• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Epic Overkill

TombStone

Smash Journeyman
EDIT: It seems like we're trying to create the most overkill scenario possible now: a Shuckle (with way too many boosts) murdering a deprived Shedninja.

Btw, we're tired of hearing smart-alec magikarp splash remarks. So if thats what you are here to do, please note that you are a noob incapable of any original thought (and it's time for you to cut yourself). Thank you, and have a nice day.

Original post:
I was just watching a battle between some friends not too long ago. The following clip is towards the end of the battle:
genephage: gg man
solix: no yet
solix: not*
solix switched in Aerodactyl (lvl 100 Aerodactyl).
Kingdra used Surf.
It's super effective!
A critical hit!
Aerodactyl lost 386% of its health.
solix's Aerodactyl fainted.
Rain continues to fall.
---
Tombstone4390: LMAOOOO
solix: **** wtfffff
genephage: ahahaha
solix: how did u go frst??
genephage: swift swim
Tombstone4390: *****
Tombstone4390: that was epic
Tombstone4390: 386%
Tombstone4390: NOW its a good game
solix: dam...
solix: so much for Dclaw
Kingdra STABs a super effective, critical hit Surf in the rain while holding a Mystic Water (those things have a 20% boost now). I lol'd pretty hard when I read the turn transcript.

Anyone else ever have a battle where an epic ownage like that happens?

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
Nerd................
It looks like you came to the wrong forum if that surprised you.
Was this originally posted at a different forum before being moved? Because as far as I know, most Pokemon stuff resides here (although I do have to admit, this is somewhat a waste of a thread...).

First of all, this is techinically a battle log, so this should in the "Share your Battles" thread.

Anyways, I'd like to see a:

Lv. 100 Choice Specs +6 Max. Special Attack Helping Handed Heatran using Overheat with Flash Fire activated, during the sun, and a critical hit

on...

Lv. 1 -6 Min. Special Defense Dry Skin Paras.

Now THAT is overkill. In fact, according to MetalKid's caculator, the damage done is...

312,645.45% - 367,818.18%.

:dizzy:

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

ss118

Smash Master
Try a 5 turn Rollout from a Power Tricked Shuckle with +6 Attack against a lvl 1 Shedinja with -6 Defense getting a critical hit

D

Deleted member

Well, i guess A belly drummed, STAB, Critical Hitted Dynamic Punch from machamp on a FEAR rattata counts as overkill, even though it didnt actually kill, but the rattata commited honerable suicide afterwards (hurt it self in its confusion).

mood4food77

Smash Hero
AHAHAHA^

anyways

how about

a belly drum (or maybe 3 iron defenses) smeargle BP to a shuckle that has just power swapped and defensed curled that has expert belt equipped and just CH'd

on a poor level 1 -6 def, ledyba with minimal defense and lowest HP possible

and you wanna talk overkill?!?!?

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i think it'll do more on a paras being 4x weak

but nothing beat my ledyba

the same thing will work on a combee

Shiri

Smash Chump
i think it'll do more on a paras being 4x weak

but nothing beat my ledyba

the same thing will work on a combee
:yoshi: Actually, it would do literally hundreds of times more damage to Shedinja with percents.

You have to factor in that whole 1 HP thing when dealing with percents like this.

Also, why does everyone always want to add Defense Curl to a Rollout calculation? Doesn't it just boost turn one of Rollout to turn two damage?

mood4food77

Smash Hero
no, the base power of rollout is doubled

so during the last one, it's a 1440 base power attack off of a 230 base attack that has +6 attack boost onto something that is 4 times weak, and has a 1.2 power boost for being super effective...

TombStone

Smash Journeyman
Nerd................
Screw you, dip****. Go back to trolling the brawl forums.

To you morons who troll the forums, I'm terribly sorry if you think this was a nerdy thread (nerdy? wtf). Screw off and go geek out in the brawl prediction forums (or whatever they are). Because you know, what you say and think really does matter there.

It looks like you came to the wrong forum if that surprised you.
Really now? Yes, posting here means we are nerdy. Of course, posting a surprised reaction means I'm a total geek. You know what? Go join the aforementioned dip**** trolling other forums.

Was this originally posted at a different forum before being moved? Because as far as I know, most Pokemon stuff resides here (although I do have to admit, this is somewhat a waste of a thread...).

If this is in reference to blackshadow, he/it is flaming the regulars here, not saying I posted this in the wrong section...And yeah, sorry I wasted your precious forum time. I was kind of bored with all the old "what's your favorite ___ pokemon" threads...

First of all, this is techinically a battle log, so this should in the "Share your Battles" thread.

The rest of the battle was pretty bad =/

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99
Well, i guess A belly drummed, STAB, Critical Hitted Dynamic Punch from machamp on a FEAR rattata counts as overkill, even though it didnt actually kill, but the rattata commited honerable suicide afterwards (hurt it self in its confusion).
LOL, that is the sort of thing I was asking about.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
....that doesn't OHKO though.....

nothing will beat a shuckel (that has max attack, power switch, defense curl, rollout with an expert belt equipped) hitting either a ledyba, combee, or a shedinja, who are at level 1, with min health and min def (both lowest possible)

and you wanna talk OVERKILL

but still, nothing beats the machamp on ratata

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
Guys, do remember that you can Skill Swap Pure Power to Shuckle. :evil:

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
No, this is overkill.

Magikarp using Splash on a Specsmence.
Please GTFO of this forum.

So, so far wii have:

Lv. 100 Shuckle
+6 Defense (Acid Armor, Iron Defense)
Skill Swaped Pure Power
Switcherooed Choice Band (because Shuckle will have to Power Trick, then start Rollout)
Max. Defense (for Power Trick)
Rollout
Defense Curl
Critical Hit
Helping Hand

on...

Lv. 1 Combee, Ledyba, or Shedinja
-6 Special Defense (Screech)
Min. Defense

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

mood4food77

Smash Hero
no

swicherooed after it defense curls

so it'll do even more damage

we're going to have to have a bunch of smeargles with focus sashes and BP to BP that defense down

who can skill swap, i don't remember how it works

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
no

swicherooed after it defense curls

so it'll do even more damage

we're going to have to have a bunch of smeargles with focus sashes and BP to BP that defense down

who can skill swap, i don't remember how it works
Mostly Psychic types, as well as some Pokemon that arn't Psychic, but use psychokinetic p0w3rz, like Butterfree and Venomoth.

http://www.serebii.net/attackdex-dp/skillswap.shtml

Skill Swap is when the Pokemon trade abilities.

This means wii'll have to Skill Swap Pure Power from Medicham to Smeargle, then from Smeargle to Shuckle, then send out Lopunny or something to Switcheroo Choice Band onto Shuckle. This is assuming the +6 Defense boosts and such were already performed.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

Edit: We can do this in a Double Battle, too, because Cherrim's ability, Flower Gift, can boost Shuckle's stats if the sun is out, and Cherrim has Helping Hand.

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
A Choice Specs, Modest, 252spattk, 6+ spattk boost (Calm Minds) Dexoys's Psycho Boost on a Lv 1, Naive, -6 spdef (Metal Sound) Grimer...
That would work better on a Lv. 1 Croagunk, since Croagunk is 4x weak and has lower Special Defense IIRC.

Still, Psycho Boost can't compete with Rollout's Max. power when you factor in Defense Curl and the Metronome boosts.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
this thread got to a second page?
I... guess.

I believe wii hijacked this thread from Tombstone. :cool: This was originally about his "Epic Overkill", but then all of a sudden wii started "working on this formula" on how to do the most possible damage. So, I guess you could say wii saved this thread from an untimely doom.

Wii should so check this out on Shoddy when wii get eberything straightened out.

So far, wii need:

Shuckle @ Metronome / No item
Gluttony (Ability doesn't matter)
Impish
255 Def
- Rollout
- Power Trick
- Defense Curl
- filler

Medicham
Pure Power

Pokemon with Screech

...and on the opponent's team, wii'll need some Smeargle's, possibly a Pokemon with Switcheroo / Trick... etc.

@ Someone more organized and of a further developed mind
Please put together what wii'd need. I'm confusing myself. :(

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

TombStone

Smash Journeyman
I... guess.

I believe wii hijacked this thread from Tombstone. :cool: This was originally about his "Epic Overkill", but then all of a sudden wii started "working on this formula" on how to do the most possible damage. So, I guess you could say wii saved this thread from an untimely doom.

Wii should so check this out on Shoddy when wii get eberything straightened out.

So far, wii need:

Shuckle @ Metronome / No item
Gluttony (Ability doesn't matter)
Impish
255 Def
- Rollout
- Power Trick
- Defense Curl
- filler

Medicham
Pure Power

Pokemon with Screech

...and on the opponent's team, wii'll need some Smeargle's, possibly a Pokemon with Switcheroo / Trick... etc.

@ Someone more organized and of a further developed mind
Please put together what wii'd need. I'm confusing myself.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99
No kidding, lol. But this is more fun anyway.

Btw, are we going for overkill percent wise or HP wise? Because Shedninja's 1 HP will lead to massive percent damage, but ledyba's x4 weakness and base 30 defense will maximize theoretical HP damage. Either way, the procedure would work out the same.

Smeargle @ no item
Max Speed
-Screech
-Trick
-Skill Swap
-Splash (harmless filler move)

And yes, I'm going to list every attack. Moves marked with an asterisk* indicate it is meant as a harmless filler attack.

Medicham and Shedninja
VS
Vaporeon and Smeargle

Smeargle --> Skill Swap "Pure Power" from Medicham
Medicham --> Foresight*
Shedninja --> Sleep Talk*
Vaporeon --> Acid Armor
---
Smeargle --> Screech Shedninja
Medicham is swapped out for Magikarp w/ Choice Band
Vaporeon --> Acid Armor
---
Magikarp --> Splash*
Vaporeon --> Acid Armor
---
Magikarp --> Splash*
Vaporeon --> Baton Pass (to Shuckle)

CheckPoint: 4 turns in and we have a max Defense Shuckle, min Defense Shedninja, a Smeargle with Pure Power, and a filler pokemon (Magikarp) holding a Choice Band.

Smeargle --> Splash* (it goes first, so it must wait a turn until Shuckle swaps stats)
Magikarp --> Splash*
Shuckle --> Power Swap
---
Smeargle --> Skill Swap "Pure Power" onto Shuckle
Magikarp --> Splash*
Shuckle --> Defense Curl* (biding time for the Cband)
---
Smeargle --> Tricks Magikarps Band onto itself
Magikarp --> Splash* (now utterly worthless)
Shuckle --> Defense Curl
---
Smeargle --> Tricks ChoiceBand onto Shuckle
Magikarp --> Splashes for the last dam time
Shedinija --> Sleep Talk*
Shuckle --> Rollout @ Magikarp

CheckPoint: So now everything is good to go. Shedninja has min Defense, Shuckle has max attack, and Rollout has begun.

The next 3 turns have Shuckle owning someone other than Shedninja. On turn 12, the 5th and final hit of rollout utterly destroys Shedninja. A 12 turn set up is the fastest I could plan....

...um, how can we test this. I don't think shoddy has double battles....

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
I think Smogon has done this already. I'm trying to find the thread, but I can't find it. However, I do remember reading it, and you guys are on the right track anyway.

Proceed.

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
^ What was the exact formula used to achieve that outcome?

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

mood4food77

Smash Hero
basically how we are planning

anyways, i think we should have a bird poke with defog, just to make sure rollout hits

TombStone

Smash Journeyman
Last edited by MysticKenji : Yesterday at 08:59 PM. Reason: For great victory
Hahaha, omg too good. Good job with the screen shots.

basically how we are planning

anyways, i think we should have a bird poke with defog, just to make sure rollout hits
I was actually thinking of making Smeargle's filler move Sweet Scent. Should have the same effect with less mess.

Top Bottom