• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Error code : 018-0516

BrunoP2

Smash Rookie
Hi guys,
Since the game as come out, i haven't been able to play online, i mean in 4 days i could only do like 4/5 battles online
Will it always be this way?
I've set the ip manually, open the dmz of my router and still nothing. Plus another friend of mine is having the same problems..what can we do?
I'm close to the router, my connection its fast..i dunno what else i can do.

PS: Pokemon x/y online works perfectly and Street fighter too.

Hellrazor

Wants to Watch the World Burn
NNID
jkjk237
3DS FC
4596-9639-1071
I get this error randomly. Fixes itself when I rejoin the matchmaking. Not sure what causes it.

BrunoP2

Smash Rookie
ok, but it has to exist something that fix this. On pokemon and street fighter it's perfect, it never misses...so its their problem.

Renegand

Smash Cadet
what kind of modem do you have, if its of a specific brand series, there isnt really a fix, other than new modem.

Aceroth

Smash Rookie
It's clearly a problem on Nintendo's end if some games work fine and only Smash is giving your problems, so I'd hold off on jumping right to "buy a new modem." I had this error too and put my 3DS in my router's DMZ. I still get the error sometimes, but if I keep trying eventually I'll connect. I've only tried For Glory 1v1, so I'm not sure if it applies to all the online modes.

I don't have enough posts on smashboards yet to post a link (lol) but if you go to the nintendo support site and search for "DMZ" you should find the instructions. You can also do an error code search on the support site and you'll get similar instructions.

Locid

Smash Rookie
I have received this error code over 50 times when trying to find a game (basically every attempt) only ONCE have I got through and that was for a 4 man smash game on For Glory which had considerable lag.

Renegand

Smash Cadet
@ Aceroth Aceroth its an issue with the modems port forwarding actually, and yes it does make a difference which games because different games are on different ports.

Believe me Ive had this issue with every nintendo game on my modem for a looooooong time. I just use my phones internet as a hotspot when I play games rather than buy a new modem. Its all the more aggravating with the 3ds because you can do everything related to online but play games with people. Download new games, buy games, add friend codes, see matches, but not play in them.

Renegand

Smash Cadet
Im telling you its Port Forwarding. Ive had some success with putting my computer on the networks DMZ, then running Virtual Router Software and connecting through that, but even then, Its 1/25 tries maybe.

money1246

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2852-8453-6270
Im telling you its Port Forwarding. Ive had some success with putting my computer on the networks DMZ, then running Virtual Router Software and connecting through that, but even then, Its 1/25 tries maybe.
Hey Renegand can you teach me how to open my DMZ. I know my Ip address and gateway I just dont know the next steps.

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
I have a couple friends where we can't connect with each other, and we get this code. The only solution is for one of us to Access a different wifi source. Maybe the servers and Internet points are interfering? I have no idea :/

money1246

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2852-8453-6270
I keep trying to rejoin but I keep getting the errors. Since its college wifi, I don't really know what more I can do.

Renegand

Smash Cadet
I keep trying to rejoin but I keep getting the errors. Since its college wifi, I don't really know what more I can do.
Not alot more you can do, since if its college wifi you wont have access to change the port forward setting. If you have a phone plan with lots of data you could use it a mobile hotspot and do that

Top Bottom