Each time you use it, damage and TP cost increases.
War Cry - For 3 turns, the user and his row has their physical and elemental attack increased, and their physical and elemental defense decreased.
Tri Charge - Until the end of the next turn, increases the damage done, accuracy, and bind and status effect affliction rate.
Chase Fire - For this turn, you will chase after enemies who take fire attacks from allies.
Chase Ice - For this turn, you will chase after enemies who take ice attacks from allies.
Chase Shock - For this turn, you will chase after enemies who take thunder attacks from allies.
Physical Attack Boost - Increases physical attack.
Fencer - Increases the critical rate and critical damage of normal attacks.
Double Attack - Chance to do 2 normal attacks.
Sword Break - Attack 1 enemy with type depending on your equipped weapon, and lowers their physical attack power until the end of the turn.
Mine

Ronin
Katana Mastery - Required to learn katana skills. Increases physical damage done when a katana is equipped.
Overhead Stance - Increases the # of turns of the overhead stance effect and increases physical attack power while in overhead stance.
Reverse Shoulder Slash - Does melee cut damage to 1 enemy, and the bushidou takes on overhead stance for 2 turns.
Long Slash - Requires overhead stance. Does melee cut damage to 1 enemy.
Grating Flame - Requires overhead stance. Does melee cut and fire damage to 1 row.
Swallow Reversal - Requires overhead stance. Does multiple melee cut attacks to 1 enemy.
Seigan Stance - Increases the # of turns of the seigan stance effect and increases physical defense while in seigan stance.
Piercing Thrust - Does melee stab damage to 1 enemy, and the bushidou takes on seigan stance for 2 turns.
Gauntlet Strike - Requires seigan stance. Does melee stab damage to 1 enemy with a chance to arm bind.
Lightning Thrust - Requires seigan stance. Does piercing melee stab and thunder damage.
Moonlight - Requires seigan stance. Does melee stab damage to 1 enemy. Has a high action speed bonus.
Iai Stance - Increases the # of turns of the iai stance effect and increases physical defense while in iai stance.
Scabbard Strike - Does melee bash damage to 1 enemy, and the bushidou take on iai stance for 2 turns.
Neck Shot - Requires iai stance. Does melee cut damage to 1 enemy with a chance to instantly kill.
Ice and Snow Drawing Sword - Requires iai stance. Does ranged cut and ice damage to all enemies.
Earth Running Attack - Requires iai stance. Does ranged bash damage to 1 enemy.
Peerless Stance - Requires overhead/seigan/iai stance. For 3 turns, gain the effect of all stances.
Peerless Continuous Attacks - Requires peerless stance. Does 3 continuous attacks against 1 enemy consisting of earth running attack, swallow reversal and moonlight.
Defense and Offense - Until the end of the next turn, evasion rate and damage done is increased.
Om's Tail Attack - Requires any stance. For this turn, you will make a chase attack against any enemy who is hit by an ally's normal attack.
Physical Attack Boost - Increases physical attack power.
Preempt - Increases accuracy and damage of attacks done to enemies who have not acted yet.
Mine

Dark Hunter
Whip Mastery - Required to learn whip skills. Increases physical damage done when a whip is equipped.
Head Bondage - Does melee cut damage to 1 enemy with chance to bind head.
Arm Bondage - Does melee cut damage to 1 enemy with chance to bind arm.
Leg Bondage - Does melee cut damage to 1 enemy with chance to bind leg.
Ecstasy - Does melee cut damage to 1 enemy. Damage increases as the # of binds on the target increases.
Anaconda - Does melee cut damage to 1 enemy with chance to poison.
Blood rouge - Does melee cut damage to 1 enemy. If the target is bound, there is a chance to cause the same binds to the enemies on the target's left and right.
Sword Mastery - Required to learn sword skills. Increases physical damage done when a sword is equipped.
Hypno Bite - Does melee cut damage to 1 enemy with a chance to cause sleep.
Shock Bite - Does melee cut damage to 1 enemy with a chance to cause paralyze.
Mirage Bite - Does melee cut damage to 1 enemy with a chance to cause confusion.
Soul Liberate - Does melee cut damage to 1 enemy. Dispels the target's status effects and increases damage.
Drain Bite - Does melee cut damage to 1 enemy. Heals allies in the same row based on a percentage of damage done.
Scorpion - Does splashing melee cut damage. If the enemies to the left and right of the target have status effects, the target is petrified.
HP Boost
Temptation - Until the end of the turn, there is a chance that 1 enemy will be unable to act, and will take additional damage.
TP Boost
Heart Bind - Decreases the evasion rate of 1 enemy for 3 turns.
Physical Attack Boost
Trapping - Sets a trap for the dark hunter and the allies next to him, countering an enemy who does a physical attack with a melee cut attack.
Trapping II - Sets a trap for the dark hunter and the allies next to him, countering an enemy who does an elemental attack with a melee cut attack.
Suppression Attack Boost
Snake Eye - Decreases the physical defense of 1 enemy for 3 turns. This effect increases while the target is bound or has a status effect.
Getting Back Up - When you completely fail to land a bind, status effect, stun or instant death, your affliction rate increases for the next turn.
Chop

