• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Eggz VS Lunaris and Aftermath

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Wow, your fox played commendably! You're so freakin smart, ****it. You were playing in much the way that i modelled my recent fox after (although much better), and i definitely learned a few things about fighting sami from that. I recently got taken out of the winners bracket at a tourney by a samus player, and i realized i hadn't had much practice against too many good sami. i also recorded a set from that tournament against a sheik, and, since you're better than I, I'd much appreciated if you could check it out and give me some pointers on how to play a bit smarter (link in sig). Also, i really liked all your edgehog methods. Pretty effective, although, many of them seemed to not work all that great in those instances, but i can see them being pretty **** effective. Well, that's my two cents.

Eggz

Smash Hero
Wow, your fox played commendably! You're so freakin smart, ****it. You were playing in much the way that i modelled my recent fox after (although much better), and i definitely learned a few things about fighting sami from that. I recently got taken out of the winners bracket at a tourney by a samus player, and i realized i hadn't had much practice against too many good sami. i also recorded a set from that tournament against a sheik, and, since you're better than I, I'd much appreciated if you could check it out and give me some pointers on how to play a bit smarter (link in sig). Also, i really liked all your edgehog methods. Pretty effective, although, many of them seemed to not work all that great in those instances, but i can see them being pretty **** effective. Well, that's my two cents.
Thanks for the compliments and analysis Scotu, I'll be sure to check out your vids tomorrow. Can you send me a PM so I don't forget?

takieddine

Smash Master
Against the samus:
Don't try to powershield missiles, lol, I'm pretty sure the fox will end up losing.

Just ftilt, or nair them and make your approach. or simply jump over them(triple lasers give you less control).

You used your second jump twice off the edge instantly turning it into a firefox, where you got missiled.

Try different approaches from the edge, I saw too much ledgehop drill, got predictable, your opponents always gave themselves room. I would suggest a standard ledge attack or just a neutral get up.

Samus is to be laser camped as much as possible, due to her ability to up-b pretty much anything.

Eggz

Smash Hero
Against the samus:
Don't try to powershield missiles, lol, I'm pretty sure the fox will end up losing.

Just ftilt, or nair them and make your approach. or simply jump over them(triple lasers give you less control).

You used your second jump twice off the edge instantly turning it into a firefox, where you got missiled.

Try different approaches from the edge, I saw too much ledgehop drill, got predictable, your opponents always gave themselves room. I would suggest a standard ledge attack or just a neutral get up.

Samus is to be laser camped as much as possible, due to her ability to up-b pretty much anything.
Those were friendlies, I don't powershield things that can kill me in real matches.

I can powershield Falco's lasers nearly consistently, so I figure learning to powershield missiles just as often might be pretty boss. Thanks for the advice though.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
I like your fox. You play really smart, and so much like your Mario.

You seem to play out of your shield alot though, which isn't normally horrible...but against Sheik I don't think it would be such a good idea. When you faced Lunaris you were sometimes just sitting in your shield. I think you should tweak your Fox to be more jumpy and unpredictable. When facing sheik or another spacey especially; the more erractic the movements the better.

Your Fox is definetly refreshing though. I thought you only played Mario. haha.

Eggz

Smash Hero
I like your fox. You play really smart, and so much like your Mario.

You seem to play out of your shield alot though, which isn't normally horrible...but against Sheik I don't think it would be such a good idea. When you faced Lunaris you were sometimes just sitting in your shield. I think you should tweak your Fox to be more jumpy and unpredictable. When facing sheik or another spacey especially; the more erractic the movements the better.

Your Fox is definetly refreshing though. I thought you only played Mario. haha.
Woah good advice all around. I'll work that into my game.

I mostly play fox and marth now. Marios gotten old D=

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
you mean playing amazing to win matches against super tiers was getting old. Isn't it twice as easy to go own with spacies or a ridiculously over-prioritized, super-ranged swordsman?

Man, dontcha just LOVE this game?

SCOTU

Smash Hero
people put too much emphasis on top teirs. characters fell to the bottom of the tier list becuase of sheik, and then ppl found that fox/ falco own high tier characters, so they're the top tier, when a startling number of low tiers have decent matchups against fox/ falco.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
I'm not saying its a bad thing. I play Fox...I personally see the effects the tiers have on character selection in my smash community.

What I mean to say is, as much as I respect M2k, Ken; you know...the top tier kings of smash -
I just can't help the fact that seeing a character that ISN'T top tier own, fills me with an unrivalled sense of admiration towards the player.

Anyways. Eggz (Mario), Ka Master (Luigi), Taj (Mewtwo, but Marth in tournies); I think they're all crazy.All pros who play arguably sub-par characters for the sheer hell of it, and not because they can quintuple f-tilt to fair the entire cast (*cough* sheik *cough*).

I should've said that to begin with. In my post above, I was merely stating how even an amazing Mario can find himself winning more matches with a decent high tier. Its just the way the game works.

Top Bottom