• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Edgeguarding

MrAndersonMan

Smash Cadet
I'm having trouble playing a good edgeguard game with Wolf... people like Pit and such are simply spike fodder, but characters with recoveries that hit above them (Ike, G&W) are just plain hard to hit. Especially since edgehogging doesn't seem as effective as before; I often get whacked off the edge. So currently I've given up edgehogging, and just stay at the tip and spam dsmash, which isn't very effective at all. So any advice?

Mizar

Smash Ace
I'd say jump off the edge with an empty short hop or attack that is supposed to miss, keep pressuring him while he's off the stage so he's more likely to make mistakes. Or just mindgame him on the edge. Alot of players use an attack when they hang on the edge. just run away a bit so they think they're save. When he crawls back on the stage with A just run towards him again and Dsmash. Or, make use to that awesome F-smash you got there. This does the trick for me against characters with an annoying upB move.

Basically: mindgames are your friend.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
"Mindgames are you friend" can be said about anything, though.

However, I do have to agree with pressuring. Empty short hops and intentionally missed attacks would be a great thing to do. Well said, Mizar.

One of my Smash friends plays Ike and that Up B is so very frustrating. He tends to camp on the edge a lot and I find, if timed correctly, you can run off and Bair people into the stage. I've gotten several kills like that.

But hey, if you are in the lead and they want to camp, fine by you, right? You'll win.

Also, you could try hugging as they recover.

snadmonkey

Smash Journeyman
shop to double jump bairs, if they air dodge follow, you can do a second bair before they can air dodge again, but make sure ur high enough or they'll hit the ground. If they are on the ledge find a the right distance away so a shop bair will hit jumpers and spam shop, if they attack or stand up u can hit em with bair again, even if they block knock em back on edge. If they roll just land and dsmash them. Use bairs to force em to grab the edge, then as long as you don't mess up you can keep em on the edge for a good while.

Mizar

Smash Ace
"Mindgames are you friend" can be said about anything, though.

However, I do have to agree with pressuring. Empty short hops and intentionally missed attacks would be a great thing to do. Well said, Mizar.

One of my Smash friends plays Ike and that Up B is so very frustrating. He tends to camp on the edge a lot and I find, if timed correctly, you can run off and Bair people into the stage. I've gotten several kills like that.

But hey, if you are in the lead and they want to camp, fine by you, right? You'll win.

Also, you could try hugging as they recover.
Really? I tried to Bair a recovering Ike several times but I keep getting sucked into the attacks and sent downwards so I stopped doing that. Or do you mean chasing him off the stage and Bair him against it? If so, it should be done before Ike uses Up+B, or else you get dragged down.

Top Bottom