• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Essential Pikachu Techniques Compilation

Wishes And Sunshine

Smash Cadet
I wish to have in one thread all skills needed by a Pikachu player, as well as the ways to execute them. I have no intention of making this a guide; instead, I anticipate the invaluable input of the much more seasoned Pikachu veterans here.

Ground-Ground

Short-hop fast-fall forward aerial: Short hop--> Forward aerial--> Fast fall (before move completion)-->Grab/Utilt/Usmash

Short hop autocancelled down aerial: Autocancel frames required.

Quick Attack Ledge Cancel: Quick Attack-->Ledge

Edgeguarding

Bair--> Stage spike
(Video required)

I do not have much time at hand, and will continue editing later. Please submit content, people!

Last edited:

ÑukeSSB

Nuke.Exe
NNID
Nukeit
Edgeguarding with bair : you can place and space your bair so the ending hit stages spike your opponent. Then footstool him on the way back. Seems pretty effective for me.

Shram

Smash Cadet
There are so many ways to edgeguard with pikachu, it's not fair to just have bair :(

Here are some other options offstage that can mess up your opponent:
fair, dair, nair, thunder, t-jolt, and even a well-aimed quick attack can stop him from recovering.

Side note: Pikachu's side-b is weak if you don't charge it much, can sometimes gimp if you get lucky. Also works when you're the one trying to recover since side-b sometimes hits people backwards. (no idea why, anyone got any information on this?)

Simperheve

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Simperheve
I'm quite fond of Retreating SH Nair, though you gotta be careful when you fast fall or you'll get a lot of ending lag.

Top Bottom