• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EmuLinker X v2.0!

toazron1

Smash Rookie
I suggest putting the code up on github or bitbucket to make it easier for people to collaborate.

caneut

Smash Ace
When will emulinker be good enough to the point where I can slap the controller out of the hands of anyone who picks hyrule online?

Compatible

Smash Cadet
Streak and I played for over an hour on Smash FU yesterday without a drop or desync (only had 8 frames of lag when we quit). The reason why we stopped was to play teams. I want to say thank you.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
the issues with Smash FU Chicago were resolved.

Now BOTH Smash FU Chicago and Smash FU New York are running Emulinker X 2.0.2

Last edited:

minocks

Smash Rookie
Apparently it's work is good!
Emulinker AdminClient X is incompatible with this server! :(:(
But it is no longer possible to compile a adminclient for this server :ohwell: I tried to compile a AdminClient under the name (Emulinker X Admin Client v 1.1), as contained in the source of the server. But the list of users having problems, there is a soda to access the server.

R

Rey_del_Copo

I just wanted to say thank you, I've played for 2 hours without an desync (in "Good" connection setting). Definitely the problems of the past with previous versions of the EmuLinker are gone.

Also I'm looking at the To-Do list and my doubt is: What's the funcion of the /swap command and why needs to be fixed?

Really good work, very appreciated!

santoscrew

Smash Rookie
I'm trying to serve, but can't get the server to start. sh start-server.sh gives me this output:
Code:
: not foundr.sh: 1: start-server.sh:
The original emulinker server (emulinker-kaillera-server-1.0.2) works, no problem. What gives?

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
the command is ./server.sh and ./kill-server.sh, you have to be in the directory where those sh files are as well

to navigate directories use cd FOLDERNAMEHERE

Typhoon_Master

Smash Rookie
Did you use openjdk-7 or oracle java for linux systems?
I installed openjdk-7-jdk via apt-get on a ubuntu server, but every time i try to start server.sh i get an error:
Code:
konnte nicht gefunden oder geladen werden.pico.PicoStarter
which means "could not find or load: pico.PicoStarter"

any help?

Typhoon_Master

Smash Rookie
i had that problem before, it happened when i didn't copy over some files; gotta copy over the whole lib folder and make sure it's all 1:1

here's the one directly from the server Smash FU NY
thank you for your help
i downloaded all files directly with wget and extracted everything there, but still no success :(

//edit
i also tried it with the oracle version of java, but it seems that emulinker 2.0.2 just does not run on ubuntu server.

Last edited:

Typhoon_Master

Smash Rookie
Okay i now found out, that when i do the exact same command in the *.sh directly in shell it works?
How can that be?

//edit
okay i finaly got it! :-)
*.sh files have to be saved with linux line-endings ;)

Last edited:

santoscrew

Smash Rookie
Okay i now found out, that when i do the exact same command in the *.sh directly in shell it works?
How can that be?

//edit
okay i finaly got it! :-)
*.sh files have to be saved with linux line-endings ;)
Can you share your .sh files? :)

EDIT: Never mind, I just simply grabbed it from the original emulinker server :D

Last edited:

Typhoon_Master

Smash Rookie
nice one. :-)
i just opened it with notepad++ and saved it with linux line-endings. works also.

we play with nestopia, but it legs a lot. anyone can confirm this?

Justase

Smash Rookie
Really great work on V2.0.2! I am not sure if this is the forum for this, but I have a question that has been bugging me for years:
Let me preface:

I am a Mupen64++ beta player. I use this emu because my friends and I play Goldeneye mostly. The question is, why does Mupen (in my my experience anyways) always desync on EmulinkerSF and EMXv1.2 and up? There is one exception though- Demoncat tribe server was running the EMX 1.2 and we were able to play flawlessly on Mupen64++ there (until the 18 min cutoff lol) but at the same time, Smash FU/Galaxy/etc was also on EMX 1.2 and we would always desync right off the bat there. Now that the new EMX 2.0.2 is out, we tried again at SmashFU and we got the same result, DS literally 10 seconds into the game. We took our game to a v.86 server and everything works perfect (except slightly more delay and lag BUT no desync problems).

I have also tried all the above via hosting different version of the servers and we had the same results. When I hosted an EMX v2.0.2, we instantly DS'd. When I hosted the EMX v1.2, we had slightly more luck but still had DS issues. When I host kaillerasvr v.86, we have zero problems whatsoever, its just....I hate using that old server. It works, but I have no commands and there is more lag and delay. The few times we were able to play at Demoncat Server on the EMX v1.2, it was smooth as butter and I miss that feeling. IT was literally one of the few times in the past 6 years when we have had absolutely PERFECT lag-free games of 4 player Goldeneye, Marioparty, and Mariogolf.

I REALLY like the new emulinker servers, I just never have any luck with Mupen64++ on them most of the time. Everyone in our GE group has done clean mupen installs just to see if it was something wrong on our end but to no avail...

I hope I'm not breaking the rules by posting this in this thread but this is the thread that I originally came across when googling my problems.

Thanks and see you guys on kaillera!

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
Well that sucks, host a ge server on your own that doesn't have those problems; 2.0.2 works perfectly fine with smash. Good luck

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
Now that you and Firo are "all grown up," lets have a 5 year reunion and modernize this to perfection :D
I lost motivation before cause I was sorta doing 95% of the work, but I'm sure things would be much different now :)

What happened to your career as a rapper? ;)

- Owna

R

Rey_del_Copo

nice one. :-)
i just opened it with notepad++ and saved it with linux line-endings. works also.
Sorry for my ignorance but, what does mean: save the file with "linux line-endings"?

