• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Escaping Shiek's F-Tilt lock?

Jarabe 93

Smash Apprentice
I've been missing from the competitive scene for a good month or so, and I just need a refresher. One of my friends uses Shiek whenever I use Wolf, and constantly F-Tilt locks me. Which way should I DI? Also, what type of DI should I use (regular, Smash, etc.), and what should I do when I get out (Shine, or what?)? Thanks in advance.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Noob you DI towards me NOT AWAY!

You've been followed....

You're not gonna win against a decent sheik with wolf anyway :D counter pick with your meta

Jarabe 93

Smash Apprentice
Of couse it had to be you. :psycho:
Thanks for being helpful for once. :laugh:
And I'm trying to lay off MK for a while, in case I get into a situation where he's beat.

EDIT: IIRC, I've beaten your Shiek with Wolf many times. :dizzy:

Jarabe 93

Smash Apprentice
Um..................................... name the times...............................

Yeah obama for prez, i like black ppl
Every other time I use Wolf, basically.

EDIT: Oh and change your avatar to the MP3 Dark Samus doing her uber-stance, it looks cooler. Talk to me on AIM if you need help finding it.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Yeah. All THOSE replys were helpful....>.>

I believe if you smash DI up and away you can jump out at around 68 to whatever. I would need to test it to be sure.

ADHD

Smash Hero
i just DI out away/up and i get out of it after about 3 hits
EXACTYL WHY WOLFS ALWAYS NEVER GET OUT OF TILT LOCK.

You have to DI towards sheik, you take 70 damage either way, with no DI or DI'ing away its 90. I actually know this, I main sheik and have played in alot of sheik dittos.

Di'ing towards sheik will bring you to the other side of her, she can still change the tilt direction but its still very difficult once you've changed directions to keep you in.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Reflector comes out on frame....3? You're in hitstun too long I believe. At least until you'd be able to escape through other methods. Although reflector might let you take initiative.

demodemo

Smash Ace
towards, then if sheiks is good enough to tilt the other way, mess her up by going the other direction. basically, once you are "inside" of sheik, it will not be long before you are out, since the sheik must perdict which way you are DIing, which is difficult. all this time she needs to keep up her tilts, but at this point they would most likely end with a usmash or a utilt or something

Top Bottom