Beast
Loyalty Mastery - Required to learn protection skills. Chance to halve damage received.
Wound Lick (Saliva) - Heals the HP and binds of 1 ally.
Auto Wound Lick - Chance to lick own wounds when receiving damage or being bound. Does not activate without learning Wound Lick.
Cover - This turn, reduces damage received and covers 1 ally.
Substitute - This turn, reduces damage received and covers all allies a certain number of times. The number of times increases with level.
Subsitution Vow - For 3 turns, reduces damage received and covers allies below 50% HP. The success rate decreases each time.
Self-Preservation (Bristle) - For 3 turns, in exchange for lowered physical and elemental attack, increases physical and elemental defense.
Beast Roar - For 3 turns, lowers the physical attack of all enemies. The duration increases with level.
Preemptive Beast Roar - A chance to use Beast Roar at the start of a battle. Does not activate without learning Beast Roar. Does not activate if another party member's activates.
Claw Mastery - Required to learn claw skills. Increases physical attack when equipped with a claw.
Tiger Bite - Does melee bash damage to 1 enemy. Restores HP by a portion of the damage dealt.
Wolf Fang, Fervent Claw - Does 3 hits of melee cut damage to 1 enemy. Power increases with higher remaining HP.
Meteor Drop - Does melee bash damage to 1 row of enemies. Receives damage as well from the recoil.
Wild Blow - Does melee bash damage to 1 enemy. Power increases with lower remaining HP.
Beast Dance (Wild Claw) - Does melee cut damage to all enemies. Slow activation.
Savage Rush - Does 3-6 hits of melee bash damage to all enemies. Low accuracy.
Berserk - Regardless of foe or enemy, does 5 random hits of melee cut damage.
Endure - This turn, reduces received damage. At the end of the turn, does melee cut damage to all enemies. Power increases with the number of attacks received from the enemy.
Resolve - When taking fatal damage, chance to survive with 1 HP.
Full charge - Until the end of the next turn, increases damage dealt and reduces damage received.
Intuition of the Wild (Fetch) - Enables finding additional materials when taking, chopping, or mining.

Gunner
Gun Mastery - Required to learn gun skills. Increases physical damage when a gun is equipped.
Drug Bullet - Heals the HP and status effect of 1 ally.
Flame Shot - Does ranged fire and stab damage to 1 enemy.
Charge Flame - Does piercing ranged fire and stab damage. Defense is lowered until used.
Ice Shot - Does ranged ice and stab damage to 1 enemy.
Charge Ice - Does piercing ranged ice and stab damage. Defense is lowered until used.
Thunder Shot - Does ranged thunder and stab damage to 1 enemy.
Charge Thunder - Does piercing ranged thunder and stab damage. Defense is lowered until used.
Burst Shot - Does piercing ranged stab/fire/ice/thunder damage. Defense is lowered until used.
Head Snipe - Does high accuracy stab damage to 1 enemy with a chance to bind head.
Arm Snipe - Does high accuracy stab damage to 1 enemy with a chance to bind arm.
Leg Snipe - Does high accuracy stab damage to 1 enemy with a chance to bind leg.
Charge Shot - Does piercing ranged stab damage. Defense is lowered until used.
Ricochet - Does 2-3 random ranged stab attacks.
Rear Support - When you use defend in the back row, allies in the front row are healed.
Rear Disturbance - For this turn, enemies in the back row have their attack, defense, accuracy and evasion lowered, and a chance to stun. (The wiki says front and back, but that's probably a typo?)
Preemptive Disturbance - Chance to use rear disturbance at the beginning of a battle.
Penetrator - All single target, single shot attacks now become piercing attacks, and the piercing damage of piercing attacks is increased.
Point Blank Shot - Until the end of the next turn, ranged attacks become melee. In exchange, damage and accuracy increase.
Quick Out - Until the end of the next turn, TP consumption is reduced and action speed is increased when using skills.
Double Action - When using an attack skill, you have a chance to use the skill again.
Take

