Escape to the Surface, Octolings for Smash

MiniGeek2000

Smash Rookie
Maybe an echo fighter pass will happen because the Smash Ultimate DLC sales number

Just throwing this out there.

Rie Sonomura

octos are babey don't @ me
Premium
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

fogbadge

Smash Legend

Rie Sonomura

Premium
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I would, but work and caring for family literally drains me and I wouldn’t be available at the necessary times

Rie Sonomura

Premium
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Guess which game of all games is discounted... 👀

surprised they’re not doing that for Smash Ultimate, MK8D or even ARMS tho...

DelphoxFan97

Smash Apprentice

This is the Octoling I wish would be playable. They were dropped from the original Splatoon. The playable Octolings we eventually did get look completely different from this (I got nothing against them though). When Splatoon 3 comes, they can make this Octoling playable via a special hairstyle from the Octoling girl. They can even make a boy version. Octoling kelp can be a headgear.

Like I said in some previous posts, being playable from the get-go, Splatoon 3 would be the first time Octolings would be playable in Hero Mode. Splatoon 2 Octo Expansion was the first time Octolings were officially playable, and Splatoon 3 can push them even more to the forefront with the Inklings.

Rie Sonomura

Premium
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

This is the Octoling I wish would be playable. They were dropped from the original Splatoon. The playable Octolings we eventually did get look completely different from this (I got nothing against them though). When Splatoon 3 comes, they can make this Octoling playable via a special hairstyle from the Octoling girl. They can even make a boy version. Octoling kelp can be a headgear.

Like I said in some previous posts, being playable from the get-go, Splatoon 3 would be the first time Octolings would be playable in Hero Mode. Splatoon 2 Octo Expansion was the first time Octolings were officially playable, and Splatoon 3 can push them even more to the forefront with the Inklings.
I like the Octo Expansion ones though, they’re adorable (imo) :c

DelphoxFan97

Smash Apprentice
I like the Octo Expansion ones though, they’re adorable (imo) :c
Don't get me wrong. I also like them. I just think the other one should've been playable as well. Probably the best way is through a special hairstyle.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Legend

they werent dropped they were briefly considered. also thats a fan hack

AnEasterEgg

Smash Rookie
It is odd they didn't have the enemy octoling hairstyle for playable octolings. Seems like it would be easy to implement, and I can't think of any potential problems it would cause.

DelphoxFan97

Smash Apprentice
It is odd they didn't have the enemy octoling hairstyle for playable octolings. Seems like it would be easy to implement, and I can't think of any potential problems it would cause.
And we only got two hairstyles for both genders. None of which are that of the enemy Octoling. If that were to be implemented in Splatoon 3, selecting the hairstyle would turn the Octoling into the enemy Octoling, complete with different voice and octopus form.

Rie Sonomura

Premium
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I think the playable octolings looking that way is intentional - they're more innocent, whimsical and curious, unlike the enemies which are fierce, vicious and intimidating. it's evident in their designs and their voices

enemy = A N G E R Y
playable = bab

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

Premium
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If they were to reveal Octolings for Smash this pass, you think they’d be standalone (maybe at E3 or TGA) or paired with a Splatoon related announcement (like a hypothetical new DLC expansion)?

Oracle Link

Smash Apprentice
Am i the only one that Think that Male Octoling look far worse than the Female ones
i mean i always play as a male (because i am one) but the male octolings look not really appealing!

Rie Sonomura

Premium
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Am i the only one that Think that Male Octoling look far worse than the Female ones
i mean i always play as a male (because i am one) but the male octolings look not really appealing!
Idk I think the default style is adorable, and their booyahs are cute

one of them is literally YAY

Rie Sonomura

Premium
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
just a thought, when they end Splatfest reruns

what if they did a Chaos vs Order encore?

though idk why but im expecting them to drop the Chaos vs Order encore randomly and still have more reruns to go. Maybe that’s just me

Top Bottom