• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Egg roll ledge snap

Nightcomet

Smash Rookie
So while i was gooning around as Yoshi i discovered that if you egg roll off the edge and cancel your egg roll just before you fall off and quickly flip the stick in the direction of the ledge that Yoshi will snap to the ledge. Its kinda hard to get used to the timing but it is potentially useful for edge guarding if you don't have time to get out of your egg. Its also pretty safe as you can recover with you double jump if you mess up. Don't have any footage but you should be able to recreate it if you just mess around a little.

Last edited:

Damp

Smash Apprentice
This was added in 3.5, and I actually don't find it very useful for edgeguarding. The best use I've gotten out of it is an escape to a safe position. So if you're above someone and you want to get away, eggroll in the air over them so they miss, then go across stage to ledge and you can egg stall to give yourself time and space to get back into neutral.

Top Bottom