I'm having the same trouble when I try to execute the './server.sh' command in my server (using the PuTTy program).

Error: Could not find or load main class org.emulinker.kaillera.pico.PicoStarter

Last edited by a moderator:

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
you must allow permissions in the directory where there are .sh files

navigate to directory where there are .sh files, type chmod a+x *

this worked for me^

caneut

Smash Ace
everyone should donate to agent. if you've played several games online past 18 minutes and havent donated yet, you are a bitchmade ****boy

Jonn

Smash Apprentice
How do I use this? How do I even use mupen64plus?

Okay I figured out how to use mupen64plus thanks to this, but how do I use it in conjunction with Emulinker X?

Last edited:

Agent 21 iXi

Smash Rookie
Now that you and Firo are "all grown up," lets have a 5 year reunion and modernize this to perfection :D
I lost motivation before cause I was sorta doing 95% of the work, but I'm sure things would be much different now :)

What happened to your career as a rapper? ;)

- Owna
Sorry about the delay! I would love to work on this project more Owna. I stopped for a bit so that I could focus on school and work but now I'm back to focusing on this project and I'd love for you to help. I am still pursuin a career in music as well, I'm majoring in mass communication and music actually. But my minor is in computer science and I now actually know how to program unlike before lol. If you can, pm me here or add me on skype. My username is a21ixi. Hope to see you soon!

Last edited:

firo

Smash Ace
Agent/Owna, I am working on a new project with a friend to enable cross-platform netplay on mupen64plus with a new protocol, which will allow us to do more things and add more features faster beyond the limitations of kaillera. It's a bit too early for us to open it up to allow others to contribute, but once we do, it would be a great help.

Let me know you guys would be interested.

Agent 21 iXi

Smash Rookie
Agent/Owna, I am working on a new project with a friend to enable cross-platform netplay on mupen64plus with a new protocol, which will allow us to do more things and add more features faster beyond the limitations of kaillera. It's a bit too early for us to open it up to allow others to contribute, but once we do, it would be a great help.

Let me know you guys would be interested.

I am very interested, I've been studying as much as possible in preparation for a project like this, we need a better way to stay in contact as well. I have you on Facebook Firo, any other suggestions?

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
Hit up @ Shears Shears about this and ask about a secret price of software, I don't know what I can say about it other than he told me it will change smash64 online forever, worth conversing about with him at least

Shears

Smash Master
shears is hitler for witholding for money
Huh? I'm not withholding anything for money. Knitephox meant to say secret piece not secret price. My computer got fried at SSC and I had to get a new one so I lost all data and everything. I pulled out the hard drive and am going to see if I can extract everything from it. If not, I think the program is saved in an email and most work I've done is on my server but a lot of personal files and homemade gorpo vids might be lost.

firo

Smash Ace
Secret piece of software? What's the point of keeping things a secret? Don't have people spend time duplicating work if you have something that you think will have a positive impact. Why not develop it out in the open so that other people can help?

Santiago Santos

Smash Rookie
Translated by google translator ...
I hope it's the right place to comment.

I ask friends understood if the customer Kaillera 2011 is the best error-free version and recommended for use, and it's okay to use different versions of the client for a match online.
If so ... it would be interesting to a filter line in * access.cfg to allow or block Kaillera versions to connect to the server. "Just like old versions would be banned."
I have gone through several problems with my home server, where people come and drop with old Kaillera unfortunately here there is a help towards emulate and have fun, the owners of the other servers do not help and are knocking your, I would play my Nestopia, it's hard to find people like to emulate it.
If someone can demonstrate video, the problems of using the old customers, to be a reference point to use the 2011.
I think whoever uses old so Kaillera have in mind harm and not play online.
Please disregard the ignorance, if I talked nonsense, good emulation to everyone.

c0ke2

Smash Rookie
Hello Guys,

I downloaded and unzip "Emulinker X v2.0.2" also give permisson to .sh files with that command "chmod a+x *.sh" but still I got below error message. (btw v1.2 is working without problem)

"Error: Could not find or load main class org.emulinker.kaillera.pico.PicoStarter"

Anyone help me please...

caneut

Smash Ace
Hello Guys,

I downloaded and unzip "Emulinker X v2.0.2" also give permisson to .sh files with that command "chmod a+x *.sh" but still I got below error message. (btw v1.2 is working without problem)

"Error: Could not find or load main class org.emulinker.kaillera.pico.PicoStarter"

Anyone help me please...
KnitePhox KnitePhox he knows, i think theres some .net or java or some **** you gotta download before it works

all i know is, when I'm rooted to the server, inside the emulinker server i put the commands "chmod a+x" then "./start-server.sh" to start the server, "./ch kill-server.sh" to kill, sorry thats all i know :v

Last edited:

Uair

Banned via Warnings
KnitePhox KnitePhox he knows, i think theres some .net or java or some **** you gotta download before it works

all i know is, when I'm rooted to the server, inside the emulinker server i put the commands "chmod a+x" then "./start-server.sh" to start the server, "./ch kill-server.sh" to kill, sorry thats all i know :v
Yeah no.

Hello Guys,

Anyone help me please...
Open all .sh files in text editor then remove the extra blank line after the java code line to prevent issues with linux.

Last edited:

Remz

Smash Rookie
Just to let you know : the old Anti3D and EmuLinker.org official server lists have been recovered and is back online! It is fully compatible with this version of the server and the updated version found at https://EmuLinker.org. Just use a compatible kaillera.dll client (from EmuLinker.org) to get the EmuLinker server list. It is the only list showing the most active Smash Kaillera servers at the moment.

Last edited:
Top Bottom