• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Effects of Pepsi/Other Soft Drinks on the Body

Nike.

Smash Hero
Sodas obviously aren't good for you and do cause some major health problems. Nobody hear mentioned this. Soda contains phosphoric acid. This acid depletes calcium levels in your bones. Calcium is very vital to your health and sadly most people in society don't get enough of it after abandoning milk cartons in elementary school.

Osteoporosis (when your old and your bones are weak and break or fracture easily) is mainly caused from a lack of proper calcium. This isn't noticeable in high school or college age because our bodies are still developing, but bone fractures become much more frequent with age. Usually osteoporosis occurs mostly in women, but men can get it too.

It sucks lol. Smashers, or even most gamers in general, down sodas like our lives depended on it (or even worse, energy drinks O_o).

So yep. Soda = calcium depletion which = weak bones. DRINK MILK. Or better yet, take calcium supplements. It's a health concern and you don't want to regret it 30+ years from now.

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
i actually read all that recently, i dont recall if it was someone's post or a quick google search.

it is actually sad that many people dont drink milk. friends avoid it just because it leaves a bad breath... all you gotta do is a quick rinse with water and you should be good enough. Besides, not everyone's breath smells good in the first place, everyone has coffee these days.

i never had beef with milk before in my life, 2%, 1%, white milk even. i actually like white milk over chocolate milk.

Top Bottom