Alchemist
Formula Mastery - Required to learn formula skills. Increases the damage of formula skills.
Fire Formula - Does ranged fire damage to 1 enemy.
Flame Formula - Does splashing ranged fire damage.
Ice Formula - Does ranged ice damage to 1 enemy.
Freeze Formula - Does piercing ranged ice damage.
Thunder Formula - Does ranged thunder damage to 1 enemy.
Lightning Formula - Does ranged thunder damage to 1 row of enemies.
Rampage Formula - Does 5 random ranged attacks of either fire, ice or thunder.
Great Explosion Formula - Does ranged fire damage to all enemies.
Great Ice Storm Formula - Does ranged ice damage to all enemies.
Great Thunderstorm Formula - Does ranged thunder damage to all enemies.
Alchemic Compression - For 3 turns, all of your elemental attacks will become single target, and in exchange, their damage increases.
Nuclear Formula - Does non-elemental damage to 1 enemy.
Palm Technique Mastery - Required to learn palm technique skills. increases the damage of palm technique skills.
Fire Shot Palm Technique - Only useable from the front row. Deals melee fire damage to 1 enemy. Until the end of the next turn, your attacks are changed to fire element.
Ice Shot Palm Technique - Only useable from the front row. Deals melee ice damage to 1 enemy. Until the end of the next turn, your attacks are changed to ice element.
Thunder Shot Palm Technique - Only useable from the front row. Deals melee thunder damage to 1 enemy. Until the end of the next turn, your attacks are changed to thunder element.
Splash Palm Technique - When hitting an enemy's weakness with a palm technique skill, there is a chance to also do damage to the enemies to its left and right.
Extra Shot Palm Technique - At the end of the turn, targets of palm technique skills are attacked again with the same element.
TP Boost
Clairvoyance Formula - Displays nearby treasure chests, shortcuts, stairs, FOEs and final points on the map. (Probably means gathering points)
HP Boost
Elemental Attack Boost
Elemental Defense Boost
Chop

Troubadour
Song Mastery - Required to learn song skills. Increases the action speed of songs in battle, and decreases TP consumption.
Song and Dance of Furious Battle - Increases the physical and elemental attack power of all allies for 3 turns.
Song and Dance of Holy Protection - Increases the physical and elemental defense of all allies for 3 turns.
Ensemble of Vitality - Until the end of the turn, allies who are buffed with songs and use TP will recover a certain amount of TP.
Acrobatic Melody - Increases the evasion rate of all allies for 3 turns.
Melody of Insight - Increases the accuracy of all allies for 3 turns.
Ensemble of Skanda - Until the end of the turn, allies who are buffed with songs have increased action speed.
Prelude to Fire Play - Grants fire element to 1 ally's normal attack and increases attack power for 3 turns.
Fire Fantasia - Lowers the fire resistance of all enemies, and increases the fire resistance of all allies, for 3 turns.
Prelude to Ice Play - Grants ice element to 1 ally's normal attack and increases attack power for 3 turns.
Ice Fantasia - Lowers the ice resistance of all enemies, and increases the ice resistance of all allies, for 3 turns.
Prelude to Thunder Play - Grants thunder element to 1 ally's normal attack and increases attack power for 3 turns.
Thunder Fantasia - Lowers the thunder resistance of all enemies, and increases the thunder resistance of all allies, for 3 turns.
Savage Tribe's Marching Song - Increases the max HP of all allies for 3 turns.
Ensemble of Life - Until the end of the turn, when allies who are buffed with songs take damage, they will have their HP healed once.
Echoing Sound - All buffs on 1 ally are copied to another ally.
Requiem of Resisting Evil - Increases the bind and status effect resistance of all allies for 3 turns.
Speed Boost
Bewitching Serenade - For a certain number of steps, the encounter rate is increased.
Joyful Marching Song - For a certain number of steps, all allies will recover TP with each step.
Healing Rhythm - When a buff is applied to you, you are healed at the end of the turn.
Holy Gift - Increases the exp gained from battles.
Take

Hexer
Curse Mastery - Required to learn curse skills. Increases the bind and status effect affliction rate of curse skills.
Strength Exorcism Curse - Decreases the physical and elemental damage of all enemies for 3 turns.
Body Softening Curse - Decreases the physical and elemental defense of all enemies for 3 turns.
Frailty Curse - Decreases the bind and status effect resistance of all enemies for 3 turns.
Bewitching Curse - Chance to cause blindness to 1 row of enemies.
Virus Curse - Chance to cause poison to 1 row of enemies.
Madness Curse - Chance to cause confusion to 2 rows of enemies. (Pretty sure that should be 1 row...)
Sleep Curse - Chance to cause sleep to 1 row of enemies.
Sin Curse - Chance to cause curse to 3 rows of enemies. (Probably 1 row)
Curse of Binding: Head - Chance to cause head bind to 1 enemy.
Curse of Binding: Arms - Chance to cause arm bind to 1 enemy.
Curse of Binding: Legs - Chance to cause leg bind to 1 enemy.
Thou Shalt Fear Me - Chance to cause terror to 1 row of enemies.
Command: Protect Thy Master - For this turn, 1 enemy who is terrified will take the damage done by an enemy targeted at an ally.
Command: Consume Thine Companions - For this turn, all enemies who are terrified will attack their allies.
Command: Judge Thyself - For this turn, 1 enemy who is terrified will attack themselves.
HP Mastery (Mastery?)
Sacrifice - Sacrifice the HP of 1 ally to do non-elemental damage to all enemies. Binds or status effects on the sacrificed ally will also done.
Reincarnate - Chance to revive all dead allies in the terror state.
Life Trade - Does non-elemental damage to all enemies. A percentage of the damage done will heal all allies.
Suppression Attack Boost
Blessing of Cursed Chains - Binds the user's arms and legs, and until the end of the next turn, increases the bind and status effect affliction rate.
TP Boost
Suppression Defense Boost

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Last edited:

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
Love this game series! The wife bought me Etrian Odyssey Untold limited box last Christmas. I'm still working on playing it... lol. I was actually playing it last night. I made it really far in the game before my save file was lost earlier in the year. I am hoping to wrap it up soon so I can begin playing Persona Q.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
So with Etrian Mystery Dungeon release getting closer why don't we talk about classes and partys and stuff. For those who don't know this game is introducing a new class that is currently only known as a "Furai" or something like that, looks like it has inspiration from Shiren the Wanderer which means it might end up with the localized name "Wanderer". What's your fave color gender/color for each class? What do you plan your party to be? For reference http://sq-atlus.jp/sfd/sp/character/index.html

My personal faves are;

Land - female - 1
Protector - male/female - 2(female)/3(male/female)/4(male)
Runemaster - female - 2/3/4
Medic - male/female - 4
Gunner - female - 4
Dancer - male - 4
Hexer - female - 1/2/3/4
Ninja - female - 1/2
Prince/Princess - 1(Prince/Princess)/2(Princess)/3(Princess)/4(Princess)
Wanderer - male/female - 2(male)/4(female)

I'm not sure what I'm going to make my party though. With only 4 slots being allowed (I think?) it's going to be tough. Will the Protector be a staple like in the mainstream games? Is the Medic going to be a staple in this game? How important are buffs/debuffs/statuses/binds in this game? How many damage dealers will be needed? :L

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Why am I the only one trying to keep this thread alive. >_>

And yes this is a bump.

@SmashCapps I know I once recommended this game series to you a while because it fitted rather perfectly for what you were looking for and, iirc, you said you were probably going to get it because it sounded like everything you were looking for in a game. So did you ever get one of the games? If so which one? What was your experience with the game?

@ ProofByContrapositive ProofByContrapositive I'm pretty sure you play the EO games as well? I think I remember you posting on the San Antonio boards about it.

I'm trying my damnedest to keep this thread alive.

Hong

The Strongest
Still on the fence about whether or not I'll get this spin-off. Might get it after release after I have tried it out.

Why am I the only one trying to keep this thread alive. >_>

And yes this is a bump.

@SmashCapps I know I once recommended this game series to you a while because it fitted rather perfectly for what you were looking for and, iirc, you said you were probably going to get it because it sounded like everything you were looking for in a game. So did you ever get one of the games? If so which one? What was your experience with the game?

@ ProofByContrapositive ProofByContrapositive I'm pretty sure you play the EO games as well? I think I remember you posting on the San Antonio boards about it.

I'm trying my damnedest to keep this thread alive.
Yeah I've played all of them so far. 3 was hardest with great extra bosses, 4 was easier but still fun, Untold I'm going through now and loving it.
After I beat the main story I usually start winding down and never go too deep into post game after all the hours I've already played. Dunno if I'll get untold 2 I heard there was dumb dlc?

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Yea Untold 2 is gonna have DLC but like all DLC it is optional and some of it is rather on the fan servicey side (mostly the hot spring DLC) and I believe the most important one, the one that has the Highlander class, will be free at first (at least it was free for the first week in Japan). But there still isn't a release date for overseas despite the game being out for over a month now in Japan, which is making me worried about if we will even be getting the game at all considering how fast Etrian Mystery Dungeon was announced for overseas.

I also kinda have the same problem. I've beaten both Untold (Story mode) and EO4 (this was my first EO game so I played it on beginner mode) but didn't go much into the post-game for either (because I dislike Story Mode party set-up for Untold and wanted to save EO4 post-game for when I attempt regular difficulty) but I wanna go through the games again (classic for Untold and Regular difficulty for EO4) and go into post game but keep getting distracted from it. I also have EO3 but have been having a hard time being able to stay into the game, I think because I started with EO4 that I'm spoiled on the QoL improvements they made on the series.

Still on the fence about whether or not I'll get this spin-off. Might get it after release after I have tried it out.
I'm already planning to pre-order it myself. I've played the PMD games in the past and thought they were rather fun and more challenging then the main-stream Pokemon games (for single player anyways) but for some reason I can't remember I ended up selling them.

Hong

The Strongest
It's only fair that I at least give it a try, eh? I've heard good things about the Mystery Dungeon series, and generally these things last as long as they do for a reason.

So I've been hankering for some Etrian Odyssey, in any event. On one hand, I want to play EOIV because it's a really good game. On the other hand, while EOU is not as good (in my opinion), I have not yet completed it. Hm.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I would go with completing EOU first. But then I'm a hypocrite for saying that because I still haven't brought myself to get pass the 3rd Stratum for EO3. I don't know what it is about the 3rd Stratum in that game but I ****ing hate it, and I've even trudge my way through to the boss of that Stratum in my most recent play-through attempt of the game but still find myself not going back to the game.

Hong

The Strongest
I would go with completing EOU first. But then I'm a hypocrite for saying that because I still haven't brought myself to get pass the 3rd Stratum for EO3. I don't know what it is about the 3rd Stratum in that game but I ****ing hate it, and I've even trudge my way through to the boss of that Stratum in my most recent play-through attempt of the game but still find myself not going back to the game.
The third stratum, was that the accursed place with fire tiles basically everywhere? If only you could go further! The fourth stratum is really cool in that game.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
The third stratum, was that the accursed place with fire tiles basically everywhere? If only you could go further! The fourth stratum is really cool in that game.
Yes. It is the fire stratum. I actually am at the boss for that stratum, though I haven't touched the game for months now after like two attempts at that thing, but do not enjoy the fight at all. I rather enjoyed the first 2 stratums but this third one is just bleh and seems to only serve in making me frustrated from everything about it (even the regular monsters are a paint in the ass). Even the 3rd stratum in EOU wasn't this bad.

Hong

The Strongest
Yes. It is the fire stratum. I actually am at the boss for that stratum, though I haven't touched the game for months now after like two attempts at that thing, but do not enjoy the fight at all. I rather enjoyed the first 2 stratums but this third one is just bleh and seems to only serve in making me frustrated from everything about it (even the regular monsters are a paint in the ***). Even the 3rd stratum in EOU wasn't this bad.
If it makes you feel any better, I didn't complete EO3, either.

If I recall correctly, one of the sea quests has you fight a group of high-HP monsters that basically status you every turn. You'd figure autocuring every turn would be enough, but no. Recovering from status effects does nothing if you continuously lose your turn because they happened, and the enemy keeps re-applying it before you can act.

And of course me being me, I refused to advance the plot and just enjoy the rest of the game. Pah...

Perhaps both of us are due to revisit EO3.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I'm currently playing through PersonaQ. As it turns out I can't complete the bestiary without beating both paths, so I'm NG+'ing P3 route now.

Lol was playing for a couple hours mapping the second stratum in EOU using the healing spring instead of going to town. Hadn't saved in awhile and I get ambushed and rocked lol how did this happen

mimgrim

Smash Hero
You weren't careful enough. Also RNG johns.

I remember one time I played EO and I ran into like 5 ambushes in a row. When I start to find that the RNG is trying its damnedest to piss me off I just save and stop playing for a while because otherwise I'll just keep getting more and more pissed off lol.

Oh wait, now that I'm back on b10 I remember that it was a shiny foe, not an ambush. Stupid bird...would've been worth so much exp.
having fun with grimoires early on... bow on dancer and axe on defender.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Yeah, fighting rare FOEs is a great way to find yourself in over your head. Especially four or five turns in.

There's a shiny mammoth oh why must they tempt me.
One day I want to retire all my characters and do a new game + on EO3. My party was not suited for the post game and I could retry for true ending. ..so many Uber bosses

Hong

The Strongest

That's cheating!

Also, ultimately decided to cave in and pre-order Etrian Mystery Dungeon. How silly would it be for me to not even give it a try, right?

Top Bottom