• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Endless Ages- FPS MMORPG

PeterTheLeader

Smash Rookie
It's only in Beta, but the game is definitely worth a try.

It's called Endless Ages and is the only FPS MMORPG there is (Face of Mankind is dead, for all you technical people); theres magic, shape shifting into creatures, guns, and melee weapons all put in a futuristic setting (You get jet packs and fly around), 4 races (there are race orbs you can shape shift into, so only need 1 character to do all the quests!), a plethora of skills (skills level as you use them, but as you gain skills it's harder to gain others) and a great community. Best of all, the game is free, with possible purchase of items that aren't over powered. To start, follow these directions:

1. Download and install the game at http://files.filefront.com/ea+livesetupexe/;10006542;/fileinfo.html
2. Download and install the latest patch [version 1.5] (the auto down loader is broken for some reason) at http://www.endless-ages.com/planet-iia-discussions/manual-patches-updated-7-9-08-a-t1229/
3. Run the game and create the account through the game window (creating an account on the website is currently broken).
4. Enjoy a game that's one-of-a-kind.

I wouldn't mind giving anyone some help that starts out and normally if you ask in the chat you'll get some friendly replies (name is PeterTheLeader).

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I'd try it out but I don't have that much space, it's kind of funny because I just started downloading Half Life 1 and it should come out to around that size. I might try it out some other time, what are the requirements?

PeterTheLeader

Smash Rookie
I don't know what the requirements are, but it isn't some multi-million dollar company, it's focus is gameplay and not graphics. I'd say anything normal 3-4 years ago is safe. I have a gig of ram and an AMD 64 processor. I'm well above the requirements, the game never slows down.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
You were wrong on the only FPS MMORPG thing. Combat Arms is one of those too.

Anyway, I might try out the game. I already have like five MMOs on my computer though, so I doubt I'll be playing it anytime soon.

PeterTheLeader

Smash Rookie
Combat arms is, as I thought, is NOT an FPS MMORPG. It's an arena-based game. MMORPG are worlds that are not instanced by scenarios and many people are in them. WoW is a MMORPG, Ever Quest is an MMORPG, Counter Strike is not an MMORPG, Warrock is not an MMORPG, Battlefield games aren't MMORPG's. Sorry, but I am right and it is the only MMORPG out there.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
This game is STILL in beta?

I first played it in Alpha in like 200- while I was in high school. It was completely awful.

PeterTheLeader

Smash Rookie
Some people restarted the game and are doing something with it. You can try it, it's probably different than what you played before.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Combat arms is, as I thought, is NOT an FPS MMORPG. It's an arena-based game. MMORPG are worlds that are not instanced by scenarios and many people are in them. WoW is a MMORPG, Ever Quest is an MMORPG, Counter Strike is not an MMORPG, Warrock is not an MMORPG, Battlefield games aren't MMORPG's. Sorry, but I am right and it is the only MMORPG out there.
Its an online multiplayer game, where you roleplay as a soldier.

Sounds like an MMO to me.

But whatever. That's off-topic. Do you have screens or videos of the game?

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
The graphics were mediocre at best, the gun movement seemed jerky and unresponsive, and some of the comments were saying that the game sucked.

Eh, I'm gonna pass.

Top Bottom