• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Edgeguards: Snake,DDD,ROB

Timcanpy

Smash Cadet
So we know, vs heavy characters we must have some smash fresh( Dsmash or Fsmash), and this is saying that we must focus in the edgeguarding too. I have time reading this forum, but just a few days ago im taking part in the threads, so here some ideas that is probably a lot of people here use it, but i think is useful talk about the KO problem.

Before of begin what i want to say, a Dair tip xDD
the Dair is one of best options for the edgeguard, so there a aplication of the Dair that i think is good to mention. If the opponent is recovering from down, you can run out the stage without jump, Fastfall, do a Dair, and comeback to the stage. this is very useful to surprise the enemy, and get a easy KO :).

vs Snake, the fight depends in big part of de edgeguard.I have separated the edgeguard In 3 cases.

1) I noticed (probably you too), when snake is recovering he cant do ANYTHING (if he dont wanna loose this life obviously) when he is recovering from down, diddy kong player must always edge guard with a Dair in this situation, because that mean that snake loose a stock :). Well, thats sound pretty obvious.

2) The other moment when diddy MUST attack,with Fair or Dair depending of the situation,is when if he attack you, he cant hog in the ledge .dont care if snake hit u ind the air, because he will loose the stock :)

So in this 2 moments is completely necesary attack,

3) In another situation, when he is recovering and can attack without loosing a stock, probably will use a Nair,Uair,Bair or maybe a dodge, so here , i think is better follow him, but waiting for one of these moves named, out of his range, wait for the exact momento to attack, im talking about mind game.

vs King Dedede, the edgeguard is more mindgame tan vs snake, so here u can use bananas, peanuts, or another combination, thts depend of you, but exist some things that is very useful have in mind.
I have separated the edgeguard for the pinguin in 2 general cases,when he is using his jumps, and when he is on his Up+B move.

1) In the first case, you can attack him, but there`s a risk of be attacked, so be careful. A good manner of attack, is when a banana in hand, throw it first, then attack, just throwing it can work too, like using peanut gun, but we know that a aerial in this situation can give an easy KO . We have too the Diddy hump, but well, this all will depend of the situation.

2) When he is performing his Up+B, is a momento to attack. He have some invulnerable frames, but if you hit out of this frames, maybe u wil get a KO , or can continue edgeguarding. I suggest, use Fair : ).
Something that can be very useful: he will cancel the Up+B. Is known that pressing down DDD cancels his Up+B . The DDD players always do this to ledgehog, so wait for it, and punish he : ), if he continue with the trajectory of his Up+B to the ground of the stage, just punish it too with a smash or something else.

vs ROB, i dont have the same experience that i have vs snake and DDD, for this, this will be shorter.
ROB have a great recovery,good projectiles and is very flexible, so he can protect himself very well, but he can receive a Dair, a Fair, a diddy hump too :). Edgeguarding vs a ROB,take care of the projectiles, and do ur best xD( is late i need sleep xD)

we cant build a manual for edgeguarding, but we can certainly predict some situations vs some characters. thats the idea of this.
I cant put some of this on video for a best explanation, but this still can help ( i hope xd)

Sryy if my english is poor, i do my best tryng to explain what i have in mind :S

IDK

Smash Lord
another good method for spiking is the NFFspike. (no fast fall) just hold down on your jump on the way up, then when you cstick the dair you dont fast fall. now diddy can spike even lower. nice guide i guess.

Top Bottom