• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Egg Throw completely pointless

ironmanATL

Smash Rookie
Since I now have to wait til f-in march to Brawl, I've been medicating myself with heavy doses of Melee. Now, I used to be one of the many Yoshi haters, but have recently realized his merits. HOWEVER, the egg throw (up b) might be the worst special move in the entire game. Maybe there's more strategy to it than I see, but I kinda doubt it.
Thoughts?

comboking

Smash Master
if you have a jump left and your enemy is edgeguarding you can hit him with your egg and jump

TheLake

Smash Master
My favorite projectile for good reason. It can set up for combos suprisingly, has wicked knockback, good to indimidate or bait, decent damage, and has amazing edge propertys.

Do your homework son

** Demand: Youtube fumi...(: **

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Egg Throw is a good, all-purpose projectile. It's not a laser, but it gets the job done.

S2

Smash Lord
Since I now have to wait til f-in march to Brawl, I've been medicating myself with heavy doses of Melee. Now, I used to be one of the many Yoshi haters, but have recently realized his merits. HOWEVER, the egg throw (up b) might be the worst special move in the entire game. Maybe there's more strategy to it than I see, but I kinda doubt it.
Thoughts?

I think once you learn how to aim the egg you'll disagree.

Its a great projectile when you actually get good at directing the eggs. They are very mobile and you can do a lot with them.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
You should see good Zelda players. They make Zelda's forward B seem like a good projectile.

It takes experience and mindgames to use the eggs well. If you want a useless move, use your forward B attack. It has a hitbox behind Yoshi's egg, so it pretty much has negative priority.

Eggs can be frustrating though. They break so easily. A lot of high priority characters can just n-air through it.

Yoshistar64

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, the egg is an excellent combo starter. Grab onto the edge after you throw it so there is no lag, and then you can either edgehop to an aerial or throw another one, like Fumi does for edgeguarding/edgehogging.

DstyCube

Smash Journeyman
Screw the Egg Roll, Egg Toss is teh worstest skill evar!

Seriously... egg tossing is probably one of THE best skills Yoshi's got! It just takes some getting use to. I love the stun it's great for juggling and starting up combos.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
*facedesk*
Heheh, you rimind me of me back in early 2005 before I discovered how good it was. Probably everyone had a time when they thought the Egg Throw was crappy, but that is very wrong :3
If you know how to aim the eggs you know how own with the Eggs :3

BDawgPHD

Smash Ace
I remember one game, I was using Yoshi, and legit every egg I threw nailed someone in the face.

Granted, it was a team game, but none of the shots hit my teammate, who was in the fray during this whole deal.

Top Bottom