• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Estimation of Smash 4's release date.

When do you think SSB4 will be released?

• Total voters

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
When do you think SSB4 will be released? Why? Do you have any evidence that might support your estimation?
Personally because I am aware that the game is in it's early-mid development, I predict that Smash 4 will be released on the 2nd quarter of 2014, around June specifically.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I don't mind when they are ready to release it next year just so long as Europe doesn't have to wait month's after Japan and America to get it again.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
I don't mind when they are ready to release it next year just so long as Europe doesn't have to wait month's after Japan and America get it again.
You can always pre-order it, you'll receive your copy without waiting a month after Japan and America gets the game :bee:

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Nintendo specified a year and nothing more. Given the history of delays and/or using up the entire year (but still managing to stay "honest"), I easily predict holiday 2014. T_T

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
You can always pre-order it, you'll receive your copy without waiting a month after Japan and America gets the game :bee:

A month? Try about 3 month's after America and 5 month's after Japan buddy.

I'm just going to hope that Kid Icarus Uprising's release is an indication that the translation team has improved since Brawl and that we can get a closer world wide release this time around.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Digital download, dudes. That sucker is never leaving my console. :]

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Nintendo specified a year and nothing more. Given the history of delays and/or using up the entire year (but still managing to stay "honest"), I easily predict holiday 2014. T_T
The Brawl delay was very irritating. However, take into consideration that the development team is much huger that it was for SSBB. Due to this and knowing how hardworking Namco Bandai is, the game might be released on The 2nd quarter of the 2014 or early Q3.
This is only a prediction, I have no solid proof.

ScubaF_ingSteve

I eat stickers all the time, dude!
NNID
ScubaSteve94
I'm guessing Q2 2014. If it was Q1 they would have said, much like what they said with Mario Kart 8. It will not come Q1, I'm guessing Q2-Q3, I don't see it being pushed to the holidays.

Digital download, dudes. That sucker is never leaving my console. :]
Exactly, monster hunter in the disk drive, smash downloaded C:

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
The Brawl delay was very irritating. However, take into consideration that the development team is much huger that it was for SSBB. Due to this and knowing how hardworking Namco Bandai is, the game might be released on The 2nd quarter of the 2014 or early Q3.
This is only a prediction, I have no solid proof.
It's fine. I'm all for a little speculation. I just don't believe you. 8D

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yeah and one of the delay's was because they wanted to add Sonic in the last minute. I don't think we will have to worry about such a thing happening again so the game should be able to release in 2014. Though I wouldn't be surprised if it did get delayed of course.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Exactly, monster hunter in the disk drive, smash downloaded C:
I'll probably end up buying SSB4 twice. It'll be digitally installed on my console, and I'll have a factory sealed copy on my shelf forever.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Assuming that it still aims for the 2014 release, I predict Nintendo will use it as part of an unannounced marketing plan. as many of you know, the Big N tuns 125 years old next year, so I can see a potential anniversary event similar to the "Year of Luigi" going on right now.

so my guess around fall of 2014(since September 23 is the actual B-day.)

ScubaF_ingSteve

I eat stickers all the time, dude!
NNID
ScubaSteve94
I'll probably end up buying SSB4 twice. It'll be digitally installed on my console, and I'll have a factory sealed copy on my shelf forever.
I'm not burning $120 for two copies personally. I wish nintendo would go the route of "you own the disk, here you can install it for free" but I understand the concern because of trading in games. There are too many Wii U games I want to also buy in attention, so another $60 is a no-no

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Assuming that it still aims for the 2014 release, I predict Nintendo will use it as part of an unannounced marketing plan. as many of you know, the Big N tuns 125 years old next year, so I can see a potential anniversary event similar to the "Year of Luigi" going on right now.

so my guess around fall of 2014(since September 23 is the actual B-day.)

Well they have been doing these anniversary celebrations the past few years so I definitely wouldn't be surprised if they did this. :)

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
A month? Try about 3 month's after America and 5 month's after Japan buddy.

I'm just going to hope that Kid Icarus Uprising's release is an indication that the translation team has improved since Brawl and that we can get a closer world wide release this time around.
To be honest, I live in Kuwait, and we receive all the games on their exact Japanese/American release date, thank God we have companies that import those games. Without those Kuwaiti companies that import games, we might not receive any of those games until possibly 6 months after release. Sticking back to topic, Smash 4 will be released universally (from what I heard). Is this correct?
It's fine. I'm all for a little speculation. I just don't believe you. 8D
How so? It's true that Smash had it's history with delays, but isn't it different this time since Namco Bandai is in this too?

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I'm not burning $120 for two copies personally. I wish nintendo would go the route of "you own the disk, here you can install it for free" but I understand the concern because of trading in games. There are too many Wii U games I want to also buy in attention, so another $60 is a no-no
Pffffft. I may be a grumpy anti-Brawl person, but I adore the series overall. It is most certainly worth $120... maybe not all at once... but it is. :D

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Global release sometime after June.

Please global release this game please.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
How so? It's true that Smash had it's history with delays, but isn't it different this time since Namco Bandai is in this too?
It's more doubt and denial on my part than actual rhyme or reason. You could be right. I'm just not getting my hopes up.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
To be honest, I live in Kuwait, and we receive all the games on their exact Japanese/American release date, thank God we have companies that import those games. Without those Kuwaiti companies that import games, we might not receive any of those games until possibly 6 months after release. Sticking back to topic, Smash 4 will be released universally (from what I heard). Is this correct?

Well lucky you then. I'm going to stick to the hope that they will do as Gamefreak is planning to do with Pokemon X and Y. Having a simultaneous world wide release. But that's probably not going to happen. At least a release like Kid Icarus Uprising would be nice....

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Well lucky you then. I'm going to stick to the hope that they will do as Gamefreak is planning to do with Pokemon X and Y. Having a simultaneous world wide release. But that's probably not going to happen. At least a release like Kid Icarus Uprising would be nice....
I'm quite sorry that Europe in general has to wait for games after its release in Japan/USA. However, individually speaking, you can always pre-order the game you want and you'll receive it on the exact same date as it's release date.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'm quite sorry that Europe in general has to wait for games after its release in Japan/USA. However, individually speaking, you can always pre-order the game you want and you'll receive it on the exact same date as it's release date.

Well I don't have any troubles in buying the games (Although getting Brawl was quite a hassle, but that's a long and awkward story). I'll be fine with that. I'm just going to hold out for a much closer release this time around. Or are you talking about importing the American/Japanese version? :/

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Well I don't have any troubles in buying the games (Although getting Brawl was quite a hassle, but that's a long and awkward story). I'll be fine with that. I'm just going to hold out for a much closer release this time around. Or are you talking about importing the American/Japanese version? :/
I'm talking about importing the American/Japanese version... Oh, now I get it. You're talking about the language availability :facepalm:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'm talking about importing the American/Japanese version... Oh, now I get it. You're talking about the language availability :facepalm:

That and region lock. Although there was that freeloader thing.... But Nintendo blocked it pretty quickly anyway's.... :/

D

Deleted member

I say sometime next spring. That's my guess because by Christmas, most of the roster will be filled by then.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Global release sometime after June.

Please global release this game please.

As long as we get a ton of new character and veteran reveals by then, I'm totally good with that. Global release is the way to go.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I really hope for quarter one I am not getting any younger and a year and a half is a looong time to wait and maintain hype for a game

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I predict something between April 2014 and December 2014. (I'm voting for a Q3 2014 release on the poll, since my prediction ranges from Q2 to Q4.)

Being in Portugal, I hope I don't have to wait more than other regions have to. I always disliked how Europe usually has later release dates.
After Kid Icarus: Uprising's close release dates between regions (and that was a text and dialogue heavy game), I have better hopes this time.

I also hope Nintendo markets this game like they did with KI:U and FE:A. The game needs good marketing, since it will be one of their biggest titles for 2014 alongside Monolith's X and Platinum's Bayonetta 2.

Honestly, a worldwide release would be excellent news for everyone.

Ray Robo

Smash Ace
NNID
RayRobo
I'd say probably either a Q3 release or holiday release knowing Nintendo for marketing purposes. I personally doubt Nintendo would release two console sellers (Mario Kart and SSB) in the same month (April) so Q2, I don't see happening. I wouldn't mind, but with Brawl's history of multiple delays even if a Q2 or Q3 release was possible I still see a holiday release coming.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I think it's delusional to think that the game will be released on Q1 2014. Judging from the interviews with Sakurai, I think the game still has a long way to go.

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
I think it'll be late 2014. Especially when you consider it's likely to have online play.

They might give and earlier release date and then delay it. Like they ALWAYS do.

Viewtiful-FX

Smash Apprentice
I'd say Q4 2014 is a safe bet. Delays are always something to consider, as well. We're CURRENTLY looking at 2014, but who knows if they'll even hit THAT mark?

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
what up with everyone expecting holiday 2014, it should no way take that long to complete exp when based on the trailer looks pretty far in development and it really should not take that long to make this type of game.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
I think there it's extremely difficult for SSB4 to be released on Q4 (Without delays of course :lol:). The game, as soviet prince stated, looks far into development for it to be that delayed. I repeated this many times and I'm still going to: Remember that Namco Bandai is working on SSB4 as well, meaning the developing crew is huger than it was for all the previous Smash bros. installments.

Ray Robo

Smash Ace
NNID
RayRobo
I think there it's extremely difficult for SSB4 to be released on Q4 (Without delays of course :lol:). The game, as soviet prince stated, looks far into development for it to be that delayed. I repeated this many times and I'm still going to: Remember that Namco Bandai is working on SSB4 as well, meaning the developing crew is huger than it was for all the previous Smash bros. installments.
I want Q1 just as much as the next guy. I won't doubt it due to the inclusion of Namco Bandai's crew as well, however based on past history, no one can be certain due to delays in the past installments.

However, I will agree with you in terms that the game looks farther in development than most people realize.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
I want Q1 just as much as the next guy. I won't doubt it due to the inclusion of Namco Bandai's crew as well, however based on past history, no one can be certain due to delays in the past installments.

However, I will agree with you in terms that the game looks farther in development than most people realize.
Everyone doubts the release date of Smash 4 after the catastrophic delays of Brawl. We have no solid proof that the game won't be delayed, but I have faith in Namco Bandai :grin:

Top Bottom