• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Emulation Question, Please Help

slither1109

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone, I recently started playing smash bros using project64 and I noticed that when I die and spawn on the top of the level I am not half invisible. Damage cant be done to me for a few seconds but I look normal. Also when you get thrown to the ground or catch the edge. You don't become half invisible. :confused: I don't know why its not showing, is this just a setting in the emulator. Does anyone have any ideas? Or did you happen to notice this too?

-Alex

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I think you need a new graphic plugin, jabo 7.0 or something

DO you also see flat versions of mario's fireballs and is the shot from samus' neutral b invisible?

I have the same problem as you, I tried to fix it but it didnt work. I dont care anymore so Im not even trying to fix my graphics now I just got used to flat fireballs and invisible charge shots, and I really dont care about the flashy thing when invincible, I know exactly how long im invincible for.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
jabos direct 3d8 has everything but invinsability frames (Which your talking about)

jabos direct 3d7 has alot of things flat but has the invinsability frames.

So I recommend 3d7 if your want the flashy flash ^^

hambread

Smash Apprentice
or it could be your cpu's graphic card. if you have a really bad one or none at all, you will not see flashy invincible effects, invisible fox lasers and some other annoying stuff.

slither1109

Smash Rookie
I have an Intel Core 2 Duo with an Ati 1950xt and 2 gigs of ram. So im sure its not hardware related. I think they are right about the plugins. Im going to check it out. Thx guys!

nuro

Smash Lord
your problem shouldnt matter its really not that big of a deal

Dont get jabo7 its a waste of time. with jabo7 samus' fully charged beam will be a spec thus its worth staying with jabo8

rice or mupen plugins work great too but the background for some stages are funny

personally id stick with jabo8

cam`

Smash Apprentice
i'd stick with 8. you need to be able to counter invincibility frames without a visual cue, especially online

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Errr

or it could be your cpu's graphic card. if you have a really bad one or none at all, you will not see flashy invincible effects, invisible fox lasers and some other annoying stuff.
Umm, graph card has nothing to do with this, this is your grahics plugin like BHL said, but some people cant swich to the new JaBo 8.0, but if things like Flat shields and Fireballs...and unseeable Samus blasts then you coul try mupen, Mupen doesnt have those graphic errors

Top Bottom