• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Edmonton SSBM Tournament

Ecks13

Smash Rookie
YOU.THree Super Smash Brothers Melee Fundraising Tournament
MARCH 7, 2008

"One last Melee before the Brawl"

http://www.youthree.net/smash
(Please register if you are planning to go or even just thinking of going)
http://ualberta.facebook.com/event.php?eid=10362818382 (Facebook Event)

VENUE AND TOURNAMENT DETAILS

DETAILS

MARCH 7, 2008

Singles Bracket Double Elimination Tournament
(hopefully a doubles bracket will be held as well)

$10 Entry Fee (to cover maintenance and venue fees - also includes a $5 coupon for food and drinks)
$10 Registration Fee (for prize pot)

Prize:
1st Place - 60% of prize pot
2nd Place - 30% of prize pot
3rd Place - 10% of prize pot

Start: 5:00 PM (the doors will be open at 4:00 and everyone is welcome to play some friendly matches)
End: OPEN ENDED

10005 80 Avenue NW Edmonton, Alberta T6E

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&hl=e...855&spn=0.012325,0.039911&t=h&z=15&iwloc=addr

Questions? Missing information? Contact: smash@youthree.net

RULES AND REGULATIONS

SINGLES

- Double Elimination bracket
- 4 Stock, 8 minute matches
- All sets are best 2 of 3 matches except Finals and Semi-Finals which are best 3 of 5
- Items are OFF
- $10 Registration Fee to be paid at the event

DOUBLES

* This bracket will only be played if time allows. There is no set end time for the tournament, therefore this bracket will be dependent on the participating teams' attendance. *

- Double Elimination bracket
- 4 Stock, 8 minute matches
- All sets are best 2 of 3 matches except Finals and Semi-Finals which are best 3 of 5
- Items are OFF
- Friendly Fire is ON
- Lifestealing is allowed
- $20 Registration Fee ($10 per player) to be paid at the event

Stage Rules:

- 1st match's stage in the set is randomly chosen from the following:

Battlefield
Dreamland 64
Final Destination
Fountain of Dreams (banned in doubles)
Pokemon Stadium
Yoshi's Story

- The succeeding match's stage is chosen by the loser of the preceding match. They can choose any of the following:

Battlefield
Brinstar
Corneria
Dreamland 64
Final Destination
Fountain of Dreams
Jungle Japes
Kingdom II
Kongo Jungle 64
Mute City
Onett
Poke Floats
Pokemon Stadium
Princess Peach's Castle
Rainbow Cruise
Yoshi's Island
Yoshi's Story

- Players may not choose a stage they have already won on during that set

Miscellaneous Rules:

- Double blind picks may be called for the 1st match of the set at any time

- After the winner of the match has been decided, the loser will announce the next stage. Winner then chooses their character followed by the loser choosing their character.

- In case of a match reaching past the time limit, the person/team with the most stocks wins. In case of a tie, the person/team with the lowest percent wins. If it's still undecided, all players still alive must exit the Sudden Death and play a 1 stock match, 5 minute limit. If it is still undecided, both players/teams will be disqualified from the tournament.

- Glitches that take control away from your opponent or indefinitly freeze them, such as the Ice Climber’s freeze glitch or Mewtwo’s Soul Stunner, will disqualify the player/team from the match and give the win to the victim(s) for that match. Moves used to recover, such as Peach's Wallbombing or Jigglypuff's Rising Pound are fine. Any of those moves used to stall, however, will disqualify the player/team from the match and give the win to the victim for that match. Further attempts will result in forfeiting the tournament.

- Wobbling is also illegal

- Excessive stalling during matches is prohibited and could cause disqualification from the match, set, or tournament.

- Please bring your own controllers. We have limited numbers of extra controllers. Any brand of controllers may be brought in, as long as any special features of the controller are not used. Any attempt to gain an advantage by utilizing features of a controller, such as autofire or controller modifications, will result in an immediate ban from the tournament. Controllers will be checked at registration before use.

- Trash talking is accepted and encouraged between players during matches but please speak with discretion.

- Roudy and rude behaviour will not be tolerated. Be a good sport.

- The staff reservers the right to disqualify any participating player due to misconduct or bad behaviour.

- And last but not the least...HAVE FUN!!!

Questions? Missing information? Contact: smash@youthree.net

FalseFalco

Smash Master
Hopefully the facebook group will get me a response from the organizer, unlike last time they pulled one of these.

Ecks13

Smash Rookie
what are we fundraising for exactly?
Well, actually, YOU.THree is a social youth group. We are still sort of new and we're just doing fundraisers to raise money so we could actually start doing things for the community. A lot of the members are huge SSBM players so we decided to host these tournaments. We are thinking of making it semi-annually (hopefully) but at least annually.

Stevo

Smash Champion
what do you mean by university people lol

I guess that includes me, I should be there if my Group gets going on our project
(yes, group projects still exist in university:ohwell:)

MagnuM

Smash Ace
Hey Stevo! Wanna team with me in doubles? I'm having a work team outing tonight that starts at 5 pm, so unfortunately I won't be able to make the singles tourney, but I can always swing by a few hours after and hopefully doubles hasn't started by then. I registered us on the website.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
steve, on your ivysaur sig, are those black holes supposed to be sunglasses? to me they just look like big gashes in his skull :\.

Stevo

Smash Champion
I dont know if chocked is the appropriate word.

more like *****ed out

and yeah school took over my life sorry guys :urg:

who got 1nd 2rd 3st?

EDIT: lol you should all know by now that the point of my sigs is to look ********..... so to answer your question alphicans.... doesnt matter

Top Bottom