• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

edgeguarding space animals

Aero

Smash Journeyman
I always seem to mess this up.

Plairnkk told me about a Jigglypuff in Maine (Darc) that beat PC Chris's Falco in tournament (he beat him later in losers with Shiek) partially thanks to his flawless bthrow to death KO's. Apparently, if he's by the ledge, and he bthrows Falco off the ledge he can KO him every time, because, apparently, he covered all the possible options or something... (if someone understands how to do this, please share)

random tips are fine too.

Ghostype

Smash Champion
That sounds interesting. Personally against space animals I try back throwing them off the stage, and hope for that forward B recovery attempt, then back or forward air them which normally works if I connect (depending on their percent it knocks them out a good distance).

My problem is that I misjudge the height they'll perform the move at and I end up below them, which does me no good. But when I do get the correct height it's like a guaranteed kill for me, when I remember to do this anyway.

Raistlin

Smash Lord
Yeah, if you just get them off the edge they're pretty easy to KO, in comparison to other characters. Their side-B has start-up lag which you can hit them out of, and you can knock them out of the attack after they've started moving if you time it right. If they end up below the ledge it's even easier because then they have to use their up-B, which has a LOT of start-up lag. So just get out there and fair or bair them.

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
Bthrow-->Bair.. this only works if they jump into the ****. Fairs (IMO) are also better for guarding space animals. Dsmash also works if they try to sweetspot the edge. Only use Nair if you're not afraid to take alittle damage. Then again Aero.. you already know how i play ;)

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
I didn't beat his Falco. It was his fox.

Not that it matters in terms of this topic really.

RPK

Smash Lord
Yup basically just have Jiggs give them a german suplex then jump out and give them a drop kick xD but seriously though just b-throw then fair since it stays out longer then bair and you can give them a light fair which will just make them drop.

Pine

Smash Ace
no fair darc now everyone loves ur jiggz cuz you beat some nob and noone cares about me :( just cuz you knock me out every tourny doesnt mean your better then me!!!

Jarc

Smash Lord
TO THE CORNFIELD... BYAAAH!!!!!! (Montreal, Canada
Darc didn't jiggly ditto me, so no respect for him : (.

No one seems to remember my results against PCs falco : (.
But Darc, bro, you and me = meant to be. Next time I'm down in the US we gotta do a double jiggly team. Cuz... y'know... our names rhyme 'n stuff.

Brookman

Smash Hero
When fox/falco are on fire you hit them, then they die. Darc knows all about this shiz.

"Anything with the words chozen and skill in the same sentence is false. Unless the words "has no" are included somewhere in the middle of the two"

Chozen1 has no balls, but he does have skill.

TAKE THAT PLANK!!

edit: LOL SIG'D

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
The above comment is even better than my previous sig..

Chozen <3 Brookman.

Darc- Jiggs dittos are only dumb if neither player knows how to KO using Uairs.. Chozen <3 Jiggs Dittos...

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Brookman is right. Just hit them and they'll die. Same goes for Sheik.

Cort

Apple Head
And pretty much every other character in the game.

He in no way "covered all his bases" when edgegaurding PC's Fox. He just got lucky and PC was stupid enough to jump into his ****.

Brookman

Smash Hero
yeas, the way I remember it was he threw PC out, then PC went on fire, then Darc extinguished him with back-airs.

Top Bottom