• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

End Credits Minigame Ideas?

Spazznid

Smash Cadet
I'm VERY much betting that the Melee type end credit shooting minigame is going to make a comeback. Except this time, you can use the Wii-mote and actually aim at them with it.

Come to think of it.... I can't think of any other ideas for it...

MAYBE, it would show a little movie thing (like the tiny ones that showed after beating the game in Melee) with the credits scrolling down...

Anyone else got some idears???

khold

Smash Apprentice
I'm for the shooting minigame again. Especially with the Wiimote.

Just as long as you can fast-forward through 'em with the START button of course.

CodeRed

Smash Apprentice
I liked playing that at the end of the credits and would enjoy seeing it make a comeback, but considering this is Super Smash Bros. I think we will see something new.

Florida

イーグランツ
This kind of thing would be fun to do with the new Wii Zapper :p
I'm all for the shooting end-credits coming back, although after a year or so of owning Melee, I stopped with the shooting and just let it slide along.

heety9

Smash Journeyman
Maybe a different minigame for each series? Like if you're using Fox, it'll be a Starfox minigame? etc? Or maybe it'll just be a random minigame out of like, 10.

Tsen

Smash Journeyman
i'm all for the different minigame per character thing except in a general attack specialization like if you beat it with a sword user you have to slice down the names with the wiimote...i'm sure anything requiring you to burn calories will be added, gg exercise

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
i'm all for the different minigame per character thing except in a general attack specialization like if you beat it with a sword user you have to slice down the names with the wiimote...i'm sure anything requiring you to burn calories will be added, gg exercise
That sounds amazing. But what about HandtoHand combat characters? They can't shoot stuff down, because Fox and ZSS will be doing that...along with WOLF O'DONNELL FOR BRAWL.

Tsen

Smash Journeyman
well the h2h toons should get a mini like hmm.....they should have the names of the people on like wood boards then you totally karate chop em in half but they can appear anywhere on screen, top bottom front side-to-side omg wiimote swinging madness

usea

Smash Ace
I think that a horizontally scrolling level that you actually run around on would be interesting.

Basically, whichever character you won with, you would play on this stage. The stage would have no bottom on it, and would continuously scroll to the right. The "platforms" would be the credits themselves, in the shape of the names and responsibilities of those involved in the game's development. You could run along them, jumping and such to stay alive, or you could just let yourself die. There could be pipes, coin blocks, ladders, bumpers, all kinds of stuff to stop you from getting to the end.

Exorcist

Smash Journeyman
A good'ole fashion Wii'mote shooter would be cool. Instead of a space fight I'd like it if it were a first person view of someone sneaking into a kind of base all stealth like and shooting enemies along the way.

But really if the end-game minigame is "how many boners could you fit in your characters mouth" I know that Sakurai would still find a way to make it fun.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
I think that a horizontally scrolling level that you actually run around on would be interesting.

Basically, whichever character you won with, you would play on this stage. The stage would have no bottom on it, and would continuously scroll to the right. The "platforms" would be the credits themselves, in the shape of the names and responsibilities of those involved in the game's development. You could run along them, jumping and such to stay alive, or you could just let yourself die. There could be pipes, coin blocks, ladders, bumpers, all kinds of stuff to stop you from getting to the end.
THIS IDEA FTW!

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
Since the development team for Brawl is so much larger than melee, the "shoot the developers names!" game could end up taking longer than the actual 1 player mode :laugh:

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Eh, nothing too complicated. The way they did it in Melee (same generic background with franchise-specific music) is fine. They could just change the background to something different and excitintg.

usea's idea would seem really cool, but credits should be something you at least have the option of just sitting back and watching. Therefore, I vote for keeping it the way it is, more or less.

usea

Smash Ace
Eh, nothing too complicated. The way they did it in Melee (same generic background with franchise-specific music) is fine. They could just change the background to something different and excitintg.

usea's idea would seem really cool, but credits should be something you at least have the option of just sitting back and watching. Therefore, I vote for keeping it the way it is, more or less.
Well like I said, you don't have to do anything if you don't want. Your character would just fall off the bottom and die and the credits would keep scrolling by. You don't have to play if you don't want, the level is scrolling on its own.

Spazznid

Smash Cadet
Usea's idea seems to be the best I've heard so far.
But maybe more like a type of Ice Climbers stage where the screen keeps scrolling up and the names (as platforms) would go down. The background could change to different franchises, or maybe show pictures from SSBB's developement or something. then as you make your way to the top, you can find trophies and stickers.

And if you just wanna sit back, you will just have ur character die (no consequences other than not getting trophies/stickers) and then it might say "Press START to Spawn" or something...

GREAT IDEA USEA!!

vesperview

Smash Hero
I'm VERY much betting that the Melee type end credit shooting minigame is going to make a comeback. Except this time, you can use the Wii-mote and actually aim at them with it.

Come to think of it.... I can't think of any other ideas for it...

MAYBE, it would show a little movie thing (like the tiny ones that showed after beating the game in Melee) with the credits scrolling down...

Anyone else got some idears???
isn't what you just said the exact same thing? anyway, I never really cared for the shooting the names part of the credits, I was usually just waiting to see what trophy I got.

Tsen

Smash Journeyman
The most important thing to the creators is not the minigame however but that the names in the credits appear as clearly as possible to avoid any situation in which they could be sued so it would have to be something simple in fact

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
I liked the shooting, loved getting a huge load of shots.. I forgot when was the last time I did so..

It was fun though even without a full point to it.

-Onyx

Top Bottom