• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(emulator) tilting, smashing, dashing, walking, jumping vs u tilting.

xeno

Smash Ace
In other words, how do you do sensitivity with a keyboard. Suggestions?
I can't seem to adjust the "deadzone" in P64k13's input btw, if that has anything to do with it.
Should I just buy an analog controller?

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
There's an option similar to deadzone for a controller for the keyboard avaliable in some input plugins.

Box_of_Fox

Smash Journeyman
Default stick range in Nrage's plugin will make a difference but probably not help. Jabo's plugin (the default one) is "decent" but less flexible.

You have two options:

1. Learn to deal with the advantages and disadvantages that come with playing on a keyboard.

-The disadvantages are no stand-tilting, or "tilting out of nothing" per se, there's only 8 cardinal directions to travel for Fox's up-B and 4 for Link's boomerang (instead of more "in-between directions), you'll need two keys for jumping (one for shorthops and the other for regular jumps and up-direction attacks), and SH-uairs are difficult to learn on a keyboard.

-The advantages are much better smash and ledge DI and easier fastfalling Fair attacks. Also, its free.

2. Get a controller. I suggest a madcatz 64-console controller if you do buy one.

xeno

Smash Ace
Ooh. I think I might get a controlla.
Actually, a friend of mine connected his N64 controller to pc somehow (or maybe it was just the control stick > mouse, I can't remember if he did the whole thing). That would rock ;). If not that I might check out a madcatz controlla.
Thanks!

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Pffft, today I will get so stoned that I will become better than Malva with the mouse and become the new hero of smash! you will all worship my scroll wheel...

I really want to try this out now LOL just for kicks.

Box_of_Fox

Smash Journeyman
Here we go--

Stick - mouse movement
A - left mouse click, hold to smash
B - right mouse click
Z - Scroll wheel click
Throw - Scroll wheel click + hold, let go to shield grab
Taunt - lift mouse off mouse-pad

_kSo_

Smash Master
wtf this thing got off topic really fast

if you change the sensitivity, you'll only be able to do one but not the other (you can walk, but cant run, can do smashes, but cant do tilts, etc)

so you gotta buffer the arrow keys to walk or do tilts. other than that the only advice i can give you is to buy a controller and get a USA/N64 adapter. they sell them on ebay

cmasterchoe

Smash Journeyman
controlla ftw. Keyboard's learning curve is pretty crazy. At least with the controller you already know what buttons to push, granted you'll probably never get the controller to have the same sensitivities as ur console. I wish i knew what kind of settings the controller on the console was set to..

_kSo_

Smash Master
u mean "emulator to match your console"? if i could play online as smoothly as console, i'd never leave my room

xeno

Smash Ace
Here we go--

Stick - mouse movement
A - left mouse click, hold to smash
B - right mouse click
Z - Scroll wheel click
Throw - Scroll wheel click + hold, let go to shield grab
Taunt - lift mouse off mouse-pad
Does this work? (besides the taunt obviously.)

Box_of_Fox

Smash Journeyman
wow well this thread became unfunny very quickly

and xeno, tell us how that setup works

lol

Top Bottom