• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Endlag on the Charge is Atrocious

Shokio

Netplay 4 Days
NNID
Shokio
To begin, I don't even play Lucas.

Ok now that that is out of the way, why in the world is there 1000 frames of endlag when Lucas cuts off his charge? The charging process was made longer, which is a nerf I agree with, but because of that he should be allowed to move out of charging fairly quickly. Not instantly, not too safely, but reasonably quickly. The animation he does when canceling the charge is just atrocious and highly unnecessary.

I feel that a Lucas should be able to throw someone, charge, and be able to cut it off and move before the opponent can get back at them. Literally, he's interrupted charging is highly punishable, it's silly.

Again, I don't play Lucas, so maybe there's something I don't know, and I don't necessarily know if the endlag was intentional or not by the Dev Team, but as of right now I think it needs to be reduced, definitely. Thoughts?

Last edited:

X-Rey

Smash Rookie
The lag from stopping mid-charge was actually shortened from 40 frames -> 30 frames but I know what you mean when it feels like it takes forever to do anything afterwards. It might be the timing from charging and then stopping combined that makes it feels like it takes forever.

I'm pretty sure the Dev Team meant to cut the frames down on mid-charge in order for players to think about going for multiple short charges instead of one large charge, but for that to work, there does need to be a little less endlag for it to be a more appealing options for players. With shortening the endlag though, you could also run into the problem of never getting rid of Lucas having a charge all of the time (which was why they lengthen the charge in the first place) so that would need more fine tuning.

IamElise

Smash Rookie
I don't think anybody really noticed, because nobody stopped mid-charge, because you'd PKO so fast it wasn't funny

zFrost

how do i title
NNID
z13124
charging it even after killing someone doesnt get u a full charge half the time, i'm still onboard that they overnerfed lucas a bit

Kipcom

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kipcom
3DS FC
4725-7977-1418
charging it even after killing someone doesnt get u a full charge half the time, i'm still onboard that they overnerfed lucas a bit
Hm? Lucas will pretty much always get a full charge if you kill off the top, which Lucas does more often compared to his other methods of killing. He'll also have time to move around before they can drop down to attack you. Off the side and while edge guarding though? You're definitely right about that. You pretty much never get a full charge off of those kills, and if you try to, you get punished extremely hard.

zFrost

how do i title
NNID
z13124
thing is everyone knows lucas kills off the top so they di for it, i mixup backthrows and whatnot to get kills off the side from their bad di lmao, unless ofc upthrow would guarantee kill

Last edited:

RU1N

Smash Rookie
The lag from stopping mid-charge was actually shortened from 40 frames -> 30 frames but I know what you mean when it feels like it takes forever to do anything afterwards. It might be the timing from charging and then stopping combined that makes it feels like it takes forever.

The mid charge lag was shortened from 40 -> 30 ... yes.... but keep in mind the full charge was made 3 times longer.... and 30 frames of endlag is still MASSIVE..... it is kind of like the difference between cool down of 60 to 50 or 50 to 40..... the endlag is still so huge.... You will be getting punished unless your opponent is dead or in the furthest reaches of the blast zones. I agree with Shokio 100%. Lucas should be able to viably charge midway without having to risk so much. I understand the risk/ reward mentality, but given that he risks losing his charge if he misses a smash attack, he should not have to risk so easily being punished when he successfully knocks somebody off stage. It takes extremely strong gameplay to knock an opponent off stage with this version of Lucas, and his reward for that should be to be able to charge up at LEAST SOME, safely. . . NOT risk getting punished for his punish. It is silly as Shok said. Some endlag should be there, yes. . . but significantly less..

Top Bottom