• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ES bug > Instant SD

Risky

Smash Ace
Found a bug that causes you to instantly die if you cancel a grounded ES ~2/3 of the way through as you hit the ledge. If you're holding down (I think) you fly to the bottom blast zone.

Easiest way to replicate it is on Yoshi's Story at ledge roll distance from the edge (pressing L while on the ledge), Up-B towards the ledge and cancel as you get there. Not sure if you have to hold down actually, seems not to matter.

Last edited:

Risky

Smash Ace
It works on every ledge I've tried so far; Battlefield, Distant Planet, DL64, YS, and I imagine it works on the rest. It behaves differently depending on if it's the left or right side of the stage. The right side moves you strangely further but doesn't kill you.

Has something to do with momentum, you can jump out of it as you're flying down. You can do it on a platform too! Easiest to do on Warioware, just ES and cancel as you get to the edge of it and you fly to the bottom of the stage. The combo possibilities...

Last edited:

Darkgun

Smash Journeyman
I found this by going the opposite direction, actually! Leaving the ground at any point (platforms, stage, etc(?)) with momentum during an ESC after holding up allows you to do much the same. Apparently SoCal found this out just before I did, and managed to spend 5 minutes in the air before touching the ground (Fun fact: you do not take damage when offscreen after 150%.). You can get varying distances, and I'd be happy to weaponize that somehow, but I'm not quite sure how to control just how high one goes yet. The downward boost sounds much more useful for sure. I will have to try that out.

Top Bottom