• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Erie PA , Saturday June20/27th, Brawl Tournament!

Yuma

Smash Rookie
Date: June 20

7300 Grubb Road
McKean, PA 16426

814.790.4973 (church number)
814.464.6121 (my cell (texting preferred due to lack of minutes))

Doors open to the venue at 12... i will be setting up around then so feel free to come and play till the tournament :D
Friendlies are at 12:30
Tournament beings at: 1pm
Ends when the tournament is over.

Entry Fee:
$5 singles
10 dollars will be taken out of the total price for venue fee.. (sorry guys >.>)

Format and Rules

* Cash Prize Splits: 60/30/10
* No items.
* Three Stocks.
* Time Limit will be set to eight minutes. Ties determined by percent/stock.

* If turnout is large:
* All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are single matches (best of 3 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)
* Stage bans: each player may ban one stage after stage striking occurs.
* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* If turnout is small:
* All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)

* Stage striking for first stage (players may agree on a stage or random)
* Bring your own controller.
* Any dispute will for port / who strikes first will be determined by a coin flip.
* Stalling is banned.
* Standing Infinities are BANNED which include (but not limited to) Dedede's small-step chain grab, Marth on Ness grab-release, wobbling with ice climbers, etc.
* If players match is called and no player is present after 2 minutes. Auto-Forfeit of match.

Starters:
Lylat
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Counters:
Brinstar
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Castle Siege
Rainbow Cruise
Halberd
Pokémon Stadium 1

Banned:
*Everything else.

IMPORTANT INFO TO BE SPECIFIED.
Stage striking - Players take turns choosing a stage NOT to be played as fist match until one stage is left.

PLEASE POST IF YOU WILL ATTEND!

Attendents: Updated: 6-19-09 (These people said they would come!)
1. Yuma
2. Miu
3. Dr. J
4. Bix
5. ZeRox
6. Phillyrider807
7. Bus
8. Ult V
9. Alex Y.
10. Zozma
11. Zach C.
12. Jeff
13. Clinton
14. CREWS
15. CREWS's Friend 1
16. CREWS's Friend 2
17. Space thing
18. Josh P.
19. Kawaiiness
20. crew ( not from smash boards )

Invited.. not accepted yet.
1. (Sora!)?

Important edits are in red!

D

Deleted member

whoever's hosting this call me we need to talk.

Last edited by a moderator:

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Umbreon said in the other topic that he called the store and they had no idea they were hosting a tournament. If this tourney is really happening ill come. It's only about a half hour away.

Yuma

Smash Rookie
Important!!

Alright.. here is the deal.. Gamestop basically screwed us out of tournament they didn't know i was charging $5 for a prize pot. They found out when umbreon called and they said i cant do it.. we basically have a few options now.

1. Best Buy will host it but, it has to be free and they said they will provide their own prize (probably a gift card.. not much)

2. Possibly a friends basement, it would be harder to find then a big building, but we could have cash prizes.

3. I am contacting my old high school on 5-29-09 to see if they will open it for the tournament day.

4. I called umbreon and he suggested church basements... so i will search some more today and tomorrow then will update it again soon

Sorry about this. I wasn't aware of the no charge rule from gamestop.

Everything will continue on same date.. just another building once i find one.

-_-..

Check first post!!! NEW VENUE!!!!!!!

-Crews-

a Strawhat Pirate
umbreon is in erie? wtf. i had no clue

EDIT: how about this, would it be possible to host it at game stop or best buy and just kinda give u the money without them knowing? that might actually work out better cause not only would top three or two or w/e get money prizes, but they could get the gift card as well. or you could give the money to the top two and give third the gift card. in isn't exactly honest but it could work.

2nd EDIT: @ umbreon, you should unlock the Erie thread just incase we find somewhere to go. worst case scenario is that this won't happen. if that's the case, he can just let us all know here.

