• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS eShop midnight releases by time zone?

zmonbobbo

Smash Rookie
I was wondering how Nintendo typically releases games on the eShop. I've never bought a game over eShop, but I'm using a gift card to download Smash 3DS at midnight, so I was wondering what time it would be available for me. I live in the Central Time Zone. Anyone know if Nintendo does rolling releases (i.e. the game releases at midnight for you no matter where you live) or if they go by a specific time zone? Thanks in advance!

Raijinken

Smash Master
If I recall, it releases at the earliest time in the region, and thus will, for America, be going by Eastern Daylight time.

Texas Toast

Smash Cadet
NNID
TexasToast-3
3DS FC
1461-6200-1949
You mean.. pacific?

Also, is it definitely being put up at midnight, or do I need to head to Wal-mart at 11:30?
No, it is midnight in the eastern half of the US before it is in the West (Pacific). New York is 3 hours ahead of California, for example.

It'll be up 12:00 AM EST, meaning 11:00 PM CST, 10:00 PM MST, and 9:00 PM PST.

i think...lol

Last edited:

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
No, it is midnight in the eastern half of the US before it is in the West (Pacific). New York is 3 hours ahead of California, for example.

It'll be up 12:00 AM EST, meaning 11:00 PM CST, 10:00 PM MST, and 9:00 PM PST.

i think...lol
**** I misread his post, I get what he meant now, my bad.

Anyway, I wasn't sure if this was one of those, "it'll be up when they update the eShop in the morning" things, or if it'll be immediately there at midnight. Hope that's the case. Not having to leave at all would be swell.

Last edited:

Texas Toast

Smash Cadet
NNID
TexasToast-3
3DS FC
1461-6200-1949
**** I misread his post, I get what he meant now, my bad.

No worries!

To sum up the answers to the questions asked in this thread:

-TC, the game releases when midnight strikes on the East Coast of the US (for NA audiences). Depending on where you live, you could get it a few hours "earlier" than midnight.

-Panda, generally Nintendo's been pretty punctual, if not a few minutes early. I've gotten Pokemon X, Mario Golf: World Tour, and Animal Crossing all right at or 5-10 min before the date changed.

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
Oh wow and here I was about to go to gamestop at midnight. Yepp... I'll be staying in the comfort of my home then.

Top Bottom