• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Effective use of DK's Final Smash?

Hippochinfat

Smash Ace
It seems really useful in certain situations. Like you could block the entry to the saftey pod in norfair so everyone gets hit by the lava (Except DK since hes invincible during his FS)

Dragon Master Luigi

Smash Apprentice
Lol... I knew it was useful.. its just that you have to tap the buttons to a beat of the music to make a huge wave!! I'd tap the button as fast as I could though to get the whole thing!!

iron blade

Smash Ace
it looks a little better in that vid, but it still seems like on of the lamer final smashes...

WarioII

Smash Apprentice
im lovin it now i was wonderin how it knocked people back it looks good i wish he would of pressed the buttons to the beat i like it now that i have seen it in action i will be using dk from time to time now

Night Avenger

Smash Journeyman
Wait... O_o WAS THAT SONIC'S SHADOW ALTERNATE COSTUME?!?!?!? I think it actually was... O_o

Formula1

Smash Apprentice
It looked like people wer falling into it, It didn't look effective at all...........

Hm........ : /
Yeah, If you have to hit the buttons to the beat of the music, I can get Used to it :)

On a side point:
Did anyone else notice how annoying those girls are who comment?
I know they're suppose to like keep up the hype, but, They seemed awefully annoying.
If i was there I would totally just want to be like
"STFU, you sound like an idiot. I don't care if I win or lose, it's just a game!"
Why do they have to get models to go there? It seems like it makes them less attractive to me......

QuantumRanger

Smash Rookie
it was most likely hard to focus on the rhythm due to the noise at the convention but I am glad I finally saw proof this FS can do more than what I have seen

The Director

Smash Lord
I know a lot of people have been saying that DK has remained mostly the same from Melee, but after watching this video I seem to think otherwise.

After maining DK for the past 6 years and becoming a master with him, I can tell the little differences. First off, his moves look like they all have a little bit of lag, but then come out faster. (kind of an oxymoron, I know but watch the DK videos closely and you'll see what I mean) What does this mean? DK's a bit faster. But then again, with the 'floatiness' that's been added to Brawl, DK should be a little bit more balanced out this time around.

And what about his final smash? Well, it's clear that DK has indeed drawn the short stick here...but it seems that it does have some uses if you know how to use it correctly. (but aren't most FS's like that?)

Also, if your opponents are at a high percent, it should be quite devastating.

knuckles_18

Smash Cadet
this final smash looks 10 times better in this video then in any others and now it can actually do something and all of a sudden it dose not suck.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
ill admit, that was the most effective use of it ive seen. but i would have loved to have seen DK running around on rambi for his final smash

Williampettysan

Smash Journeyman
It does look better, but...... They guy who played DK........ Like fell of 20 times trying to charge his B... O.O

nuro

Smash Lord
Those little sound waves will get bigger if you press it to the rhytm. If you noticed there was one sound wave that was notably larger than the other probably because the DK player pressed a button according to the rhythm.

Also, the update says "Feel the rhythm and increase the power!" then it shows DK with fire arms but in the video he doesnt have fire arms. This is most likely because the person wasnt pressing it right so he didnt get any power when he was done. This is a two part final smash.

Just wait until the game comes out before you hype it/ bash it.

Algus Underdunk

Smash Journeyman
Well done. It can be an extremely devestating Final Smash if executed properly. Heh... I wonder how many people who still think it's a dinky little attack will be overwhelmed when it suddenly produces those giant blast shockwaves...

Bacon Man11

Smash Journeyman
I don't really get exactly what you have to do to make the waves big, but it looks like of you can perfect it you'll bee unstopable.

The Director

Smash Lord
Nice. Meta Knight **** by DK. That's what I like to see.

His down B is the move that DK needs buffed the most. It's his signature attack. It has been since DKC.

Chaos Wolf

Smash Cadet
It is fairly obvious that the FS wasn't being used to it's potential. after all it was being played to the tune of.
"PRESS ONE! PRESS ONE! PRESS ONE!".
"*Thunk,Thunk,Thunk,Thunk,Thunk!*"

Smashbros_7

Smash Ace
The final smash looks like a powerful edge guard and can set one or two people up for a combo, but it has low knock back, can be easily avoided in large levels even though there's not a lot of them and try comparing DK's final smash to any of the other brawler's final smash that were revealed at E for all. Read gimpy's thread on DK and you'll know that his final smash is pretty bad, although DK and his final smash are cool and it disappoints me that he's been declared low tier by gimpy and other pros. Other than that DK's FS has great usefulness in most levels but try comparing his Final smash to other character final smashes out there. Also, did DK's final smash kill anyone even at over 100% damage!? DK's still awesome though at least.

Kips

Smash Ace
I think that in close quarters that this FS is powerful and with the correct sense of rhythm, one can dominate on open areas by roping in an opponent with a downthrow then suddenly starting your FS.

Note that to be a Donkey Kong main you must now be a music student. :chuckle:

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
I think that in close quarters that this FS is powerful and with the correct sense of rhythm, one can dominate on open areas by roping in an opponent with a downthrow then suddenly starting your FS.

Note that to be a Donkey Kong main you must now be a music student. :chuckle:
i agree, although it would be nice if they buffed it as well

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Continuous area of effect damage. Maybe not that great in 1v1 other than say edgeguarding but its great for FFA.

-Onyx

Coselm

Smash Ace
Why DK's final smash does not suck:

Back throw -> Final Smash = instant kill

All you have to do is get someone a little bit off of the stage, and then use your final smash. I'm assuming most characters won't be able to recover. Although this method would pretty much be useless against Kirby, metaknight, pit, etc. this could prove very effective against a lot of characters.

Kips

Smash Ace
Actually that's an interesting theory- The only reason DK's smash wasn't at its peak was because of the noise factor. I bet in a 4 person environment it would be much easier to pull off and damage with. Hmm...

Kyle_Wattula

Smash Journeyman
While on Smashville, I enjoy using the FS on the strolling platform, that way the opponent is forced to deal with it at some point, instead of just avoiding the initial blast, than just waiting on the other side of the screen.

I would rather ledge guard normally and use FS to build damage. I did 73% simultaneously on two separate characters yesterday.

Top Bottom