Zozma

Smash Rookie
How many of you actually live in Erie? You guys should message me if you do, I've been looking for some people to play with since all my good friends are back at college.

Yuma

Smash Rookie
ALRIGHT!!!! I FOUND A NEW VENUE!!!!!!!!!!!!! :DDDD

I have contacted embreon about it... and have updated the first post to include the new address and new details XD

edit: umbreon said his friend will unlock my post.. is that you zozma?

edit:
Zozma said:
How many of you actually live in Erie? You guys should message me if you do, I've been looking for some people to play with since all my good friends are back at college.
me.. miu.. bix.. ult v are the best of my friends that live in erie. ^_^

wavedashdoc

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone I'm wavedashdoc and I'm helping Yuma organize this tournament.....

We have a NEW LOCATION!!!

Once again to confirm : the tournament will now be held at GRACE CHURCH! here is the address [7300 Grubb Road McKean, PA 16426]

Hope to see you all there!

In the mean time...if you want to play send me a message! I live in Erie along with Yuma, Miu, Ult V.....

D

Deleted member

You're on top of your ****. Props.

Also I won a teams tournament in philly today, if you guys think you want to expand to a state or regional level and want to copy me.

edit: you should make topics in Canada and Midwest regional zones, as you might gather some interest from cleveland or niagara, both of which are a quick drive (2 hours).

Yuma

Smash Rookie
hmm.. not really to be honest >.>... OH WAIT!

Food and drinks.....

Bring anything you want to have to drink/eat.. (share or not doesnt matter) There is a drink vending machine close to the gym.. i havent checked for a snack one yet..

I think we might have enough systems to do best 2 of 3 for every match instead of only finals (3 of 5 for finals)

Other then that... i am just hoping that everybody that is signed up shows up :p seeing as its not a HUGE turnout.. but not too small either

Yuma

Smash Rookie
Food And Drinks!

Alright.. like i said there is a vending machine there (or was told).. I will be brining some coke and root beer... also Bix (karl) and I will also be bringing some water bottles with kool aid powder single things.....

As far as food goes.. i will probably bring in some pretzel sticks and chips.. never done this before and dont have a whole ton of cash to blow on food n drinks XD.. so i hope this is good enough..

Yuma

Smash Rookie
Results of the tourny

Text results..

SSBB
6/20/2009
16-man bracketw

1 Kawaiiness : $46.20
2 Phil : $13.20 (Zozma)
3 Richard : $6.60 (Kalnx)
4 Josh (Ult V)
5 John (Dr. J)
5 Greg (Space Thing)
7 Amber (miu)
7 L (L)
9 Clinton (Rei)
9 ugean (ugean)
9 Alton (ZeRox)
9 Anthony (Yuma)
13 Josh P
13 Karl (Bix)
13 Dan (Bus)
13 Lex (2Late)

M@v

Subarashii!
Results of the tourny

Text results..

SSBB
6/20/2009
16-man bracketw

1 Kawaiiness : $46.20
2 Phil : $13.20 (Zozma)
3 Richard : $6.60 (Kalnx)
4 Josh (Ult V)
5 John (Dr. J)
5 Greg (Space Thing)
7 Amber (miu)
7 L (L)
9 Clinton (Rei)
9 ugean (ugean)
9 Alton (ZeRox)
9 Anthony (Yuma)
13 Josh P
13 Karl (Bix)
13 Dan (Bus)
13 Lex (2Late)
good stuff kawaii

Kawaiiness

Smash Rookie
L and I are thinking of going to a tourney in columbus this saturday. If anyone would like to come, please PM me.

Kallinx

Smash Rookie
Kalnx here. Great tournament. Had a lot of fun trying out my Wolf in some serious matches

ZeroX159

Smash Rookie
We definantly need to have another tournament soon this one was so much fun lol

D

Deleted member

good, now that this is over, everyone PM me names with AIM names or phone numbers so I have some people to play when I go home in august.

Top Bottom