• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Eruption uses?

Crezyte

Smash Apprentice
Late reply I know, but if you watch Sethlon you'll see that he and most good Roys are in the habit of Up-B'ing early because of Flare Blade's forward coverage and priority. It's an incredibly common mix-up Roys use and reading it with Counter can net you a very rewarding punish.
Not Ryo's Roy... he sweet spots 100% of the time. lol

Commander

Smash Ace
An experienced roy will know how low Ike's counter will go ( which isn't very far) if not just sweet spot the ledge
Ike's counter is perfectly capable of hitting Roy when he doesn't sweet spot. Roy has 2 options when recovering and thus one mix up. That is either sweet spotting or not. If you read that he isn't and punish with counter you get a free stock. The other event is handled by edge hogging which leads to a free punish.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Depending on the stage, you can also just rocket yourself out to Roy and slap him out with little resistance. Just be very mindful of what his current options are, namely DJ and >B.

BigHairyFart

Salty Supreme
NNID
JackAzzMcTittles
I'm kinda new to Ike, but building on the edgegaurding thing with Eruption, I feel that if you send the enemy across the stage, you can Quickdraw to close distance to the ledge quickly, and jump out of it and start Eruption in the air. Jumping out of QD gives you much more distance if you want, and you can also drift while charging Eruption in the air so that you land at the perfect spot on the ledge.

Last edited:

Commander

Smash Ace
I'm kinda new to Ike, but building on the edgegaurding thing with Eruption, I feel that if you send the enemy across the stage, you can Quickdraw to close distance to the ledge quickly, and jump out of it and start Eruption in the air. Jumping out of QD gives you much more distance if you want, and you can also drift while charging Eruption in the air so that you land at the perfect spot on the ledge.
There is no point in doing that unless you want to be an extremely flashy player and spike them out of the air with it. I've tried, it doesn't work ever. I still go for it sometimes but never in tourney.

Last edited:

BigHairyFart

Salty Supreme
NNID
JackAzzMcTittles
There is no point in doing that unless you want to be an extremely flashy player and spike them out of the air with it. I've tried, it doesn't work ever. I still go for it sometimes but never in tourney.
I'm just saying if you happen to launch them so that they go off the opposite end of the stage, AND their recover is easily spike-able(spacies, Ness/Lucas, for example), then it's just an option that's there. Not saying it's totally useful/viable, but it is there.

Top Bottom