• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS ESHOP Demo USA character impressions

J1O

Smash Rookie
NNID
Dank808
3DS FC
2294-4874-7217
Alright, my impressions for the demo characters in Sm4sh (this is more for the newcomers btw)

I'll start off with the newcomers
Mega Man: He is really really fun to use and is my favorite character in the demo. He's not a long range character like I thought he would be, he's mid range and can really rack up percentage up close. I am annoyed that all of his specials have little to no knock back damage, like his specials are very useless, especially the Leaf Shield. It has a long start up, and you can't do any other action until you throw it, and they only seem to do 4 damage a piece which you can easily jump over it. I find my self using his neutral A almost all the time, I wish it had a slightly longer distance especially his side smash! Mega Man has some SICK air game, his bair (good kill move) is amazing his his fair is pretty good. His uair is really nice since it just sends opponents up and is good for juggling CPUs(I have yet to use it on a human player). HIS GRAB GAME THOUGH, THAT IS LIKE MY FAVORITE THING TO DO (and his dair cause that sound it makes). All together I think he's good, but he can be so much better.

Villager: He's also really fun to use, but man he's not as godly as people think. His recovery is amazing, as long as you are far away from your opponent. You can do a lot of risky moves with him off stage to get that kill because of that recovery. His grabs are slow, and you can get punished hard if you miss. His dair is nice but it has no distance, his dash attack is fun. I usually end up planting tree, while its still there I use the axe on my opponents, cause it has good knock back. overall I think this character is going to evolve when people who main him get used to him (oh and his pocket is really good for defense and mind games)

Pikachu: it might just be me but he feels alot like Pichu some of his attacks have weird end lag but overall he feels like brawl and pichu mixed

Link: HE FEELS LIKE A NEW MAN, STILL ANNOYED BY HIS SIDE B THOUGH. Probably the best CPU to fight, if you like getting perfect shield

Mario: The best in this demo, although his fire now weighs like 10 pounds lol. Really love his grabs and his spike fist is still beautiful.

Now when October 3rd hits I can't wait for my Ness!

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Megaman: You can throw a cog at the ground, leaf shield, and go offensive from there. Leaf Shield is also good for footstooling or grabbing so leaves hit the person while they are grabbed. I agree with everything else.

Villager: Air game is on point tho.

Pikachu: I sort of agree. You can drag people down with Fair and Dair and he doesn't have his Uair spike

Link: He's like project M link without Fair being a kill move. Really good.

Mario: Combo house. Oh wait, vectoring.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
inb4 IT'S TOO EARLY FOR IMPRESSIONS WE'VE ONLY HAD THE GAME FOR A WEEK LOOOCK

Mario's combos are silky smooth and Pikachu has a lot of multi-hitting attacks that keep you in hitstun. Villager seems pretty powerful, too.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
:4mario:: Seems pretty good overall. Never used F.L.U.D.D. though.

:4link:: Attacks feel better than before.

:4pikachu:: Pretty much plays in a similar fashion as Brawl, except for Thunder.

:4villager:: Attacks seem quite situational. Not easy to make KOs when the bowling ball's range is limited, and the tree requires good placement. The tilt moves and Gyroid seem good though.

:4megaman:: Quite tricky to use when most of his attacks are projectiles.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
I believe Villager will be one of those obscure characters that becomes low tier in the start of the metagame and them people learn how to play him and he becomes high tier

Last edited:

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
I believe Villager will be one of those obscure characters that becomes low tier in the start metagame and them people learn how to play him and he becomes high tier
Or he's high tier in doubles because you can pocket each others trees :troll:

ToadsterOven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ToadsterOven
3DS FC
3711-6996-2029
Hang on....is the US demo actually out right now?

Top Bottom