• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Endorsement and Merchendise:You either love it or hate it

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GreatSaiyaKirby

I hope endorsement means what I think it means (When I called this franchising I noticed it was wrong, sorry about that).
Personally I think endorsement is good, it is over-endorsement that is bad. All the things like Harry Potter and Jimmy Neutron are examples of over-endorsement. One sponser is ok, two is acceptable, go over that and you look bad (IMO).

Hopefully you have noticed how many forms Harry Potter has taken (book, movie, toys, card game, casting stones). In my book this is too many, it is ok to have 3 or less forms, too many and you look bad.

Jimmy Neutron is different, It has been endorsed by too many companies (IMO). Dairyley and Kelloggs are just examples of how many sponsers it has.

I have seen Harry Potter and it was ok, but I think they went a bit too far with all the merchandise.

I haven't seen Jimmy Neutron but it looks cheezy "You scared the begeebuz out of me". You have to admit that sounds stupid. The concept is also unoriginal (Boy genius idea already done by Dexter's Laboratory).

The robot dog advert is a bad influence (it encourages pet abandonment) and the spoon offer was a bad idea (who's gonna use a spoon that small?)

I don't mean to offend or insult fans of Harry Potter and Jimmy Neutron, I just wanted to open a window of discussion.

I am sorry if I have made any mistakes like I did before, please forgive me :o
--------------------------------------------------
"Sorry about your begeebaz mum"-Jimmy Neutron

<small>[ March 31, 2002, 05:06 PM: Message edited by: GreatSaiyaKirby ]</small>

Bumble Bee Tuna

Dolphin-Safe
BRoomer
This isn't so much a debate as an opinion. For it to be a debate, we need to have some sort of course of action to be for or against, such as "Should the government ban endorsements?", Which is absurd. So you don't like endorsements of products you don't like? Big deal! Other people do.
If I were the mod of this room, which I may be in the future, I would close this.

-B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom