• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Escape to the Surface, Octolings for Smash + splatoon 3 discussion

MiniGeek2000

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys I came across a video that talks about a potential FP3 or something similar after FP2 I thought I would share it with you and see your opinions. The video provides more explanation than I can myself so I don't write an essay for a reply. This video is for if Octoling isn't going to be in FP2.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
With the fiscal year ending soon and hopefully the pandemic starting to be controlled again, Nintendo will have to announce new plans

and they can’t rely on ports forever but at the very least, give me Xenoblade Chronicles X Definitive Edition so they’d need to show off new stuff

I feel very confident something Splatoon related (although not Splatoon 3 as of yet) is one of those things

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
With the fiscal year ending soon and hopefully the pandemic starting to be controlled again, Nintendo will have to announce new plans

and they can’t rely on ports forever but at the very least, give me Xenoblade Chronicles X Definitive Edition so they’d need to show off new stuff

I feel very confident something Splatoon related (although not Splatoon 3 as of yet) is one of those things
maybe the pandemic is getting under control where you are

edit: sorry that was way to grim

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
maybe the pandemic is getting under control where you are

edit: sorry that was way to grim
At the very least has Japan gotten access to vaccines yet?

apologies if this question is... uncalled for

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Oh ALSO have you seen this

Think this could improve Splatoon2 matchmaking and not make Splatfests... LAGfests?

MiniGeek2000

Smash Apprentice
Yep I've seen it. An 18 year old system being changed into a new one. Also Smash Bros needs it.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Oh ALSO have you seen this

Think this could improve Splatoon2 matchmaking and not make Splatfests... LAGfests?
I saw it but I’m not sure what it meant

MiniGeek2000

Smash Apprentice
Hi there I found these today. I thought it would be cool to share this to you.
Smash Bros Main Test (Something for fun)
Love Test (With Smash Bros characters) (I thought I would share this one since Valentine's day is this Sunday).
Would like to see what you got.
Can't put the images up but for Smash Main Test I first got Lucas then tried again because of uncertain answers and I got Ness so yeah pretty much the same thing. For Love Test I got Palutena.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
At the very least I do hope for a tease of a Splatoon related project this direct

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
At the chance we do potentially get an Echo Pack announced tonight, I can see Octoling as an example of being the first announced as Inkling was in the beginning of all of this. Especially given Splatoon's increasing popularity and Nintendo's "newest" IPs which will go down as iconic and recognizable to modern gamers and new generation.

Last edited:

zumaddy

Smash Ace
I'd flip out if a Splatoon spin-off was announced tomorrow, especially if it featured Octarians/Octolings and Salmonids.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
THERE IS A SPLATOON SPINOFF!!!

wait no

SPLATOON 3!!!!!!

Last edited:

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Heyo, Splatoon 3! Whaddya know. I was already very confident about more Splatoon reps, but now I'm even more so. It's underrepresented as heck!

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
OH THEY HAVE TO INCLUDE OCTOLING IN SMASH NOW

with two of my MWs, KOS-MOS and Elma, possibly out of the running I need this at least

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Wow, wasn't expecting a full-on sequel this soon. Or "soon", when it's coming in 2022. But amazing, Splatoon keeps on delivering.
It makes a lot of sense! Splatoon is playing with the big boys now in terms of Nintendo IPs. Which is why I'm always surprised at how many folks totally underweigh Splatoon in roster speculation! One rep isn't nearly enough for a first-party series this big.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Splatoon 3! I was very surprised by that!

The Post-Apocalyptic theme was also a bit surprising! Now I want to see what the World would have looked like if Team Order (My team) had won!

Staarih

Smash Master
"in the wake of chaos", I see:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Splatoon 3! I was very surprised by that!

The Post-Apocalyptic theme was also a bit surprising! Now I want to see what the World would have looked like if Team Order (My team) had won!
I'm guessing it would be a Terminator apocalypse (or at least some kind of shiny robot-based apocalypse) as opposed to a Mad Max apocalypse.

There had better be a guitar that doubles as a flamethrower. (Inkthrower?)

Last edited:

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
"in the wake of chaos", I see:

Me and the squad heading to the Splatlands Splatfest zone like

DelphoxFan97

Smash Journeyman
I still think the recent Splatfest was stolen, and Team Star deserved the win, but it's great to see Splatoon 3 is finally on the horizon. Hopefully, Splatfests will get a serious overhaul to make them more interesting. The Squid Jump game and the others must return. Some people, including myself, want the enemy Octoling to be playable, while some begged to disagree. Could we finally get male enemy Octolings as well? All Ranked Battle types should be available 24/7. There's a lot of potential for this game.

Top Bottom