• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Eruption Spike

Baggy

Smash Cadet
NNID
Baggysama
1. Anyone have an idea of size and frames of the spiking part of eruption? I can only hit someone with it while jumping and when i use eruption on someone below, the flame hitbox always gets them.

2. has anyone gotten a spike with eruption at any time during a match? I'd think it'd only be plausible to do at the edge but i could be wrong. Is it possible even to get the spike part without jumping?

Arrei

Smash Lord
There was a vine in one of the threads a ways down on this board, spiking a Wario trying to recover with a low power Eruption at the edge, so yeah, it's possible. The spike hitbox is incredibly small, though, Ike can spike another Ike standing on the ground by releasing Eruption at the apex of a full hop, but being even slightly off just results in a regular hit.

Last edited:

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
The spike only works on grounded opponents. Only expect this to ever work if you charge it on a platform. Not very useful since you can tech grounded spikes.

Arrei

Smash Lord
The spike only works on grounded opponents. Only expect this to ever work if you charge it on a platform. Not very useful since you can tech grounded spikes.
That was the case in Brawl, but here's the vine I mentioned, posted by JancroFin:

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
That was the case in Brawl, but here's the vine I mentioned, posted by JancroFin:

The case in smash 4, too

Frame 11-17: 9%(+1) 40b/100g (KO@ 250%) 270° Slash Ground-Target-Only

The spiking angle references ground targets only. There may just be buggy behavior with how collision is coded for hugging a wall vs. being on the ground. Boy, do I wish it spiked aerial opponents regularly though. + it's 3DS, so I'm not sure how much more simplistic some parts of it may be.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 269706

I feel like I've spiked a D3 out of his recovery before into the blast zone, but that was a long time ago, and it was on 3DS. I rarely ever get the spike with Aether...not that it matters though. That move hits so hard that anyone at like 80% is pretty much going to die if you have enough charge. I guess like San. was saying, we'll have to experiment with people who hug the walls to see if that has any effect on the spike. But if that thing hit in the air, it would be a better spike than his dair.

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
It's been able to since Brawl lol

It even spikes airborne opponents in Project Melee, only today did I learn that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom