• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

English-Japanese Smash Dictionary(Melee) 英和辞典スマブラDX

Who has a better Yoshi?

• aMSa

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • Leffen

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • mario123007

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters

jdmelody

Smash Apprentice
Hello smashers! I'm JellyManKelly, I am currently living in Japan, and after getting into the smash scene a little bit, I found myself wanting to be able to talk about smash in Japanese more and more. Even though I am fluent, there is really no way to describe what you're talking about with smash unless you know the exact vocabulary.

Despite how many guides and videos explaining advanced techniques there are in English, there are surprisingly very few in Japanese.

In an attempt to make it easier for foreign smashers in Japan to join the community a little easier, help Japanese people communicate with other players around the world, and to hopefully increase the size of the smash community in Japan, me and a player named "Tohyo," from Japan have taken the liberty of creating this list of smash vocabulary. We have only started, and the google doc usage may be temporary. Please note that eventually I will have Romaji readings for the Japanese words as well, but that takes some time, and right I just want to get the basics finished.

I don't feel safe letting others edit or copy/paste etc., so if you have some time, please take a look, let me know if there is something you think should be on there, or if you see something that we missed (which is a lot), and please comment below!

Click HERE to view the dictionary!

We're counting on the community to make our community even bigger! We need everyone's help!

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
It wasn't a serious question, but thanks for contributing to the real point of the thread.
And whoa! Why is my username up there? I'm definitely not the best Yoshi lol.

20YY SS | Saiblade

Obviously not biased towards Falco
3DS FC
3239-4949-5301
Currently in the process of making Japanese my fourth language, so I'll definitely try to help as soon as I can!

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Leffen did use Yoshi in tournaments when he started, but he swiftly switched to Fox. Kinda like what M2K did with Mewtwo.
Oh yeah, now I remember. But I thought that he was a Falco main as well.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Are you actually a known Yoshi player or are you just friends with OP?
Of course not, like they said before that poll is just a joke. I was kind of stunned to see my username on the poll.

And what's friends with OP?

Top Bottom