• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elite Smash Needs Better Quality Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

1FC0

Smash Lord
Back when Elite Smash just started it was a decent challenge to stay in there. Being in Elite Smash meant being Elite. It also entailed being protected from having to deal with filthy casuals since Elite Smash acted as a wall that separated the elite of Smash from the filthy casuals.

However nowadays it is almost as if they let anyone into Elite Smash. They have reduced Elite Smash to a mere participation trophy. The figurative wall that Elite Smash once was has become so low that it is more like a sidewalk now and on it walks a huge horde of toddlers and morons.

I dread the possibility that those filthy casuals their data is going to be used to balance the game. They might just as well bring back SSBB MK and Smash 4 Bayonetta. Data from filthy casuals is going to sully the data of true elites like me like a disgusting stain of mold on a otherwise delicious ripe piece of fruit.

Nintendo ought to create a true place for elites where elite players of Smash like me can gather and talk among each other in the language that is Smash without their mind being defiled by the repulsive expressions of filthy casuals.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Back when Elite Smash just started it was a decent challenge to stay in there. Being in Elite Smash meant being Elite. It also entailed being protected from having to deal with filthy casuals since Elite Smash acted as a wall that separated the elite of Smash from the filthy casuals.

However nowadays it is almost as if they let anyone into Elite Smash. They have reduced Elite Smash to a mere participation trophy. The figurative wall that Elite Smash once was has become so low that it is more like a sidewalk now and on it walks a huge horde of toddlers and morons.

I dread the possibility that those filthy casuals their data is going to be used to balance the game. They might just as well bring back SSBB MK and Smash 4 Bayonetta. Data from filthy casuals is going to sully the data of true elites like me like a disgusting stain of mold on a otherwise delicious ripe piece of fruit.

Nintendo ought to create a true place for elites where elite players of Smash like me can gather and talk among each other in the language that is Smash without their mind being defiled by the repulsive expressions of filthy casuals.
lmfao, this can't be a serious post. I think it's the:

true elites like me
that's getting me. Good post OP, I laughed a little reading it.

Anyway, while I agree that Elite Smash has become easier to get in and stay in, I think it's because there's been a fairly mass exodus from Quickplay in general. After the hype died down, a lot of good players quit playing online, or have moved to Battle Arenas/Discord Matchmaking/Anthers(?) instead of rolling the dice with Quickplay any more. With less good players in quickplay, the skill floor is going to naturally go down for Elite Smash access. Also, people learned how to abuse their way to very high levels of Elite Smash by getting their GSP somewhat low, then rematching/pubstomping low level people well past 4 million GSP, since the GSP of people you start matchmaking at doesn't go up unless you stop rematching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom