• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Error Code 009-1502 when attempting to transfer save data from physical to digital copies.

Irish Badger

Smash Rookie
Apologies in advance if this has been covered elsewhere in the forums, but I have still yet to come across a solution for it anywhere.
I am trying to transfer my save data from my physical copy of Super Smash Bros to a digital one via the Save Data Transfer Tool. During the process I am getting the Error Code ‘009-1502’.
I called Nintendo customer service as couldn’t find any fixes for it and they told me to try delete the update for the game on the SD card and then try to do the transfer again.
I tried this but I am still getting the error code.
Has anyone found a workaround for this or is it a problem at Nintendo’s end?
Cheers

MCPhatman

Smash Rookie
I also have the physical cartridge and digital version of Super Smash Bros for 3DS and have been trying to transfer my save from physical to Digital using the save data transfer tools. Every time I did this it asks for an update and when I do so it will stop and give me error code 009-1502. I have downloaded the game again, downloaded the update, deleted it and redownloaded but it kept failing each time I tried. I’ve been trying since Thursday until today (Tuesday 07-10) to no avail. I have also mailed Nintendo NL (Netherlands) but they didn’t give me any helpful answer (It might be the server that was it). Someone did tell me it might be because the Smash Bros file size is too big.

Magus73

Smash Rookie
I have the same issue here in Australia. Checked it out and quite a few people are reporting it on various sites. The Nintendo of America site has this below. Which does not really make any sense. Fortunately I have not played that many hours on the cartridge copy.

009-1502

Error Code: 009-1502
Situation:

When attempting to download add-on content (DLC) for a game, the error code 009-1502 is displayed with message "An error has occurred. Please try again later."

Information:

There may be a problem with the add-on content. We are working on resolving this situation. Please try downloading the content at a later time.

Thank you for your patience.

MCPhatman

Smash Rookie
Since I'm not allowed to post links yet an update from a different website.

"Not to be a downer, but you may simply have to wait for a bit. The most recent Nintendo 3DS system update seems to have had some unintentional side effects, including having updated systems no longer be able to connect to Nintendo Zone hot spots, and a possible taunt glitch that causes the control pad to become unresponsive while playing online within the Super Smash Bros for Nintendo 3DS game itself, among other things. Keep trying throughout the day for a few days to see if it'll eventually work. If it doesn't, contact Nintendo using their support line at 1-800-255-3700 and speak to a rep there. They can provide you with information on where to go from there."

So if any American can call and find out I'd love to hear it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom