• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Edgeguarding with Link

Brutos

Smash Apprentice
I find it hard to edgeguard my opponents effectively with link. How do you guys edgeguard with your links. Any tips would be well appreciated =).

4Serial

Smash Lord
look up Izaw's Art of Link guide that will teach you how to "z-air edgeguard" and "gale guard".
jumping out and n-airing works on characters with bad recoveries. jumping out and d-air works sometimes and is a decent way to KO, but it is risky.

NintenJoe

Smash Ace
do what serial said, and also look in ArkiveZero's Basic Knowledge of Link. There's some tips on a thing called "hugging" that's pretty useful.

AD1

Smash Rookie
Jumping out towards them with a F*air usually works pretty well for me..catching them with the second hit is obviously better than the first

sasook

Smash Champion
it's hard to set up for that since people don't just stay on the edge when their invincibility is gone <_<
you have a lot of other options
True, but I honestly don't know if it works while they just hang on the ledge. The times I've done it, they either ledgehopped or tried to jump straight up back onto the stage.

Top Bottom